News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

hi everyone i am straight6dave

Started by straight6dave, 26, July, 2015, 12:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

straight6dave

I have just joined this forum and i must admit i did not know there was a kit car club in Bristol. So i am pleasantly pleased that there are like minded people in my area, i am in south bristol, that i can share my thoughts perhaps knowledge and at times gain information from. I have been around kit cars since the late 70s when i built a jago geep i also built a ginetta grs which was a sort of estate car based on a humber sceptre, and have recently inherited a lomax which my dad made when he was almost 70 years of age, i also have a part built husky if anyone knows what that is, and i have all the rolling chassis parts to build a miglia which is planned for my retirement. Hope to meet you at saltford some time in the summer all the best for now. Dave.

Facial Hair Optional

Welcome Dave, another member with lots of knowledge by the sounds of it! Cool, we can always use more experience.

As well as Saltford don't forget the 2nd Sunday each month morning meets in Queens Square! We are supposed to be at Castle Combe today but in this appalling weather I doubt most of us will make it though there should be lots of 'normal' cars there!   ;D

'Mendip Wurzel'

Hi Dave
I also have a Lomax. There is a really big following of Lomax owners around the Bristol area, and they are a very adventurous bunch in terms of their travels.  They kept it fairly local last year and only did Croatia, in years gone by the have done things like the USA 'coast to coast' which obviously including shipping the Lomax car to the US.

I also live south Bristol (by Bristol Airport)

Kevin 

Moleman

Hi welcome to the club. Blimey you are the 3rd person to join the mad house today it must be this crappy weather keeping us all in for the day.  ;D
Can't wait to see you at one of our events so feel free to put your name down to any of our events we have going on.  8)

garry h

sanzomat

Hi and welcome. You will find this a very friendly club and there is plenty going on. The weather is no excuse (unless you want it to be!) there was a Morgan 3 wheeler at Combe today - a modern one, 11 reg, but no roof and only aeroscreens. If he can do it then the Lomax can too! I have to say that if my car didn't have a roof or windscreen I would have stayed home today though - enough years getting soaked through on motorbikes!!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 26, July, 2015, 03:39:32 PM
Hi and welcome. You will find this a very friendly club and there is plenty going on. The weather is no excuse (unless you want it to be!) there was a Morgan 3 wheeler at Combe today - a modern one, 11 reg, but no roof and only aeroscreens. If he can do it then the Lomax can too! I have to say that if my car didn't have a roof or windscreen I would have stayed home today though - enough years getting soaked through on motorbikes!!

Sanzomat, were you at Combe today?? I spotted the little red GTM I have seen at Queens Sq, M115 TAB, was that you?

I got there but in a different non-kit car.

There was one guy who braved it in a Ninja-engined Tiger 6, alll the way from Gloucester area I think, brought the car was on a trailer (sensible idea).

I hope to post a pic soon.

sanzomat

Yep, that was me. Better not hijack Straight6dave's thread though!

Bulldog Bri

'The Gaffer'

Hi and a warm welcome to our club, hope to catch up one day :)

Iancider

Hello and welcome,

Statistically with that list we should have met before!

Looking forward to meeting you
Ian