News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Winter Car Storage

Started by Camber Dave, 26, July, 2011, 12:57:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camber Dave

Hi There.
As those of you who have been to our open days know we are just north of the M4 J 17 (Chippenham) and about 15 mins from Castle Combe circuit.
The unit next to mine at the farm is about to be vacated and I am considering taking it and sub-let single bays to owners of our sort of cars. Most bays will be open storage for cars, trailers, boats or caravans.
Probably 2 of the bays will be secure and fitted out with power and extra lighting to store and prepare a race or track day car or as Kit building areas.
During the first year I am planning to install another lift for rent by the hour/day.
Obviously most cars are built and maintained from home but if anyone would like to store their car for any period get in touch so I can assess interest and form a business plan. I would also welcome any requests or suggestions. For instance, what is the going rate for a lock up these days?
Incidentally my main reason to take the unit is to keep out disruptive neighbours (as now). I am only intending to cover the costs of the rent, insurance and lease of the lift and apportion these charges to the tenants fairly.

Post, PM or ring me on 07977 948883
Dave

'The Gaffer'

Great idea Dave.

I think from a storage perspective there will be more interest from caravan or boat owners, but build bays and ramps maybe with tools, now that could be a winner - cost dependant.

I may be wrong but most kit car owners I know build and store their cars in a house attached garage, but you may open an opportunity for local people to build and store?. That said it's not unusual for people to start with great enthusiasm and then abandon the project 10% in. So you might even have a market for part builds / scrap too as long as that forms a part of the rental agreement :)

Just be careful you are not pestered for advice every 5 mins, access would need to be well controlled too.

Good luck with the venture :)