News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Taking the car off the road??

Started by paintman, 06, September, 2010, 10:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paintman

I can't make up my mind whether to take the Hood of the road for the winter or not.  I would be interested to know how many of you are laying them up and when...... and how many are braving the winter in your cars. ::)

Tony

Hairy Santa

Quote from: paintman on 06, September, 2010, 10:05:47 PM
I can't make up my mind whether to take the Hood of the road for the winter or not.  I would be interested to know how many of you are laying them up and when...... and how many are braving the winter in your cars. ::)

Tony

Keep it on the road, you do get some cracking days and weekend during the winter - trust me, been there done it, you wont regret it   

'The Gaffer'

Yep, keep it on the road. As Pete says there can be some great days for driving during the winter.

You will kick yourself when you see them and can't go out and drive. Worth every penny spent on the road tax if you ask me. What other entertainment can you buy for the equivalent? (Ok thats not a real question ;))

WALNUT

Whats the sence in having a nice car like yours, if its parked up half the year. Wrap up warm and use it. We get some winter days that are better than some of our so called summer days.

Tony

mattsmev

Keep it on the road, I took my daughter for a blast on christmas morning last year, it was great

Daley Down Under

Couldn't agree more - all 12 months for me too.  Had a great trip out to Kemble Airfield late last year.  Zero degrees but not a cloud in the sky.

foggy

Unfortunetly mine will be off the road for at east 3 months, I am going to completly change it (or as far as I can  go with it). Otherwise I would keep it on the road through out the winter. Soon ever I have finished all the alterations, it will go back on the road.

'Mendip Wurzel'

I avoid the salty roads but other than that keep it on the road is my suggestion......

I may replace my cam in the winter at some time so I will be off the road for a short while.

paintman

Surely some off you do take them off the road.....can't see i'm going to get much use out of it in Nov-Feb?

I did lay it up last year......still can't decide.  Do we still have days out like summer .....it was pretty quiet on the forum if I remember right.

Tony

Bulldog Bri

Would like to take off the road for a few weeks just to get some jobs done, but have no room in the garage with all the other cars I'm working on and that it's my everyday car till the Scenic is fixed :'(

8)

paintman

Have you got a gearbox yet Bri?........ should be loads about.

Bulldog Bri

Nope got to wait for next credit card month  :( gonna get new as I wouldn't trust 2nd hand, my dad's Scenic did the same thing happen at around 45K miles I'm only on 65k miles could be a weak part.
I'm hoping it might only the clutch but can't be sure.

8)