News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Sponsor / Banner adverts

Started by glosjammer, 30, June, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glosjammer

Do we accept banner adverts on the forum? Money would go to club events?

'The Gaffer'

To be honest, I have tested my web knowledge just setting up this website and know very little about banner advertising.

If it is worthwhile and you have the experience, I would be interested to hear more.

I dont want to degrade the site though.

glosjammer

Well my full time careen is as an It consultant so Forums, Web design and advertising are skill I have.

If there is anythign specific you woudl like, then just let me know.

Quote from: G & Toniq on 30, June, 2009, 12:56:05 PM
To be honest, I have tested my web knowledge just setting up this website and know very little about banner advertising.

If it is worthwhile and you have the experience, I would be interested to hear more.

I dont want to degrade the site though.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: glosjammer on 30, June, 2009, 02:01:56 PM
Well my full time careen is as an It consultant so Forums, Web design and advertising are skill I have.

Now that is very interesting, thanks. Perhaps we can have a chat at the next meet. If there is anything in the meantime you think the site could benefit from just let me know. How easy is it to set up banners, and is it really worth it, its not as though we are a popular site?

glosjammer

Id kick it off with £100 for a banner for a year!

Sure lets hookup. I think we have a good start, we might want to look at the asthetics as alot of the site is hard to read (grey on black). I guess the question is how many kit car people are in the south west.

Quote from: G & Toniq on 30, June, 2009, 02:32:36 PM
Quote from: glosjammer on 30, June, 2009, 02:01:56 PM

Now that is very interesting, thanks. Perhaps we can have a chat at the next meet. If there is anything in the meantime you think the site could benefit from just let me know. How easy is it to set up banners, and is it really worth it, its not as though we are a popular site?

'The Gaffer'

Sorry, I know nothing about banners, £100 a year???

Its very hard to gauge Kit car ownership, its enough to support 3 or more major national magazines, but as far as the South West is conerned, I really wouldent have a clue, a couple of hundred maybe?

Do you mean text is hard to see?

glosjammer

Yes hard to see. I mean I woudl pay the club £100 to put a banner at teh top, LAl forums do it usually - take a look areound. Great revenue for the club.

Larger forums charge up to £100 a month, but thats with over 100,000 uniques a month.

Quote from: G & Toniq on 30, June, 2009, 02:49:41 PM
Sorry, I know nothing about banners, £100 a year???

Its very hard to gauge Kit car ownership, its enough to support 3 or more major national magazines, but as far as the South West is conerned, I really wouldent have a clue, a couple of hundred maybe?

Do you mean text is hard to see?

'The Gaffer'

Ah I see, ok lets hook up soon and have a chat, I would appreciate that.

Will drop you a pm soon. cheers, Phil.

glosjammer

No problem - anytime. Its my long time hobby to so Ill chat for hours about anythign IT or cars.

David H

Hello there, I've just got back off my hols and reading through some posts and saw this one.

Dont wanna be a kill joy and I could have the wrong end of the stick but I've seen advertising 'take away from the primary purpous' of a club. Many clubs don't allow advertising in this manner for these reasons. Is this club a business? It could be but I personally think it could create a different atmosphere, one that possibly lends to the usual business happenings out on the street which I'm afraid aren't all pleasant these days. Resentments can build as the club is advertising a service that may or may not be up to par. This can turn people away, create arguements. When I log on its for fun, not for business.

These are just my thoughts and nothing at all personal. I certainly wont hold a resentment if it goes ahead but I may or may not be the only one who thinks this.

By the way, very nice motor you've got there. I notice that you mentioned a brake upgrade in a different topic. How did the brakes perform at Combe? I've got Wilwoods with solids but with grooves as I had problems with glazed pads before. Vents can be overkill  but depends on speed etc. Luckily the front of the car is open so it cools a bit better than standard. I run Sierra on the rears too. They've been fine. An AP upgrade to the Master cylinder was needed as the travel on the pedal was too much before. I crash through pads though! Nature of the beast....

And welcome to the club

glosjammer

I didnt get enough time to test as the clutch was no good. Ordered one today so hopefully good for next week. Ill do it myself I think.

Brakes seem ok on the road, but havnt used them repeatedly in anger due to car confidence, its one thing having runoffs but quite another having armco and street furniture.

Spoke to AB as well today and he is putting my a package price together for a ZZR14 Supercharger forged engine and uprated box. So will probly need that brake upgrade after all LOL.

Quote from: David H on 13, July, 2009, 07:02:25 PM
Hello there, I've just got back off my hols and reading through some posts and saw this one.

Dont wanna be a kill joy and I could have the wrong end of the stick but I've seen advertising 'take away from the primary purpous' of a club. Many clubs don't allow advertising in this manner for these reasons. Is this club a business? It could be but I personally think it could create a different atmosphere, one that possibly lends to the usual business happenings out on the street which I'm afraid aren't all pleasant these days. Resentments can build as the club is advertising a service that may or may not be up to par. This can turn people away, create arguements. When I log on its for fun, not for business.

These are just my thoughts and nothing at all personal. I certainly wont hold a resentment if it goes ahead but I may or may not be the only one who thinks this.

By the way, very nice motor you've got there. I notice that you mentioned a brake upgrade in a different topic. How did the brakes perform at Combe? I've got Wilwoods with solids but with grooves as I had problems with glazed pads before. Vents can be overkill  but depends on speed etc. Luckily the front of the car is open so it cools a bit better than standard. I run Sierra on the rears too. They've been fine. An AP upgrade to the Master cylinder was needed as the travel on the pedal was too much before. I crash through pads though! Nature of the beast....

And welcome to the club

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: David H on 13, July, 2009, 07:02:25 PM

Point taken Dave, but dont forget this is a free club ;) As yet not large enough to go down the full on club subscription route and I hope it never gets that way. I did mention in this thread that I dont want to degrade the site. The club and website was formed for fun, but, dont forget who's paying for the bandwith... just me.

For the long forseeable future the club site will remain free, that means I pay for it until it can no longer be sustained out of my pocket alone. Maybe one day someone will hit the make a donation button and help towards costs. 8)

This is just a light hearted reply so please no one take offence or feel guilty. At the moment costs are easily affordable and I enjoy the club for what it is... fun.  Lets all make the most of it.... get posting folks!!!

David H

You've raised a good point there Maestro! Fair shout on the fact that it is still a free club and I have to admit I hadn't thought of that. I would happily pay a fee so maybe i'll have to hit the button!!!! just got your message so I will call back soon!!

Dave

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: David H on 18, July, 2009, 08:38:41 PM
You've raised a good point there Maestro! Fair shout on the fact that it is still a free club and I have to admit I hadn't thought of that. I would happily pay a fee so maybe i'll have to hit the button!!!! just got your message so I will call back soon!!

Dave

Thanks Dave, pleased you understand bud.

I have put a free banner ad in our links page for you. http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/index.php?topic=82.msg344#msg344

This applies to any other active members with thier own business that they would like linked too. Let me know.

David H