News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Aston Court Estate.

Started by Moleman, 12, April, 2013, 08:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moleman

As some of you may know. I have been making inquires about being able to drive on the estate & park infront of the mansion house for afew hours.
Well there is some red tape & afew forms to fill in but it is possible that this could go ahead.
So before I carry on with the forms etc I would like to know what you guys would like to get out of this?

At first I was thinking alittle run somewhere then end up parking infront the house & use their cafe for coffee & cake with some photo's done to help promote the club & for your own personal collection.

But some of you guys may have other ideas?  Please put them on here if you do?
I would like to get a good turnout for this one as there will be a little charge for the privilege of parking infront of the mansion but if we get 10 cars it will be about £3 for the day.
I did try to say it would only be for a hour originally but I have been told it don't matter if it's an hour or all day. so it's up to you what you want to do?

I'm thinking one sunday in the middle of June. Maybe go from the queen square avenue meet & have a mini picnic or something?

So can you let me know what you think? If you interested? or if you can think of something better to do before or after going there? & If June is ok for you?

Also any suggestions on runs out? Day trips? North,East,south & West are most welcome. just email or personal message me.  :D

Grin-a-lot

That sounds like fun!

I thought the cafe at the house had closed so I reckon a run out, park outside, some photos and then a picnic on the nearby grass where we can keep a little eye on our prides and joy.

I've got a decent camera and tripod so can take some nice photos - get polishing those cars!

'Mendip Wurzel'

I would certainly be interested .... this sounds like good fun and something a bit different

Moleman

There are two cafe's there. one behind the mansion house next to the stables & a new one is being built up by the golf course.  :)

Grin-a-lot

I use the golf course one but thought the stables had closed - someone must've been telling me porkies!

YellaBelly

Sounds good :D

We're away in Austria for 4 days in June 13-17 (treat for dear old M.I.L ;)) but if we are around for it I'm game :)

Sprint 7

A run out plus tea and tiffin sounds absolutely spiffing ,or indeed a picnic on the nearby lawn (with lashings of Ginger Beer of course) is a topping wheeze too.Depending on the date ,count me in old chap ;D

Bulldog Bri

Looking forward to this one, sound like a nice day out.  ;D

8)

Moleman

Ok that is 6 cars so far. anyone else up for this?

With the date I'm thinking middle of June or August? which one would be better for you guys? :)

YellaBelly

As above, I am away for a few days in June but anytime in August sounds good for me :)

Hairy Santa

sounds good to me , be nice to meet up with Yellabelly sooner or later  ;)

IMPORTANT  - do they do breakfasts  ;D

benchmark51

Got some good memories at ashton court. Played golf there once, never missed a ball. Just never found any of them either!
Put me down for this one please.

stevel

Would be good if I am around, sounds like a fun day out if I am here.

Sumov8

If I am about I will turn up, the square then a run sounds like a good idea 8)

Grin-a-lot

Most weekends are good for me.

YellaBelly

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 19, April, 2013, 05:42:29 PM
sounds good to me , be nice to meet up with Yellabelly sooner or later  ;)

IMPORTANT  - do they do breakfasts  ;D

Pete, if you're going to the Shepton Mallet Classic Car show I'll take them there ;)

Moleman

Latest update.
I have filled in the parking permit form. Done a detailed risk assessment for the day & now await which sunday in August is available for us to do this as some people can't make June.
They won't let us on the site unless we have a qualified first aider which lucky enough I happen to be & I can supply a first aid kit which is also a requirement. But is there anyone else who is up for this who is also one aswell? Just so I know.

Once this is gone through we will have to make sure we have at least 2 people around the area for supervision & safety of the public.  ::)
There will be a charge of £30 for the permit & liability insurance so I would like at least 10 cars if possible for this then it's only £3 each.  :)

So it will be either sunday August 4th,18th or 25th. (11th is the Summer Classic show). Head there for About 11am, stay for photo's & a picknic lunch, (supply your own food) then leave about 2-3ish.
Is this ok for everyone?  :) 

Grin-a-lot

By the end of this weekend I'll have completed my 16 hour outdoor first aid qualification although I'll draw the line at mouth to mouth resuscitation!

I'm not sure what standard they require but the course I'm on is enough to be able to teach mountain biking/ lead hill walking etc.

The 4th would probably suit me best but should hopefully be fairly flexible.

'The Gaffer'

Can't imagine a safer place to be :)

Colin, we should have our own public liability insurance in place by then. Will confirm with you soon.

alastair

I will have to check on the date but sounds like fun. Ill let you know in the next few days.

Moleman

All the sundays are fully booked. ???
I have asked about the last 2 sundays in July instead.  ::)

Moleman

Aston court won't give me a date as it's wedding season so they want to keep the weekends free incase they get a wedding booking. Don't know why they never said this to me before as I have been talking to them for a while now.  >:(
On the plus side they council has approved my parking permit forms, risk assessments & route plan but they need a date to grant it.  ::) ::) ::) ::)
Aston court said I can still do this but we would have to be gone by 12 midday, so not sure if they is any good really?  ???

I have a backup plan, I have contacted Dyrham park today to do the same thing as they have a nice parking area infront of the mansion house where we can have picinic's, use the cafe, see the mansion house, gardens & deer park.  :D

Any thoughts on this please guys?  Ashton court for the morning or if it happens Dyrham Park? 

Grin-a-lot

Either would be fun for me so I don't mind at all.  If its a Saturday I know a semi-pro photographer who might come and take some pics as well.

I passed my first aid course so am fully qualified now so you can count me as a first aider.

'The Gaffer'

Sounds like Ashton Court are so up their ass as a regards health and safety I would be worried about spending too much time with them. Personally I would move on and leave them to their bureaucracy.

Dyrham sounds great to me.