News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Fullpints Mk Indy Replacement..

Started by fullpint, 09, July, 2016, 01:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

Ok fellow members here it is..
Toniq r900..

Vindicator

Very, very nice....would never have guessed that.....so what's the story behind it?

Vindicator

Is going to be a case of 'grin and toniq' when you drive it? :D

fullpint

The story.. Lets see what The Gaffer has to say hehehehehe

Vindicator

Ok, think I get the picture....well before my time though!!

'The Gaffer'

What????!!!!! I'm stunned and shocked but smiling very much too :o 8)

This was my first ever kit car. Chassis number 1, the car that set the Toniq stage alight, the car that inspired me to get involved with the kit car scene. The car that meant the beginning of the BKCC.

Steve, you have really pulled the rabbit out of the hat with this one mate ;D

Would love to catch up with it again one day.

Hope you have as much fun in it as I had 8)

fullpint

At the time Phil I never knew.. Steve FHO as you know has been sending me links.. I however came across this Toniq. FHO done a little search on the forum and I think we were both STUNNED...
Kind of strange how life turns out.. I have read your post about this car and all the work you done and here it is :) Back to the BKCC.. Not been out in it yet.. Think a slight colour change on a few bits is needed :) :)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: fullpint on 09, July, 2016, 01:55:08 PM
At the time Phil I never knew.. Steve FHO as you know has been sending me links.. I however came across this Toniq. FHO done a little search on the forum and I think we were both STUNNED...
Kind of strange how life turns out.. I have read your post about this car and all the work you done and here it is :) Back to the BKCC.. Not been out in it yet.. Think a slight colour change on a few bits is needed :) :)

Thats great stuff Steve, what goes round comes round. Yes many a cold hour and £££s spent working on that car. Cant wait to see what you do to my old friend 8)

fullpint

I will be gentle Phil but I think people will know that it may end up as my mobile colour chart, like the Mk did :)
Will keep you posted on the up-date but most of all on its travels should you wish to come and see her again :)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: fullpint on 09, July, 2016, 01:26:09 PM
The story.. Lets see what The Gaffer has to say hehehehehe
Brilliant mate, glad it arrived ok and I can't wait to see what is in effect a famous BKCC car!!! The pictures look peachy Steve, looks very, very nice indeed mate. Well done on your new aquisition  8) 8)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 09, July, 2016, 01:34:16 PM
What????!!!!! I'm stunned and shocked but smiling very much too :o 8)

This was my first ever kit car. Chassis number 1, the car that set the Toniq stage alight, the car that inspired me to get involved with the kit car scene. The car that meant the beginning of the BKCC.

Steve, you have really pulled the rabbit out of the hat with this one mate ;D

Would love to catch up with it again one day.

Hope you have as much fun in it as I had 8)

Hahahahahahahaha!!! Nice one Phil, I knew that would make you grin from ear to ear!!!

Brilliant story eh!!!  ;D ;D

Facial Hair Optional

At last, now I don't have to keep schtum any more!!! (hard for me that was  :o :o ;D ;D ;D)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: fullpint on 09, July, 2016, 02:07:41 PM
I will be gentle Phil but I think people will know that it may end up as my mobile colour chart, like the Mk did :)
Will keep you posted on the up-date but most of all on its travels should you wish to come and see her again :)

Please bring her (him?) to a meeting soon Steve, after all this I can't wait to see the beastie. Great to have another BEC back in the fold too  8) 8) 8)

Facial Hair Optional

It's no surprise nobody guessed this correctly, it's almost too weird to be true really. Nice story though.

We seem to have lost the 'edit' function Phil, which just means my post count will go up even more  :P :P

benchmark51

Very nice indeed! Be careful though, with the sanatogen and yeast vite don't over do the toniq. ;D

fullpint

Not even taken her out yet haha, All wheels are off at the mo and sat in the Audi ready to be taken into work.. These will be ALL the same colour...
Close up the car has a fair few age related marks but these can all be sorted in time. Very happy with my blind purchase.
As for the story.. Well I still cant believe it my self... Will hopefully get to a meet VERY soon..

jmad

Very nice. I have never seen one in the flesh, but always thought it was a great design and really brought a fresh look to the seven format.

Vindicator

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 09, July, 2016, 03:54:57 PM
Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 09, July, 2016, 03:56:43 PM
At last, now I don't have to keep schtum any more!!! (hard for me that was  :o :o ;D ;D ;D)

Hahahahahahahaha!!! Nice one Phil, I knew that would make you grin from ear to ear!!!

Brilliant story eh!!!  ;D ;D

You fiend, that must have been agonising waiting for my reaction!! ;D

Quote from: Vindicator on 11, July, 2016, 12:37:13 PM
Is this your Toniq on Youtube?

That is the very same one that Steve has bought. It is missing its electronic quickshift and autoblip gear change buttons on the steering wheel from when I owned it but I like the paddles 8)

YellaBelly

Well ain't life a funny thing! Thought the Toniq had gone from the club for ever, and then Steve brings her back in to the fold :)

I remember it well Phil, and am sure Steve will do her justice ;)

fullpint

Buttons are on the steering wheel now Phil.. Currently its sat in my garage. Still yet to go out in her :)
Wheels have been refurbished :) Will get the tyres mounted tomorrow and also powder the mud guard stays :) Then it can go out for a spin.. Will leave the wishbones/springs/light for the winter months..
PHIL; How do these spray can lights come apart??

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 11, July, 2016, 12:48:11 PM

Indeed it was Phil, but worth the wait!!!!  :P

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: fullpint on 11, July, 2016, 05:56:50 PM
Buttons are on the steering wheel now Phil.. Currently its sat in my garage. Still yet to go out in her :)
Wheels have been refurbished :) Will get the tyres mounted tomorrow and also powder the mud guard stays :) Then it can go out for a spin.. Will leave the wishbones/springs/light for the winter months..
PHIL; How do these spray can lights come apart??

Spotted the buttons in your pics and the video that was posted but it looked like the guy driving was just using the paddles?

There used to be a red and green button, one upshifted the other downshifted with an engine blip. Both clutch-lessly once you were moving. I wondered if the car still did that?

The lights were a real B**ch. You might see some marks around the joins, you literally have to get a thin screwdriver between the halves and pry them apart. Fashion over function there I'm afraid.

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 11, July, 2016, 06:18:26 PM
Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 11, July, 2016, 12:48:11 PM

Indeed it was Phil, but worth the wait!!!!  :P

Indeed it was :P ;D

Brandy Barrel

Never seen one before but I agree the styling is fab. Can't wait to see it for real. I quite like the colour it's different from all the usual yellow or orange hues.

benchmark51

Spotted this today, looks interesting and right up your street!

benchmark51

Saw this today, looks interesting and right up your street!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191919724000?clk_rvr_id=1060609370631&rmvSB=true

couldn't edit so dunnit again

fullpint

I did see it pop up :) Different and I guess a usefull kit :) Sorry dear you cant come out cause Ive only one seat hahaha

Facial Hair Optional

I saw one of these for sale last year, they do have two seats! The passenger one is hidden under the rear cover. Cool but you know it will sound dissapointing as everyone will be expecting the howl of an F1 engine  :(

Facial Hair Optional

On second thoughts with a Kawasaki ZZR1400 @200bhp it'll sound bloody awesome enough any way!!!!!!!!!!!!

benchmark51

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 12, July, 2016, 06:00:32 PM
On second thoughts with a Kawasaki ZZR1400 @200bhp it'll sound bloody awesome enough any way!!!!!!!!!!!!

probably still have to 'gag' it to take it around the Coombe though :-X

Facial Hair Optional

fullpint

Cant be 100% sure but I reckon the Toniq could be below that 105db :)  Think I may take it out later today or tomorrow :) With its freshly coated wheels :) :)

nojjer

Great looking car!!, nice to see its come back into its original circle

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: fullpint on 13, July, 2016, 07:45:38 AM
Cant be 100% sure but I reckon the Toniq could be below that 105db :)  Think I may take it out later today or tomorrow :) With its freshly coated wheels :) :)
I've got sad news for you on that Steve, it needs to be below 100dB. I checked at Combe last time I was there, had a word with the sound test guys. 105dB only applies to bikes not BECs! I asked why and it's all to do with local council regs. Unfair I know but that is their ruling.

They do have so many 'loud' days a year where the limit can even be as high as 108dB but sadly it doesn't apply to kit car days, it's usually allocated to the Porsche days apparently.

So you'll have to quieten her down a fair bit if she is anywhere near 105 mate I'm afraid   :( :(

Got any pics of the new-look wheels mate???

benchmark51

Why not make an adapter that has a bolted flange and fit it to the end of the exhaust. Then an exhaust extension, with small silencer, that fits the adapter. Use it on track days, unbolt it when you return to the road. Really can't see why regular trackdayers don't do that.

fullpint

That's is totally unfair :( May be I will just remove two of the wheels then hahaha..

'The Gaffer'

Steve, I used one of these https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/merlin-mild-steel-racing-muffler-m-ex-muff-4

I believe you can even try before you buy as long as one of the testers are there on the day you intend purchasing. Make sure you get a good clamp though!!   

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 13, July, 2016, 10:40:43 AM
Why not make an adapter that has a bolted flange and fit it to the end of the exhaust. Then an exhaust extension, with small silencer, that fits the adapter. Use it on track days, unbolt it when you return to the road. Really can't see why regular trackdayers don't do that.
I know Merlin do bolt on silencer thingies for track days Dave, sounds a bit like that. Sadly they would not fit my Tiger exhaust when it failed the noise test as it had a rolled end to the pipe. I see The Gaffer has posted a link, no doubt to what I just described!!  ::)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: fullpint on 13, July, 2016, 11:10:26 AM
That's is totally unfair :( May be I will just remove two of the wheels then hahaha..
You may have to do what I have to mate and have 2 silencers, A right pain in the arse tbh swapping them just to do a track day. The track one actually sounds louder to me than the carbon road one on the ASBO but I am told it is not. They 'gave me' (their words) 100db at Combe last time due to the fact that most of the ASBO noise is engine noise not exhaust note.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 13, July, 2016, 01:09:28 PM
Steve, I used one of these https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/merlin-mild-steel-racing-muffler-m-ex-muff-4

I believe you can even try before you buy as long as one of the testers are there on the day you intend purchasing. Make sure you get a good clamp though!!
Yeah that's the jobby but it won't go over a rolled end be warned! I guess you's either have to cut off the rolled end or get one that fits inside the rolled end instead but it would have to be damned tight as you couldn't really clamp it unless you cut a slit in it and if it is not clamped they won't let you on track. I imagine getting hit in the head by one as you come over Avon Rise at 120+mph!!! Not nice.