Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

CKC/OMEX Track Day Llandow 14th May 2016

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 05, November, 2015, 11:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Facial Hair Optional

You missed me off Colin! I booked and paid way back at the end of November!

Here's how the list should look  ;D ;D ;D

So people going so far = Jmad
                                    Iancider
                                    Crash test dummy
                                    Moleman
                                    sanzomat
                                    FHO
                                    Mr Tone
                                    Welshy1
                                    Jagodo

Moleman

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 06, January, 2016, 08:43:05 PM
Sorry mate.  ::)

I'm easy to miss Colin after all I am only small!!! (I have a great imagination too)  ;D

Iancider

At the start of the day I will be running 888's and at the end of the day they will be slicks!

mikebishop

Hi,

just book this trackday,

can't wait for the spring, something to look forward too....

Moleman

That's what I like to see. A list of attendees which is just getting bigger & bigger.
                                    Iancider
                                    Crash test dummy
                                    Moleman
                                    sanzomat
                                    FHO
                                    Mr Tone
                                    Welshy1
                                    Jagodo
                                    mikebishop.

Still room for more though.  8)

Iancider

If you are sitting on the fence this is a good little track and so much like Scalectrix when you do it!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Iancider on 08, January, 2016, 09:49:25 PM
If you are sitting on the fence this is a good little track and so much like Scalectrix when you do it!

It's against the rules to sit on a fence near the track Ian!  ;D

Ian I am shocked, a man of your era and experience making the classic name error!!!!

For years I used to say that wrong, took me donkeys years to be able to say Scalextric!!! In fact I'm still not sure I can say it!!!

Do we have to put little metal brushes on the underside of our cars? I loved the smell they made, yummy.

Iancider

Facial Hair Optional

Moleman

That's what I like to see. A list of attendees which is just getting bigger & bigger.
                                    Iancider
                                    Crash test dummy
                                    Moleman
                                    sanzomat
                                    FHO
                                    Mr Tone
                                    Welshy1
                                    Jagodo
                                    mikebishop.

This is still a good track day for just kit cars so if you haven't entered it yet then you will kick yourself if you miss this one.

paintman

I am really tempted if I can get the temperature down finally and get a trailer sourced.

Dixie would also be interested......but can he get away with a Cobra on a track day and we would all have
to promises to give it a wide birth........£30 odd thousand up the swanney if he prangs it!!!! :o ;D

Iancider

Paintman,

Llandow is a good place to find out about noise limits - it is a generous 105 dB.  That extra 5 db means nearly 4 times the noise energy over Castle Combe.  If Dixie wants a pre-test of noise level then I have a sound level meter too.

Llandow is a Go-kart track for kit cars and the perfect place to practice.  It is only 0.9mls around and it is constant activity.  It is all kit cars so it is pretty respectful and safe.  I used to worry about pranging my car but now I just focus on not coming off - so far pretty successfully!

Ian

Moleman

Go on Paintman go for it you will love it. Driving your car on a circuit is so different to a public road. You can really push your car & driving skills to a different level in a much safer environment. There will be plenty of us to give you advice & show you the ropes if you want it. You are welcome to jump in with me to see the lines & I will be happy to sit in with you if you want some pointers.
If your worried about pranging your car you can take out track insurance for the day.  :)

Iancider

Moleman,

Add Flipper to the list - he never posts so I am acting as his secretary.  He is just about to book.

Moleman

Iancider
                                    Crash test dummy
                                    Moleman
                                    sanzomat
                                    FHO
                                    Mr Tone
                                    Welshy1
                                    Jagodo
                                    mikebishop.
                                    Flipper

This is still a good track day for just kit cars so if you haven't entered it yet then you will kick yourself if you miss this one.

alastair

Pop my name down colin. I booked place today. I think there may well be spaces left still. ;D

Moleman

About time you got it back on track mate.  8)

hat's what I like to see. A list of attendees which is just getting bigger & bigger.
                                    Iancider
                                    Crash test dummy
                                    Moleman
                                    sanzomat
                                    FHO
                                    Mr Tone
                                    Welshy1
                                    Jagodo
                                    mikebishop.
                                    Flipper
                                    Alastair
                                    Crisiswolf (Reserve list as it is now full)
Come on people it's a lovely little circuit if you haven't done one before.  :)

CrisisWolf

Now fully booked! I just tried to book as the car is back and alive from the garage now with a clean bit of health.

Moleman

CrisisWolf

Moleman

Oh sorry misread it. Hopefully you will be on it.  :)

welshy1

Well after a shocking weekend where I could have easily put a match to the car this may well be another shake down test.

Map is being put back to factory/ wideband/afr set up including gauges along with boost gauge, drain the fresh oil which has a shit load of petrol in it get it over to mtech and on the there dyno and run it in again sometimes I do wish I kept n/a but oh well no going back now.

Get some money in now next couple of weeks then back on to it.

Iancider

Welshy - sorry to hear about you plight. 

I suppose if we owned tin-tops we could blame the garage! 

Good luck with it and keep talking - a problem shard is a problem halved!

Ian

welshy1

Quote from: Iancider on 04, April, 2016, 07:28:18 PM
Welshy - sorry to hear about you plight. 

I suppose if we owned tin-tops we could blame the garage! 

Good luck with it and keep talking - a problem shard is a problem halved!

Ian

Well I be back with it better than before the new nankang ar1 track tyres turned up today which give me a boost tbf. Back to work now tomorrow after a week of so best to get earning some money to pay for the next lot of parts needed for the car and a dyno run.

sanzomat

I'm sure you'll get it sorted before too long. I guess set backs are part of the game. I hope the new tyres grip as good as they look.

welshy1

Quote from: sanzomat on 04, April, 2016, 08:00:05 PM
I'm sure you'll get it sorted before too long. I guess set backs are part of the game. I hope the new tyres grip as good as they look.

Yea I found the issue just need the money to sort it so a few weeks to gain some funds then getting it sorted end of month ready for llandow then the 2nd rd of the sprint series.

Facial Hair Optional

Agreed. You don't sound like someone who gives up easily so you'll get there in time and then it'll all be big smiles out on the road with the wind in your hair. Do you still have any left after the stress??  ;D

welshy1

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 04, April, 2016, 10:19:02 PM

Agreed. You don't sound like someone who gives up easily so you'll get there in time and then it'll all be big smiles out on the road with the wind in your hair. Do you still have any left after the stress??  ;D

With me only being 23 I have lots of hair all though a lot of it is starting to go grey lol.

Iancider

QuoteWell I be back with it better than before the new nankang ar1 track tyres turned up today which give me a boost tbf. Back to work now tomorrow after a week of so best to get earning some money to pay for the next lot of parts needed for the car and a dyno run.

That's the spirit!  8)

welshy1

Well after a good busy april loads of moneys earned so afr gauge and wideband is set up, oil and filter replaced, boost gauge to be installed and is going to mtech next Monday for dyno run so all should be good to go for this event.
Also need to fit the ar1 to my spare set of alloys at some point.

Iancider

Looking forward to seeing you on-track

Ian

welshy1

Well got the car to the dyno Monday cant praise matt thorne at mtech enough got the car running pretty much spot on cant do much more as the turbo aint the best but at 6psi of boost running 190bhp. Also got the new ar1 nankang fitted.
Car is all loaded on the trailer just got to get spare fuel and all ready to go. Hopefully I can run a full day without issues.

alastair

I know it's ninth hour but does anyone want to, or know someone who wants to do Llandow track day on saturda? I can't make it and im trying to fill my place.