News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

The Joys of Travel

Started by YellaBelly, 19, July, 2010, 04:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellaBelly

Well, not only do I seem to miss the majority of decent things going on in the UK because I'm always travelling. Our sector within the company received an email today to say that the Networks part of Motorola is being sold to Nokia Seimens!!

Just the sort of news you need when you're 1000's of miles away from home :(

Not sure yet of the repercussions, but according to the press release 7500 of the company are going to NSN. What we don't know is whether that includes our department here in the UK.

I guess we'll know soon enough. Ho Hum, best hurry up and get the car finished whilst I still have the cash :o

I suppose I should have put this in the "Did Anything Cheese You Off Today?" section, but what's the point in sulking?

Denzle

Life carrys on mate, try not to worry over it. Another door will open.

When you get to my age you wont give a **** about anything.   Only the car, of course.

YellaBelly

Thanks mate.

BTW, you never know, I might already be your age :)

JB

'The Gaffer'

Didnt you go through a similar thing last year JB? Good luck mate.

Denzle

Quote from: YellaBelly on 20, July, 2010, 12:40:47 PM
Thanks mate.

BTW, you never know, I might already be your age :)

JB

"Well" Ive got me bus pass, but what the heck do I want with that when I love cars.
Perhaps they are trying to tell me something.   Ive heard they are trying to get a few thousand of the roads.

Cameron told us he was stopping further Gatso cameras, but he didnt tell us they are going to install hidden radar ones instead.
There you go.  Im not worried. Its all sent to try us.   :D

YellaBelly

Quote from: G & Toniq on 20, July, 2010, 05:10:05 PM
Didnt you go through a similar thing last year JB? Good luck mate.

Yep!

Last year was Motorola laying more people off. This time it's Motorola selling us down the river I reckon :(

I really can't see Nokia Siemens taking on all 7500 that are supposedly moving from Motorola. But we will see....

Just to rub salt into the wounds, I get back from Manila on Sat 24th and I'm back out here teaching again on 2nd August!!

Sometimes I wonder why...

JB

WALNUT

Hi yellabelly. Are you married, If so what does your wife think of your job. If not, dont worry, I will not send you one of my famous lol.

Tony