News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

New to site

Started by SAV, 26, November, 2009, 07:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAV

Hi all, introducing myself as suggested.

OK, I'm the middle-aged bloke who has just bought a kit car because he fell in love with it at first sight but knows nowt about 'em!

It's a Tiger Cat Super Six (and I have no idea why it's called a 'super six') based on an 1800 Pinto engine. Picked it up last weekend, which of course was the wettest weekend for months, so only had time for a quick blast round the ring road between downpours.

Hoping to hear from anyone who knows more than me about the car/s (and that wouldn't be difficult) and just generally get to know some like-minded people.

Does anyone out there know this particular car (bought in Downend and previous keepers in Bristol)?

(Fortunately the missus approves and also intends to do her fair share of driving/aiming.)

[

gingerpaul

Hello and welcome!

Good work! Looks like you're enjoying it so far judging by the picture. Good move on getting one with wet weather gear too. They're ok in the wet but do watch your right foot.

'Mendip Wurzel'

Nice car and welcome to the club....
Kevin

YellaBelly

Hi SAV, and welcome to the site.

I may be wrong, but I thought all the tigers had cycle wings rather than clam shells, unless there was a model which did?

Someone will probably be along to put me in my place soon :D :)

JB

'The Gaffer'

A big warm welcome to our new member SAV.

SAV is the club's 100th Member ;D Whoo Hoooo 8)

Make yourself at home, maybe someone will come along with a little history or information on your car and I look forward to meeting you and your car when the sun comes back.

Quote from: SAV on 26, November, 2009, 07:51:13 PM
OK, I'm the middle-aged bloke who has just bought a kit car because he fell in love with it at first sight but knows nowt about 'em!
I dont think you will be the only one ;)

SAV

Quote from: YellaBelly on 26, November, 2009, 08:38:17 PM
Hi SAV, and welcome to the site.

I may be wrong, but I thought all the tigers had cycle wings rather than clam shells, unless there was a model which did?

Someone will probably be along to put me in my place soon :D :)

JB
Interesting point straight off JB and well spotted. All the websites that I've visited and the bit of paperwork which I've received with the car show cycle wings. I didn't know the terminology (for the wing types) but I had spotted the difference in the wings. As you say - perhaps someone out there knows why?

'The Gaffer'

A little info from the East Anglian Tiger Owners Club...

Super Six

The Super Six was Tiger's first model and remained in production until the first half of 2008 when a shortage of some of the donor parts forced it out of production.

The car was based on a mixture of Ford and VW components with mostly Ford engines, examples have been produced with Crossflow, Pinto and Zetec powerplants.

Defining characteristics of the car are the upswept rear wheel arches and the distintive power bulge in the nose/bonnet which appears on a lot of the Tiger range. It is also the only Tiger to use a live axle configuration.

There was another rare variant called the SSI (Super Six Independent) which featured fully independent suspension most of these were exported to Japan in the early nineties but a few examples are in the UK.

Production    1989-2008
Chassis    1.5" Square Tube
Engine    Ford 4 cylinder Inline
Gearbox    Ford Types A-N
Rear Axle    Cortina MK4/5
Front Axle    VW Golf Mk2

Dangerous Bryan

Tiger Super Six, a great kit and in lotus colours too.
Welcome SAV, I've not been here long in fact I was gutted I didn't hang out to be the 100th member!

Look forward to the drive weather and a run or two...

Furore Phil

Have you checked out their web site ?

http://www.tigerracing.com/

I started building a tiger Avon, so I know a little about them. Tiger is a family run business up near cambridge. I think you could choose to have cycle or clamshell wings on your car.

Lots of thier cars around and there is a great owners web site if you need car specific help. (there is a link on the tiger site).

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Dangerous Bryan on 26, November, 2009, 09:50:37 PM
Welcome SAV, I've not been here long in fact I was gutted I didn't hang out to be the 100th member!

I knew you'd say that ;D Hey, were one big happy family here so it makes no odds :) Just me being melodramatic about a good club achievement considering we are less than a year old.

Bulldog Bri

David H

dave_bence

paintman

Hi there and welcome. .. see you when the sun shines again 8) 8)

Richard

Warm welcome  :D

Often a fun way to buy a car, keep grinning  ;D

Speedy J