+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

New member David Williams

Started by davidwilliams, 15, September, 2010, 11:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidwilliams

Hi my name is David Williams and live in penderyn aberdare on the edge of the brecon beacons. i have a robinhood s3 circa 98 bought it 3 years ago its the all stainless steel monoque construction, it was 95% built when i bougt it with no sva i have since striped it down replacing all the nuts and bolt with stainless steel its running a 2.0l pinto 205 block inj head and a pair of webber 45s, all the fiberglass bodywork is still wraped up, its beenoutside in drive under soft cover since purchase, its now going into my new workshop in an industrial unit near by, iv purchased a complete back suspension off a glsi sierra with disks(my current set up has drums) stripping it all down powder coating and polybush new disks pads and hoses, i have also picked up a high compression 202 block wich i belive is stronger than the 205 ( lower graded  cossi 200) with new pistons and all the bits to take it out to 2100 cc, also going to do some work on the head, as with most kit cars the list goes on, has anybody built one of these and are there any issuses on the legal side regards dave

peetee

Hi Dave and welcome! I built one of the very earliest Robin Hood S7's. It was an all stainless monocoque construction, but used Triumph Dolomite as the donor vehicle. I used a Dolly Sprint, but did lots to the engine and carbs etc and also found a rare original Dolly LSD to go in. It was very quick, and I even managed to retain the original registration. Don't think there are any legal issues? Ceratinly wasn't back then?! Cheers, Pete

dave_bence

'The Gaffer'

A warm welcome to the club Dave and thanks for the intro - good luck with the car. Perhaps a drive to one of our events once you are up and running :)

paintman

Hi Dave.  I've got an s7 with 2.0 Pinto and Dgav Weber........ stainless steel like yours.

There are quite a few in the club up to v8's so you won't be short on help and ideas. ;)

Tony

davidwilliams

;D Hi thanks all for the welcome  im starting to get exited now my car has been sitting outside for a few years and she,s now coming out of the cold for the winter and i hope to get her ready for easter next year, looking through this site its started to motivate me and get all the boxes of bits iv bought over the last few years (mainly new) and finish her off, i will come to llandow on sat as a spectator and hope to meet some of you i hope tony is going so i can see his s7  regards Dave 

'The Gaffer'

Its great we have inspired you Dave :)

Dont think Tony will be at Llandow, he should be as he would enjoy it ;)

davidwilliams

Never mind , im sure there will be lots to see, what time are you starting, also i will be going to the exeter show, wow on a roll now :)

paintman

I would love to but m.o.t. is out and i'm getting it tested Saturday......hope it passes.  ???

YellaBelly