News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hi From Weston

Started by prelude1980, 16, August, 2009, 07:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prelude1980

Hi all,

I've just found this forum so thought i'd join and say hi.

I have an orange Tiger Avon 2 litre Zetec, would love to say finished but still a work in progress although it is road legal

Bulldog Bri

Hello and welcome.

Hope you can make it over to some of the monthly meetings. Don't worry it's not a concorse event. Lol ;D

8)

prelude1980

Quote from: bulldog bri on 16, August, 2009, 07:28:56 PM
Hello and welcome.

Hope you can make it over to some of the monthly meetings. Don't worry it's not a concorse event. Lol ;D

8)

I'll certainly give it a go british summer time permitting

Speedy J

Dixie

Welcome.  We are a friendly bunch, although some do have an appitite for fried breakfasts, some can even  eat 2 in one sitting.

Wide variety of cars, so all types welcome.

As I have said before, we dont have any egos here, only petrol heads.

Hope to see you soon.  Mark

'The Gaffer'

Well said Mark.

A very warm welcome to the club prelude1980.

Please feel free to post some pics and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Phil.

Richard

Warm welcome !

Looking forwards to seeing you both or all !

I don't think many ever finish a car they just move on or progress a little slower  ;)

Mark of course doesn't eat any unhealthy breakfasts but does have a fussy tomato fetish  ;)

Hope to see you both soon and welcome.

dave_bence

David H

criddy

Hi Jonathan,
                   currently building an Avon from scratch using Jim Dudleys book. How did you find the bodywork as heard of lots of fitment problems with it? Where did you get those seats?, and have you any other tips to do or avoid during the build?

lightauto

YellaBelly

Welcome to the gathering of technical expertise that is the BKCC! Well, when I say expertise what I mean is....except for me that is :)

JB :D

prelude1980

Quote from: criddy on 02, March, 2010, 12:53:04 AM
Hi Jonathan,
                   currently building an Avon from scratch using Jim Dudleys book. How did you find the bodywork as heard of lots of fitment problems with it? Where did you get those seats?, and have you any other tips to do or avoid during the build?

Where to start, the seats came from JK Composites, i would say they are good value for money and very comfortable.

Tiger bodywork is a bit dubious but i like the styling, you'll probably have 1 wing wider than the other, and the bonnet won't fit very well although  i think i know how to fix that by moving the nose and bonnet forwards more before trimming the bonnet to length.

Are you doing the chassis yourself?

criddy

Yes I've completed the chassis, my current problem is connecting my unusual engine choice up with the ECU and ignition system. Not sure about the best way of doing this yet.....?

prelude1980

what engine, ECU system have you got?