News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Winter detail offer

Started by chanz, 26, January, 2011, 09:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chanz

As winter is here 80% of paint damage occurs during these months due to salt, grit, mud etc being rubbed over your car while washing SO! I will be offering to BBS members a winter detail which will protect you car against these elements!

This offer is for the exterior of your car only and will include the following:

1. Car snow foamed and then removed, then foamed again and hand washed.

2. Tar removed, and then whole car clayed to a glass like finish.

3. Bodywork accessed depending on condition a two stage machine polish will be carried out to remove defects i.e. swirl marks light to medium scratches, then the paint will be cleansed to remove deep contaminants.

4. Paint work then glazed & sealed using a two stage sealant and a coat of high grade wax applied (both the sealant and the wax have lasting protection for twelve months).

5. Exterior trim, inner arches & tyres dressed with a protective coating, and wheels protected with two stage sealant.

7. Exterior glass cleaned and then coated with a rain repellant.

The cost for the above will be a special price of  £80.00, most detailing companies will charge four times as much for this service.

For all members who take up this offer, we will offer a aftercare service will be available to include snow foam hand wash if needed and dry this will refresh your protection and reduce defects to your paintwork.

paintman

Very tempting but most of my car is stainless steel......what can you do with that?

chanz

Paint it? Lol we Can still polish it using metal polish and our sealants will cure on metal aswell so will protect that the same as paint

paintman

Think you will find stainless steel and wax don't work that well together......goes smeary with a lot of marking.

chanz

We use a sealant which differs from a wax it seals the surface like a extra coat but has all the properties that a wax has but 10 times as good our sealant is rated to last 12 months it is also high temperature resisant so can be used on exhausts etc etc 

Richard

Chanz - fancy doing a boring mainstream car z4 coupe ?

chanz

With pleasure mate it's not boring At all !!

RMW50

Chanz,

Is your service mobile or do you carry out the work at one place? I am a little further away than others but would be interested. Are Saturdays a problem?
If was possible to travel a little further afield I could see how many customers I can drum up more local to me, at the moment I may have a Stuart Taylor Motorsport, a 1968 Morgan and one other...

Rich

Richard

Pic of the old 350z after a detail, not bad result considering Nissan paint isn't the deepest. Not done by Chanz but gives a good idea of what a pro can do.

chanz

Quote from: RMW50 on 28, January, 2011, 07:25:44 AM
Chanz,

Is your service mobile or do you carry out the work at one place? I am a little further away than others but would be interested. Are Saturdays a problem?
If was possible to travel a little further afield I could see how many customers I can drum up more local to me, at the moment I may have a Stuart Taylor Motorsport, a 1968 Morgan and one other...

Rich

mobile is not a problem all we ask is if you have somewhere undercover for weather reasons some saturdays are fine just depends on date but rest of week including sundays are fine for us

'The Gaffer'

You can't beat a pro detail. Nothing DIY will compare.

chanz

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 28, January, 2011, 10:44:28 PM
You can't beat a pro detail. Nothing DIY will compare.

very true no amount of hand polishing or even washing will remove the bonded contaminents on paint love the look on peoples faces when we clay a foot square patch on the car and the clay is filthy and they go omg u just washed that lol

chanz

bump not long left on the winter offer!

RMW50

Chanz,

I just want to check how far you are OK to go with your mobile service. I am in the midlands, but definitely want a 1968 Morgan doing, along with at least one other, maybe a Volvo S40 or my Stuart Taylor Locoblade (which is half aluminium...), if you need to make it more worth your while then just let me know, I am sure that I may be able to drum up some more work, I suppose it depends on how long each one takes...
This can be done in a double garage or at my work which has a large covered area...

If you need any more details then please drop me a an e mail,

Rich

Richard

Had a visit today from Chanz and Richard (not me visiting myself).

Z4 Coupe looking super shiny, will load a couple of pics up tomorrow eve.  Now in "Media"   in albums I've uploaded 2 pics.

A really good job done and would happily recommend them, although I think they wanted to take my garage away with them.

chanz

just had a look at pics glad you posted them as we dont get to see the cars in daylight its allways dark by the time we finish lol roll on the summer!!

it looks absoulutely stunning and you have a better than showroom finish now!!

was a pleasure to work on your car and bring it up to the standard it deserves it is a well looked after car!