News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

siezed Pinto engine

Started by Martin Higgs, 10, August, 2009, 07:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Higgs

:(
Hello Everyone this is my first posting after reading about the club in the evening post i thought i would sign up so here i am i was looking forward to meeting up at the next meeting but unfortunatly i suffered a sudden drop in oil pressure yesterday and siezed the engine, i was wondering if anyone out there has any details of a good place to go for some help .

Richard

Welcome Martin, real shame about the circumstances.

Guess you spotted the "press" version of the cars  ;)

Sorry I can't help on Pinto engines, someone will be along soon I'm sure.

Hope you'll be up and running soon and then we can see you in your car at a meet, but do feel free to come along in a road car anyway, some of us do given where we are in builds.

Enjoy your time in the club !

'The Gaffer'

Hi there Martin and a very warm welcome to you.

Sadly, I'm  not a great mechanic but wish you luck in sorting your engine.

Where are you and what car do you drive?

Look forward to seeing you soon.

Bulldog Bri

Hiya Martin. I'm Pleased to see the newspaper artical found you and you've decided to join us. Welcome aboard  ;D

What size pinto do you have, so we know which one to look out for 1.6 or 2.0 ?

Hope you get sorted soon.

8)

Bulldog Bri

Ok... I had a word with my boss at work, about your problem, who was a mechnic in his last job.

What he has suggested is:-
    1. It could be the distributer drive that has ceased, try and remove the distributer and check for movement there. :-\

2. Next if it's the cylinders that have got stuck get some parafin and fill the cylinders, this might break the ceasure. (how long he didn't say) ::)

3. Last and i hope it isn't. your Crank could be ceased to your big ends. If this is the case, it has been known (apparently) that quite simply they've welded themselfs together, so you'll need to replace the whole lot  ???

Hope this is some help

8)