Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

introduction

Started by Martin Higgs, 16, August, 2009, 08:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Higgs

Introduction

Hi this is only my second posting im new to the club but would like to say thanks to everyone who posted replies to my quiry about my siezed pinto engine.
I completed my Mk in april this year, as i am not a mechanic i went with old school technoligy a 2lt pinto engine with a webber down draft carb and points ingnition. i have only done 400 miles up untill last sunday when i suddenly lost oil pressure and the car stopped after further investigation the engine will turn ov. ???er but is very tight i have started to remove the engine from the car to check the crank so looks like i wont be back on the road this summer

'The Gaffer'

Hi again there Martin.

A real shame about your engine :'( Might just need a rebuild.

Look forward to meeting up, with or without your car.

Richard

Hi there and welcome !

Real pity about the engine, that does sound a little horrid !

Come along to a meet in a road car or get someone to pick you up, at least that way you can feel what your own passengers had been doing.

Welcome and hope to see you soon and your car a bit afterwards perhaps.

Martin Higgs

Thanks guys as i live in downend not to far to go to meet up at pub one evening look forward to seeing your cars at next meet

Bulldog Bri

Hi Mark. Great looking car there. just down the road from you in New Cheltenham. If you need a second pair of hands at any time give me a shout.

See you on the road soon.

8)

Martin Higgs

Thanks bulldog may take you up on that what car have you got not seen many kit cars around this area

Bulldog Bri

The clue is in my name to what car I have. Plus a second on the way  ;D check out my gallery pics...  ;)

8)

dave_bence

Hello and welcome Martin  :)