AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hi, is there a group/team building a kit car?

Started by jameslb101, 24, October, 2009, 03:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jameslb101

Hi,

My name's James and I'm currently in Year 12 at QEH in Bristol. I really want to study mechanical or automotive engineering at uni as I'm mad on cars, so would love to build a kit car in order to gain experience (and look good on the old personal statement/CV). I was wondering if anyone knows of a group who builds one together or anyone who needs help, as I can't afford a kit myself, don't have a garage or the know-how.

Regards

James

Bulldog Bri

Hiya James

You may know my good freind Rob Finch. He's one of the tech team at your school.

I'm afriad I'm not aware of any groups that build cars, though I have known groups at schools getting together and building as a school project.

8)

'The Gaffer'

A warm welcome to the club.

I dont know of any group teams as such, but maybe someone building may come along and offer you the chance to help.

Any builders like to help James?

Richard

Welcome.

Interesting idea that may be done in some colleges. I've heard of a couple of people doing a joint build but don't know of any teams.

I think with your ambitions and interest you will be building as soon as you can, time to pursaude a few relatives.