News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Maybe-- maybe not!

Started by foggy, 19, July, 2010, 08:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foggy

I am now at the cross roads with my car (Robin Hood). I intially bought this car to see if I enjoyed driving kit cars, with a view to build my own later on. I really like driving the Hood, the engine seems sound,so does every thing else. I have spent a few quid on it, but more or less have stayed in budget for my first car. What I am thinking now, is to chuck a few more quid at it,have total re spray,new seats, maybe bling the engine up a bit, or sell it and buy a bit better car,  I have seen better cars on e-bay, for twice the amount for what I paid for mine.   mmmmmm, has any one been here before?

Psymon

I see where you are comming from, i have only just purchased mine great car nothing much wrong with it all BUT i really want to put my mark on it now, private plate, new dash etc all in the pipe line, even if i bought  a car twice as much as mine cost i would prolly do the same.
Ask yourself this question would you start to make you mark on another purchase ? if yes then why sell ur hood just make it better for you.

Just my thoughts.....

Cheers Si  :D :D :D

paintman

Your doing exactly what i did.....bought a Hood 'cause there cheap and gave it a try to see if you like  kit cars.

I did what your planning ie.....resprayed it, changed the seats, modified the dash and tarted up the engine bay plus a few engine improvements.

I still got a few things i want to do, like redo the dash completely and reupholster the interior and new carpets...... thats my next project.

When i've finished with all the mods i want to do i'll probably get bored and flog it and get something new to "improve".    I don't fancy spending half my live in the garage on a complete build .......the wife would leave me for sure!................................where can i get a new Zero kit cheap!! :P

Denzle

If all is fine, enjoy what you have, but put your own mark on it.
Think about your respray and ways in which you can change it from how it was when you bought it.

Then you will have pride in it and not want to sell.

foggy

Thanks for your thoughts, it looks as though I will be keeping this,I know its quite a long way off before I start doing these changes, I would'nt mind having a quote for the spray job, any suggestions,Bristol area?  I might attempt to do it myself, but  would be interested to find out what it would cost  me  for someone else to do it.