News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

weber 32 carb assistance

Started by danwilko, 01, August, 2012, 05:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwilko

Right, i have a 32 weber carb fitted to my V6 essex engine (been told this is wrong but not to bothered at the minute)

It was running fine in the old engine but since ive left it when i pull the accelerator cable no fuel comes out the jets...got it working the other day and yet again it doesnt coem through.

I put a rag over the carb, started the engine and a vacume was created, fuel came through the jets but when the engine stopped, no fuel come through when i pull the accelerator cable

Is this normal for a weber carb? as in fuel will only come through when engine is running (in which case why did it when it wasnt running a while ago) or could it be jet problems or not enough fuel in the tank?

any help appreciated

cheers

Grin-a-lot

Doesn't sound right to me, if theyre anything like dcoe 40 carbs then something's up.

When I pump the accelerator the first thing it does is operate the accelerator pump in the carb and you get a squirt of fuel.  My crossflow needs this in order to start.  Do the 32s have accelerator pumps and are thy working? I did find the when I cleaned my carbs the pump got stuck and didn't inject fuel so perhaps that's your issue?

It doesn't take much debris to clog a carb and that's cheap to investigate.

danwilko

thats the same as was with mine, when i pump the accelerator, it pumps a lever on the other side of the carb via an arm and the fuel would come through the jets in a large squirt but now nothing.

the fuel was coming through an orange colour so maybe it is clogged, (all got rid of now and new fuel in tank)

what the best way to clean out the carb? or is there a book/manual thats good to buy to show this, as the haynes manual for a mk1 granada thats the base car is very basic in that matter

YellaBelly

Barring a full strip-down, the best thing for a clogged carb is to soak with carb cleaner then use an air line and blow through all jets etc.

danwilko

sounds like a plan,.....to ebay  :) and lets hope that cures it

thanks guys

Grin-a-lot

Good luck and let us know how you get on, everyone loves a happy ending!