News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Yet another car!!!!

Started by Bulldog Bri, 26, October, 2013, 07:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog Bri

I must need help!!!  :P

This morning me and Colin took a trip down to Weymouth to pick up.... Yes..... another Bulldog! :o

This one was a freebie Facebook friend I have in Belgium won the car from Ebay and just wanted the roof and a few bits. for the price he paid it was cheaper than getting a new roof made, compared to what we're paying for ours (plus the other bits) and I get a whole car to strip down for spares, including a tuned 1800 Marina engine (Stage1 head, fast road cam, etc), overdrive box for Anna's car up-rated suspension. plus loads of other bits to put on the shelves for spares.

So once again, Big thanks to Colin for coming down with me to pick the car up.

8)

garry h

Well worth the journey by the looks of it  ;D ;D ;D ;D

fullpint

;D I thought I saw that pic on facebook.. Shame the roof is gone. Just what you and Anna are looking for..

So Bri you sold a project and ended up with another one  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bulldog Bri

This one is a Mk3 so the roof wouldn't fit any way. But pretty much right on getting rid of one and getting another. Lol

8)

fullpint

I will start to understand the difference between the Mk1/2 & 3's.. I bet Anna is well pleased that she's gonna get an overdrive box  8).
So a little early to ask but what colour will the Mk3 be? You have a white one and blue!! Got to be Red. Red/White and Blue, Union jack colour, fitting for a Bulldog(s). ;)

Bulldog Bri

Afraid not Steve, the car itself is going to be cut in half as it has not paperwork and to IVA it, put a new soft top on it and to finish building it would not worth doing. so the car is going to be cut in half at the back of the doors and the rear half to become a touring trailer, the rest of the car will be shelved as spares.  ::)

FYI. The Mk2 has smaller doors to the Mk3 as there were complaints to Pilgrim at the time about people banging their knee's on the dashboard part that overhang the door area. plus they also incorporated a fully usable bonnet locking system ;D

8)

Hairy Santa

Moleman

You are welcome Bri.  :)
Did they take the other one away ok in the end?  :)

Bulldog Bri

>:( Nope, still problems with bank transfers. So he's now picking up in a few of weeks.  ::)

8)

Bulldog Bri

Found this amongst the paperwork. Looks interesting.

And that's just the engine. :P

8)

fullpint

:o and that was 25 years ago... A lot of money spent on the engine then.. Has is done many miles since that rebuild?

Bulldog Bri

fullpint

8) Bloody good buy then mate. Which one of you is having the engine transplant then?

Bulldog Bri

YellaBelly

Bloody hell Bri! Do you do the lottery? If not, then maybe you should start mate, talk about landing on your feet :)

So when are you selling the Locost then Bri? I doubt it's going to get finished lol! ;)

Hairy Santa

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: YellaBelly on 27, October, 2013, 06:17:33 PM
Bloody hell Bri! Do you do the lottery? If not, then maybe you should start mate, talk about landing on your feet :)

So when are you selling the Locost then Bri? I doubt it's going to get finished lol! ;)
I do, do the Lotto and win bugger all, >:( suppose this is where my luck is going. Lol. ::)

Nope, never selling the locost. :o This car is being stripped down for parts for the others. ;D

8)

Daley Down Under

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 27, October, 2013, 01:53:42 PM
Found this amongst the paperwork. Looks interesting.

And that's just the engine. :P

8)

Cracking find Bri

Lucky Ed

Nice one Bri, just think of all that power 8)

Bulldog Bri

Got a set of twin SU's and spent some time cleaning them but they are looking great now.  ;D

And now that the Merlin has gone and I've got some space to work, I can get the car stripped down and ready for transplanting it into my Bulldog.  :D
8)

Quarrycars

Classic carbs - they bring back memories :)

Bulldog Bri

Strip down started

Cutting the front wings off, for spares

All gone

Just for laughs

Engine easy accessed now

All out, Engine for me, Overdrive gearbox for Anna

8)

'The Gaffer'

I respect your dedication to dirty hands Bri  ;)

Moleman

Nice one. Are you still going to make a trailor from the back of it mate?  :)

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Moleman on 05, January, 2014, 08:01:11 PM
Nice one. Are you still going to make a trailor from the back of it mate?  :)

Yup ;D

8)