News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Greetings from a Newbie with a Ginetta

Started by Chlorate, 20, February, 2015, 03:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chlorate

Hello hello,

So my name is Alex and for quite some time I've been wanting to have a car project to spend all my money on muck around, and really have some fun with.

After a bit of umming, arring, and head scratching I was pointed in the direction of a practically untouched Ginetta G27 Mk.3 kit on eBay and just had to have it.

Apparently this car spent its early life as a display model splayed out in a Ginetta dealership; and when it was bought it was left in a barn until its wheels were bolted on to be sold to me.

So it's up to me to get her on the road.

For now it's a game of getting her working and through the IVA, then the long-play is to rework whatever I fancy reworking and trying to get some real performance out of it.

Should be nice to get to know this forum, I'm sure there's a lot to be learned along the way.

Moleman

Hi & welcome to the club. Feel free to post pictures of your project & your welcome to come to any of our events to say hi & get some idea's on your build.   :)

Chlorate

Here she is:

It does have wheels on but there's an awful lot to be done  :D

garry h

Hi and welcome to the club.
You will certainly get plenty of help and idears from all the members  :)

Lucky Ed

Hi Alex, welcome to the madhouse ;D

Keep us posted on your progress, the car looks good on the photo, but I'm sure there's plenty of surprises lurking if it's been stood idle for a long time. Where are you based?

Good luck 8)

'The Gaffer'

Hi and a warm welcome to our club. Keep us up to date on your build and as mentioned, where are you?

Iancider

Hi and welcome from me,

Its going to be a great project - good luck with it.
Ian

Bulldog Bri

Welcome to the club Alex. Good luck with the build. I would think the Ginetta should be fairly easy to get through an IVA as the body should be well rounded. Other than that kept all bits tidy keep it simple, follow the rules and she'll fly through.

8)

Chlorate

I'm based in Calne just outside Chippenham.

Her chassis is in perfect condition, the body is a bit scuffed and the suspension joints and bearings will want changing due to age but other than that it's a clean canvas.

At the moment I'm working on cobbling together a 1.8 Zetec lump to power her for now, the seller included an old Formula Ford head and ECU with it so hopefully we'll get an easy 130 horsies  :)

CC Cyclone

Hi, I have built a g27 a g20 and a one - off g20GTC coupe car in the past, all were SVA'd without issues. Happy to help if you need anything.

James.