News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hello!

Started by CH1EF, 19, March, 2012, 08:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CH1EF

Hi all, only just stumbled across this forum, I have had a Xflow F27 then a ZX9r MK Indy and last year bought a Luego Viento. The viento should be up and running in a month after a winter rebuild now with 320bhp SR20det engine (200sx), plated diff, wilwood brakes and lots of other custom parts. All going well if the overheating issues are back under control then 400bhp mark will  be broken with the new T2871r turbo  :D

look forward to doing some local events

p.s. anyone else got a viento around here?

Moleman

Welcome to the club.
I have only been a member for 6 months now but I haven't seen a Luego Viento yet though I haven't met too many members due to the winter months but there is alot of events coming up soon, so you may not be the only one. Hope it all goes well & if it's up & running we will be going to the weston super mare car show on the 8th April.  :)

'The Gaffer'

Hi CH1EF and a warm welcome to our club.

We do have a member called Psymon with a Viento which should be back on the road soon.

CH1EF

Did just see the Weston show, def will try and pop along be it in the car or not.

It will be good to compare notes with another viento owner :D

YellaBelly

Hello and welcome. :)

JB

'Mendip Wurzel'

Welcome. I have always had an interest in the Luego Viento because of its larger size, me being over 6 ft. There aren't that many Viento's about, I've seen a few Velocity's. So what modifications were done to get that engine up to 400bhp.
Kevin 

Psymon

Well Well another Viento with only just over 50 ish ever sold and now we have 2 in the club that's amazing.

Sounds like your Viento is going through a change just like mine is atm.

Any pictures Ch1ef of that beast you have there ?

And where are you based from ?

Cheers Simon.

CH1EF

Car is in Keynsham, you local? what engine you got in your/changed being made?

Some might recognise it from the old owner. The engine has;

760cc injectors
Z32 air flow meter 
Tubular exhaust manifold
3" straight through exhaust
Apexi power fc
ACT superlight billet steel flywheel
Bosch 044 motorsport fuel pump

the sr20det takes to tuning well and the above on standard turbo got rolling roaded at 321bhp at 1.3bar. Once the cooling is sorted I have a gt2871r here from my old car that will clear 400bhp no problems

Yes the viento is very spacious and will fit people well over 6ft and XXL size. But in fairness I am 12stone 5ft8 so its a strange choice, but I have had standard sized 7's and they are lots of fun but I always feel abit cramped and exposed when on track. Also the chassis needed no mods to fit the engine and with the extra room it should give me space to keep it cooler as SR20's get hot!

stupott901

Very nice looking car bet it goes as well as it looks

welcome to the club

stu

dave_bence

'The Gaffer'

Psymon

Yes i have seen that car last year for sale on the locost site, nice and tidy setup there. Did you get the spare carbon dash with it ? if so are you willing to sell it ? i really need one atm  ;D ;D

I have a duratec race engine going in mine NA at 310bhp all fitted now, just finishing off the cossie rear end lsd etc that we had to put on it. Still alot to do but hopefully on the road within a month or so.

Cheers Si

fullpint

Looks very tidy mate, BTW Welcome along  8)

CH1EF

Psymon, only got the new dash (not keen on the old one!). But I was thinking of making a new one for my car so could have a blank one made for you at the same time?

310bhp NA will be amazing fun, my next job is converting the rear end to 7.5 cossie as the 7" viscous LSD was terrible so got a plated 7.5. Im guessing its a straight conversion and the driveshaft attach to the hubs the same way.

Bulldog Bri

Hello from me to.  ;D

8)