Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Welding Course

Started by TimC, 29, August, 2011, 09:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimC

Happy Bank Holiday All,

I've decided to take an 'introduction to welding' course so I can be a bit more self sufficient.  I live near Wotton-Under-Edge and work in Melksham, so North Bristol to Chippenham is a reasonable catchment area.  Wilts College is all booked up and I'll be calling City of Bristol in the morning but I wondered if there were any other known alternatives?

I'd also be prepared to travel further afield for an intensive course over a weekend.

Any ideas?

Ta

'The Gaffer'

Tim, Google this phrase 'Bristol Welding And Joining Courses Training'  For some reason the site wont link - It shows all local courses via Bristol Floodlight. City of Bristol College is pretty dominant.   

Any body else working today? I am :(

Grin-a-lot

Last day of leave for me, fly back up to Glasgow tonight so trying not to think about it!

YellaBelly

Not sure if anyone else would be interested, but if there are 4 or more my Wife is the training co-ordinator for North Wilts Training. They deal with allsorts of training as required by law for farms etc. Anything from birthing cattle to driving tractors and even welding.

As I said, I think the minimum would be 4, the instructor charges for the day, so the more people, the cheaper the course per head.

Hope I'm not overstepping the mark Phil? ;)

John

'The Gaffer'

Not at all JB, I'd be interested in the birthing cattle course, anybody like to join me ;D

Seriously, good call mate.

TimC

In case anyone else is interested, the other option that I'm looking at is spending two days with Martin Keenan (previously of MK Sportscars, now of MK Engineering.)  He's confident that he can get me to a level where I could weld-up my own chassis (not desired or intended) by the end of the second day.

It'd mean at least one overnight Ooop Norf but may well be the route I take.

TC

paintman

What i did was by an old Alfasud that needed lots of welding ..... wheel arches, front and back skirts, sills, corners and floor pan!!!  By the time i had  finished i was pretty good with a welder!!.......can't beat practice. ;) ;)

Tony

'The Gaffer'

I'd really like to learn one day.

Maybe if there is enough interest we can do a group buy with a local expert???

stupott901

Yeah I be interested as I been thinking of going to night school at west wilts college and do the course there held at lacock college

Stu

YellaBelly

The missus said the guy who I did the course with has over 20 years of experience with allsorts of welding so if anyone is interested I can find out what, when and how much? (and no, she doesn't get commission :) )

JB

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: YellaBelly on 01, September, 2011, 10:04:31 AM
The missus said the guy who I did the course with has over 20 years of experience with allsorts of welding so if anyone is interested I can find out what, when and how much? (and no, she doesn't get commission :) )

JB

I'd be interested

YellaBelly

OK Phil, I'll see what the costs are etc.

JB

TimC

Just to confirm that I have agreed to go up to Rotherham next month for my training so won't be doing anything more local.

Now to find a really good MIG for less than three-hundred notes...