+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Newb here

Started by Griff, 16, August, 2012, 09:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griff

Hi BKC.  I'm Griff from just over the border in Wiltshire.  Allow me to introduce 'Olly':-

He's a Stuart Taylor Locost; a 1963 Ford Cortina Super 7; in Aston Martin Gold running a Ford 1660cc 711M Cross Flow with Lumenition and Twin 40s.

I'm looking forward to putting a few miles on the Yokos around these great roads we have in Wiltshire and Somerset!

Griff

YellaBelly

Hi and welcome to the club.

Nice looking motor you have there and an unusual colour too, I like it :) Be good to see it in the flesh.

John

'Mendip Wurzel'

Nice car and welcome to the club

dave_bence

Hello and welcome Griff and Olly ;D

Grin-a-lot

Yay, another crossflow owner!  How's the luminition working for you?  Any improvement over the dizzy?

Welcome to the club!

Griff

Thank you all for the warm welcome, and weather permitting I am aiming to make one of the Monthly meets I've read about here.

Grin-a-lot - Luminition?  Vast improvement for me, although I do still love ajusting points on my Land Rovers! ;D

Next up is looking at LED rear lights.....  must read the forum......

stupott901

Hi Griff and welcome from fellow wilts person

paintman

Hi Griff and welcome to the club.   Where are you from.....you could come out with the 'Somerset Chapter' for a run if you like.    We go out most weekends if the weather is fine and Stupott comes from Trowbridge.

Tony

'The Gaffer'

Hi and a warm welcome to our club. Nice pics ;)

fullpint

WElcome to the forum Griff. Now thats a great colour. Never seen one like that. What part of the border are you from? NSEW? I'm just outside Box on the A4  ;D

Bulldog Bri

Warm welcome from me too..  ;D

8)

YellaBelly

Forgot to say, I'm also another Wiltshire resident, Burton, 5 minutes from Castle Combe. At this rate we'll have enough for a 'Wiltshire Chapter' :)

Griff

I'm near Hawkeridge just between Trowbridge and Westbury; so that's NW(ish) - a Wiltshire chapter eh? 

When's the next run out - itching to bump into a few like minded.  I did pop to the Noggin' and Nosh at Longbridge Deverill.

I bumped into a Stryker owner from Melksham and drooled over many bits of metal including I think a Robin Hood with a PIA numberplate (although with an SY on the bonnet) and a definate Robin Hood on a B plate in Red with a Stainless steel bonnet.  :P

Some real nice metal there, but the ground clearance was a little dodgy  :D

paintman

Yes, I was there in the Hood! ;)    Stupott was also there in his Cobra, parked in the corner.....loads of great cars there.   I didn't bother doing a posting as it was a last minute do!