News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hello .O/

Started by chills, 26, December, 2011, 11:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chills

Hey everyone...    .;D/

My name is Chris and I'm pleased to say there's another kitcar in Bristol.  :D

I've just bought it, already built, SVA'd etc., it needs a bit of TLC and its just a Robin Hood but its my first kitcar and I'm chuffed!
I'm a track junkie and the car is hardly the perfect choice but will hopefully still be a giggle.

Chris ~:)

Bulldog Bri

Welcome to the club Chris, cograts on the getting your car I'm sure you'll have tons of fun with it. Hope you'll get along to some meetings next year.
:D

8)

'Mendip Wurzel'

Hi Chris

Welcome to the club. You say your car is "just a Robin Hood".... the Robin Hood can be a great kit car and in my opinion is one of the closer copies to the origial Lotus Seven designs.  Not only that because of the 'spirit of the build' (historically being the next step up from a Locost build) every car is very different and has its own personality and quirks. Enjoy and have fun.....

The owners club is also one of the largest.

Cheers

Kevin   

chills

Thanks for the welcome guys...

No offence meant wrt "JUST a Robin Hood"... what I meant was that I'm a track junkie and ideally want to use my cars on the track. I don't think the 'Hood is ideally suited due to its weight and design but I too love them and their looks, etc...
Mine has a 2L Zetec engine with a supercharger to boost its ooomph. :)

Will look into meets, etc... Need to get her tidied up and MOTd, etc. before I can start tearing up the tracks and show her off. :)

'The Gaffer'

Hi Chris and a warm welcome to our club. Nice car you have there and with a blower too should be of great interest.

fullpint

Welcome a long Chris,
So you have a Hood with a blower.. Should be fine on track.. Hope to see at Combe may be?

paintman

Hi Chris.  I got a Hood and love it!! :-*     Welcome to the club.      Tony

stupott901

Hi chris welcome to the club

'Mendip Wurzel'

Hi Chris

The car looks to be in good condition and a quality build..... so how many BHP do you get out of that engine with the supercharger? It certianly sounds like an interesting motor and should be very quick.

I see you have the more recent wishbone suspension on the front which is good, so I quess it is a later 2B model unless the suspension has been upgraded. What suspension set-up do you have on the rear?

Look forward to meeting you and seeing the car.

Kevin

chills

Quote from: fullpint on 26, December, 2011, 05:01:29 PM
Welcome a long Chris,
So you have a Hood with a blower.. Should be fine on track.. Hope to see at Combe may be?

Hiya and yep, you'll def see me at Combe this year - just as long as I can pass their noise test...
The sound-test hitler seems a bit of a jobs-worth - I regularly failed with my last car. :(
(500+bhp Skyline)

Quote from: 'Mendip Wurzel' on 27, December, 2011, 12:26:22 PM
Hi Chris

The car looks to be in good condition and a quality build..... so how many BHP do you get out of that engine with the supercharger? It certianly sounds like an interesting motor and should be very quick.

I see you have the more recent wishbone suspension on the front which is good, so I quess it is a later 2B model unless the suspension has been upgraded. What suspension set-up do you have on the rear?

Look forward to meeting you and seeing the car.

Kevin

Yes, I understand there aren't a lot of 'Hoods with superchargers... the 2L Zetec has been strengthened with forged pistons, rods, etc...
Seller estimated ~ 200bhp but I'm hoping to get it onto a rolling road soon and we'll see..  :)

It is indeed a later 'Hood - a 2B+ with GAZ coilovers on the front and SPAX coilovers at the rear on sierra based semi-trailing arms.
All fully rose jointed so I can get her setup for better handling.

A lot of the plywood needs ripping out and redoing along with the wiring, etc... but hopefully I'll get sorted ready for the start of season.
I'll get a project thread up with pix and info which I'll try and update as I go.

Looking forward to meeting y'all and seeing other Robin Hoods... hopefully on track.

Cheers all,

peterw

Hi Chris, Welcome, Where abouts are you based ? should be terrific when as you say tidied up a bit, I'm hoping to have my 2b finished soon so there will be yet another hood about then. 2ltr Blown Hmmmm interesting

chills

Cheers and I'm in Hanham, BS15. Technically South Glos rather than Bristol but I'm still welcome in the Bristol club, right? ??? :)

I bought it BECAUSE it has the s/charger as I come from a lot of cars all with turbos and can't live without the sound and shove they give. :D

peterw

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: peterw on 27, December, 2011, 09:22:54 PM
Hi Chris, Welcome, Where abouts are you based ? should be terrific when as you say tidied up a bit, I'm hoping to have my 2b finished soon so there will be yet another hood about then. 2ltr Blown Hmmmm interesting

So when do you reckon the car will be complete Peter...

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: peterw on 28, December, 2011, 02:22:53 PM
Everyone welcome ;D

Agreed, anyone anywhere is welcome to join the BKCC :)

dave_bence

Hello and welcome Chris ;D

peterw

Quote from: 'Mendip Wurzel' on 28, December, 2011, 04:08:59 PM

Kevin, I,m hoping for early spring for IVA. ;D

Moleman

Hello & welcome.
Hope to see the hood on the road in the spring then.  :D

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: peterw on 01, January, 2012, 07:26:34 PM
Quote from: 'Mendip Wurzel' on 28, December, 2011, 04:08:59 PM

Kevin, I,m hoping for early spring for IVA. ;D

Peter, So is the Le Mans Classic a goer in 2012... I know you mentioned it.     

YellaBelly

HI and welcome to the club. The Robin Hood was my original choice before RC brought out his damn book and made me build from scratch!! :) ;)

Have fun with the TLC and look forward to seeing it finished.

JB

peterw

chills

Thanks again for all the welcomes...
Will try and keep the build/project thread updated as and when I can bring myself to head into the cold garage. :)