News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

New Car

Started by Hairy Santa, 03, October, 2010, 03:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hairy Santa

Went up to the Dax showroom to meet the builders Duncan and Dave, to pick up the Dax Rush yesterday with Colin (no not in his mini)

We were treated to a look around up there - very interesting setup

the weather was terrible, water all over the motorway so just got to let me and the car dry out somewhat now

Daley Down Under

Pete,

Looks awesome - roll on dry weather.

Adrian

Grin-a-lot

Hmmm, methinks it's going to be swift... :o

Mark G

That looks a bit nice that does...

'The Gaffer'

Nice motor Pete, how does it go :)

peetee

mm, nice, look forward to seeing it in the flesh.....

David H

tasty. very bling!! Good luck keeping those wheels clean!!

foggy

What a smart piece of kit that is, what  power plant have you got under the bonnet?

Hairy Santa

Quote from: G & Toniq on 03, October, 2010, 06:03:21 PM
Nice motor Pete, how does it go :)

well you turn the key and the thing in the front goes brum brum  and then  - sorry had to do it

I was taken out in it by Duncan Cowper when I picked it up, I have had some powerful motors but nothing like this ever - the only word that springs to mind is FRIGHTENING   - this makes the GT40 and the Spectre feel like very slow accelerating cars indeed, and they are around the 4 secs to 60

Hairy Santa

Quote from: David H on 03, October, 2010, 06:22:31 PM
tasty. very bling!! Good luck keeping those wheels clean!!

Self cleaning wheels Dave, and I've been informed they rotate so fast the dirt doesn't have a chance to stick to them - OK that would be with you driving it not me  ;)

Hairy Santa

Quote from: foggy on 03, October, 2010, 07:44:26 PM
What a smart piece of kit that is, what  power plant have you got under the bonnet?

It has a Hayabusa 1300 Holshot turbo engine which  has now been turned down on the boost to give 300bhp but will give 330bhp on full boost - and I now have a revearse gear - just got to figure out how it works - been told 6 gears forward and 6 gears backwards - now that could be fun   ;)

'The Gaffer'

Nice one, look forward to seeing it soon. Stick to 1st gear when you engage reverse :)

David H

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 03, October, 2010, 10:30:17 PM
Quote from: foggy on 03, October, 2010, 07:44:26 PM

It has a Hayabusa 1300 Holshot turbo engine which  has now been turned down on the boost to give 300bhp but will give 330bhp on full boost - and I now have a revearse gear - just got to figure out how it works - been told 6 gears forward and 6 gears backwards - now that could be fun   ;)

OMG. 6 reverse gears. with a turbo. I'm picturing being completely incapable of keeping up with your car even when its in reverse!! LOL!

YZFMINI

The car looks really good and goes very well and sound nice going through a tunnel.
He only bought it because of the big boot space. So he could carry more bacon rolls around.

Yzfmini

Hairy Santa

Quote from: YZFMINI on 04, October, 2010, 09:29:35 AM
The car looks really good and goes very well and sound nice going through a tunnel.
He only bought it because of the big boot space. So he could carry more bacon rolls around.

Yzfmini

Just love the bacon roll's bit, but you are right if it hadn't got the boot I wouldn't have bought it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  nice to have a car that you can carry something in - bit short on the ground I have found

:) ;) :D ;D :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ???

aliwizard

saw the car yesterday ,330 bhp  you just got to love kitcars,simply devastating,ps found that adaptor for your gas bottle pete. anyone do turbo kits for zzr1100  lol

David H

Just been over to see Pete's car.

OMG

It's feckin lairy! What a beast.

Animal.

paintman

Hope you got plenty of pairs of brown trousers.......got a feeling your going to need them!!!! :P :P

'The Gaffer'

Caught glimpse of it today too, nice car Pete, look forward to seeing it at combe ;)

Hairy Santa

Quote from: aliwizard on 04, October, 2010, 08:59:45 PM
saw the car yesterday ,330 bhp  you just got to love kitcars,simply devastating,ps found that adaptor for your gas bottle pete. anyone do turbo kits for zzr1100  lol

Thanks Nick will grab it off you next time we meet up if thats alright with you

Can you give me a shout on my email so that I can give you that ebay number - i will be dambed if I can get though to you on there
Petesmithbristol@hotmail.co.uk

Speak soon mate

Hairy Santa

Quote from: paintman on 04, October, 2010, 10:55:48 PM
Hope you got plenty of pairs of brown trousers.......got a feeling your going to need them!!!! :P :P

Anyone got any Bicycle clips

dave_bence

Wow, very impressive car Pete :o

Hope to see it soon.

Bulldog Bri

Awsome looking car Pete. Love the Rush.

See it this weekend at the club meet Yeah?

8)

Hairy Santa

Quote from: bulldog bri on 05, October, 2010, 10:33:25 PM
Awsome looking car Pete. Love the Rush.

See it this weekend at the club meet Yeah?

8)

waiting on the Dvla to give me a number, so a bit stuffed at the moment

Dixie

Buy a private plate you tight sod!!

Hope you can bring it to Exeter.  Love the wheels.

M

Denzle

Nice car Pete.  Love the colour. Looks a mean machine.  ;)

Hairy Santa

Colin and Alister came down today, and we sorted and modded a few bits and pieces on the car  ( or should I say afternoon and most of the evening) Thanks guys  - thats one I owe the pair of you

Now on the road and cant wait to get out there

Cob68

Looks good Pete, knew you would join the DAX club somehow.