Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Castle Combe Action Days

Started by robp, 06, January, 2011, 04:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

David H

I'm probably going. Fancy a few laps before tea.

Daley Down Under

I'm away for a week - family hols on a barge (max 4mph!!!!!!)

robp

Yes, I'm going.  I have an entry ticket.  Planning to get there fairly early, get a sound check, attend a briefing and then start sniffing out some cheap track passes (or hopefully one of those Magic white ones  ;D).

Weather forecast looks good.  Better remember my sun cream/hat.  Burnt bald head two weeks ago at Combe!

David H

Hey Rob, which area are you with?

robp

Quote from: David H on 07, April, 2011, 10:55:34 PM
Hey Rob, which area are you with?

David H

peetee

Sorry guys, would love to be there, but way too much going on with kids etc... Have fun, weather looking awesome!

Grin-a-lot

Is it free admission? I know that sounds cheap but might pop down for a little bit after I've picked up my new zetec powered car!!!

Sadly it's a ford c-max and not a kit car though!!!

robp

Very busy day.  Loads of cars there.  Good weather brought everyone out.  Few incidents on the track.  Drifters were great.  No track passes until after 4pm.

Quote from: robp on 07, April, 2011, 10:41:04 PM

Weather forecast looks good.  Better remember my sun cream/hat.  Burnt bald head two weeks ago at Combe!
Effing hot.  Bonce OK but glowing boat tonight.  Hope it calms down overnight else I'll be a laugh stock at Avenue Club tomorrow!   ;D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: robp on 07, April, 2011, 10:41:04 PM
Effing hot.  Bonce OK but glowing boat tonight.  Hope it calms down overnight else I'll be a laugh stock at Avenue Club tomorrow!   ;D

I know that one only too well ;D

paintman

I never made it..... :(

Missus wanted to have a trip to the coast in the Hood so I had to oblige......needed the brownie points.

Lovely day out but my face is as red as a beetroot! :-[

Tony

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: paintman on 10, April, 2011, 12:01:28 AM
I never made it..... :(

Missus wanted to have a trip to the coast in the Hood so I had to oblige......needed the brownie points.

Lovely day out but my face is as red as a beetroot! :-[

Tony

I had the same problem Tony. Went to Weymouth and Portland Bill with wife and dog..... blue skys and sunshine.

Chesil Cove, Portland

Ace Fettler

Bit late catching up with this thread. I went up to Combe as a spectator for the Spring Action Day. Definitely glad I had not booked any track time as the  driving standards were appalling!! Listening to the marshalls radio channel on the scanner they were giving 2 or 3 black flags per session, most of which were ignored by drivers. 1 bloke trying to drift a Carlton stretched limo round quarry!!

Richard