+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

NEW MEMBER - Excellent club support

Started by AustinccoperS, 18, April, 2010, 02:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinccoperS

Hi Just wanted to say your organisors need a big pat on the back for a tremendous gathering at chedder. I wandered up in the S to see what happens and was blown away by the line up .  Needless to say all are invited to the MMIVF on Sunday 22/8/2010 . All info and video is on www.mmivf.co.uk. PS my S site for info http://austincoopers1967.wetpaint.com/

Greetings all.  We are new to your site so its appropriate ,as requested, to give you all some info about us . We live in Mark Somerset and have 2 Classic Austin Coopers , 1964 and 1967.

The 1964 car was purchased for £40 on 1971 and was laid up from 1978 till 2000 after which  it went through a full rebuild and went back on the road. It current has a 1300Gt , 648 cam and Weber 28/26 fitted . On completion we needed something else so the 1967 Mk1 Cooper S was purchased from Aberdeen ( PS it was being sold as a Mk2 but Heritage investigation  pre purchase said it was a late Mk1 !!) . It was raced in Aberdeen Motor club ( same club as Colin McCrea) in the 1980's ( I have the history and pictures ). The car was built for hill climbs and has no back seat . The engine went thorough a recent rebuild  with a 1293cc engine ,  with twin FZD dellortos , stage 3 head engine rebuilt by Hamlins Bridgwater ( excellent service ) .The car has neg camber all round adjustable front shocks and has bespoke wiring by Auto sparks.  All piping for brakes and fuel and the wiring are internal and its bumpy like hell.We are memebers of the BOS motor car and Mini Cooper register . I was very impressed with the Piston heads support in Cheddar and will come again - next time with a bit more polish on the car .

Hope you guys can help us in Mark with our local village events  - and look forward to seeing some of your vehicle again . Regards Austin Cooper S

AustinccoperS

A warm welcome to the club :) Your event is already on our calendar.

Although we really are a kit car club, there is a genuine fondness towards the Mini here, especially ones that have some history or clever modifications.

You are welcome to post a few pics of your cars and join us on a club meet or run anytime.

Cheers.

Phil.