News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Vindicator Sprint Mk4 Advice

Started by Quarrycars, 14, June, 2011, 10:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarrycars

I have been watching a part built Vindicator Sprint classified ad on ebay;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200609512927&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Does anyone know anything about these cars, is there room for a 6'2", size 12 feet person, what would it be worth compleated?

'The Gaffer'

Cant help you on that one sorry, how about a road ready car? we might see you on a run out this year ;)

David H

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here and I really don't intend to upset anyone but seriously..... for that money you can do better than a Vindicator.

I'm prepared to be shot down in flames here. Vindicators are comedy. I hope you have a sense of humour when you tell people what its called if you buy it.

There is now a target printed on my backside so take yr best shots

Dixie

I agree with Dave H,  if you're a big bloke buy a Lueago.  Pysom is 6 ft 4 ish, and isnt small, but fits in his with space to spare.

Mark

Quarrycars

Thanks guys, that is the info I needed, having been away from the UK kit car scene for 30 years I have a lot to catch up on.
I am looking for something to keep me busy for the summer and don't want to start a complete new build (probaly can't afford it anyway).

David H

good choice. This is a vindicator. Total plop.

Quarrycars

I guess the Sprint is Vindicator's 7 style car, as a matter of interest what are it's negatives?
Styling
Kit quality
Factory support
Suspension
Cabin space
All of the above??
Cheers, JT

paintman

I thought that this was the Vindicator you were on about!

Dixie

Think you're right Tony.

Orrible looking car.  But quite big and I believe quite good to drive.  But looks that only a mother could love.

M

David H

its only my opinion, obviously Vindicator sell a few cars so there must be a few people who like them.

Negatives.
They look awful, just my opinion.
I dont care how they drive as I know there is a better drive out there for similar money. Fact.
I really like being proud of the car I own, I would probably have to join a Vindicator club to have my Vindicator car genuinely appreciated (if I had one of course). I don't actually know anyone who LIKES them. Its not that I want to follow the crowd or even defend my choice of car if someone else doesn't like it but I'm not a massive fan of being laughed at for extended periods of time every time I go anywhere in my pride and joy.

On the plus side, they do 4 seater kit cars. Great for all the family.
They also do kit cars that look like a fuselage so if you want to play at flying actually on the road, you can.
They are very unique and really do look like a kit car.
I have heard the customer support is excellent

Get a Luego or a Westy with a deep floor pan or another. Bobpuk drives a Westy and he is very tall.

Psymon

6'6 in my Luego viento and still loads of room, great car but not in production anymore as luego have almost ceased trading for now. i think only 70 ish have made it onto the road so getting one you like might be hard but worth it, i have a website up with details of my viento that might be of use. www.mayhemz.co.uk enjoy.

Simon.

Quarrycars

Again, great info.  To be honest, with the exeption of the Toniq, all 7 style cars look alike to me.  Just thought that the unfinished kit would be an interesting challenge but if the completed car is a dog...not worth it.  Thanks, John T