Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

The 3rd Battle of Britain living history show Taunton

Started by Graham Adlam, 26, June, 2013, 09:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'The Gaffer'

I'm hopefully heading down on the Saturday, looks like most will be doing Sunday and chances are I will bombing down the motorway. Interested to see what happens though.

Holding a convoy together on A roads from here to Taunton would be near impossible, A struggle I think even for our Bulldog Bri?

YellaBelly

Good point Phil, it might be a good idea to have 'rendezvous' points along the route so when the convoy gets split, it can re-meet there?

Just and idea, I am far from an expert when it comes to navigation :D ;)

Moleman

My car won't be ready as I cant take it up north until next week. so there will be only 4 cars going on the sunday so should be ok with going together if you want too?
what would you guys like to do & how would you like to pick up your tickets?
I could drop them round to one of you but I'm working up to about 8 every evening this week so if someone could come to mine that would help me out.
Please let me know very soon? thanks Colin. 

Pembly Mike

Hi Colin,
I will be coming down the A38 on Sunday. Could there be a meet up somewhere near Bridgewater or would it be best to meet up at the venue at an agreed time?
Cheers,
Mike.

Moleman

Hi mike. Is it the bridgewater area that you are coming from?

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Moleman on 27, August, 2013, 08:59:40 PM
My car won't be ready as I cant take it up north until next week. so there will be only 4 cars going on the sunday so should be ok with going together if you want too?
what would you guys like to do & how would you like to pick up your tickets?
I could drop them round to one of you but I'm working up to about 8 every evening this week so if someone could come to mine that would help me out.
Please let me know very soon? thanks Colin.

Are the tickets scannable and maybe email them? You may have to contact the organiser about that. Failing that I can pick mine up from you.

Moleman

Not sure what i'm doing just yet mate.  :)
You can pick yours up from me any evening this week mate. If im not in my girlfriend will be.  :)

Pembly Mike

Hi Colin,
I will be leaving from Portishead to A38 at Churchill.
Mike.

YellaBelly

Who is meeting where and when? Assuming the weather isn't garbage (doesn't look too promising :() I will be coming via Warmley and down the A4174 towards the A4.

@Colin, PM me your address and Postcode and I can collect the tickets if necessary.

Moleman

I guess you guys will be going down the A38 on sunday? Do you 3 guys want to meet up & head down together or just meet up down there? Can you let me know as I will need one of you to take down Pembly mikes car pass for him please?

You guys could meet up at the Lockside Cafe in the morning & from there haed down the A38 then hopefully meet up with mike on the way?
what do you think? If so then I can drop off the car passes to one of you guys before sunday?
Please let me know what you think Colin.

WALNUT

Pembly Mike

How about we meet at The Admiral's Table Inn just south of Dunball roundabout on A38. One minute from Junction 23 of M5? Is 11.00 am a good time to meet? Then convoy to B of B show.
Hope this is good for us all.
Cheers,
Mike.

YellaBelly

Sounds OK with me.

@Colin, not sure where the Lockside is, but if it's where I found on the map it would be easier for me to meet the Bristol crowd (all be it small :) ) on the A38 somewhere otherwise I will be going back on myself. I will be coming on the A4 Bath road.

I'm guessing about 10am or just after if we are going to meet Mike at Dunball?

Any suggestions?

WALNUT

the lay by on bedminster, right hand side by toilets, just after the lights. 10 0
               I mean bedminster down.

YellaBelly

Meeting at the toilets :o Who do you think I am, George Michael?? :D

You'll have to bear with me Tony, I don't know the area that well. Can you pinpoint it on Google Maps mate? :)

WALNUT

Sorry George, perhaps someone can do that for us. I m not that good with comp.

YellaBelly

:D

Is it on Bedminster Rd or Bedminster Down Rd? I might be able to see it on the satellite view

WALNUT

As you come out of Bedminster, up over the hill through the lights, on the A38 Its on your right a few hundred yards past the lights, thats Bedminster down.

Bulldog Bri

Just thought I'd help here. A38 heading out of town, towards the airport. satnav BS13 7AQ will get you on the right road.  ;D

8)

WALNUT

YellaBelly

Thanks Bri :D

All being well I'll see you there Tony, assuming it's not P-ing down of course :)

WALNUT

I think Pete (santa) is going to this one.
                                            Walnut

Moleman

Thanks Bri.  :) That saves me doing it now i'm home. That wasn't where I was meaning but that is just as good.  :D
I have 2 passes for Pete so he can choose which car he want's to take.

So what do you guys want to do about picking up your passes? I'm home about 7pm tomorrow so I can either meet up with someone tomorrow eve after 8pm? or there will be some at my house from 3pm if you want to pick them up sooner?

Or Saturday evening I can meet up with someone? Or someone can pop over to mine sunday morning on your way?

What do you think?

Hairy Santa

Sorry Colin going to have miss this one, I do thank you for the graft you have put in 

got the start of a stinking cold at the moment and think its gonna get some what worse  >:(

so if anyone else could use the tickets speak to Colin

have fun

YellaBelly

Must have been that semi-naked romp around for the ladies on Monday mate ;) :D

Get well soon ;)

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Moleman on 29, August, 2013, 08:41:28 PM
Thanks Bri.  :) That saves me doing it now i'm home. That wasn't where I was meaning but that is just as good.  :D

It was where Tony suggested, and we've used that stop a few times FOR STARTING A CONVOY!! (before any other rumours start).  ;D

8)

garry h

Hi guys,well spartan went for mot this afternoon and failed, :( :( :( >:( >:( >:(.
How P---ED off am I.
Windscreen wiper travel too short,emissions a bit high,indicators too slow and lights decided not to play ball,wiring always was a bit of an issue.
On the plus side he did comment how nice it looked,probably trying to soften the blow I think, and gave me two weeks to take it back for a free retest  :) :).

So wont be over this weekend hopefully next time.
Thanks Colin for the ticket will keep it as a reminder of what nearly was!!!!!!!!!

Moleman

No probs Pete, hope you are well soon. Wallnut has your carpasses if you are well enough mate  :)
sorry to hear this Gary. Hope it's fixed very soon?  :)

Wallnut has got the car passes for everyone who is meeting up on the sunday. Hope you guys have a good day & the weather will be great.  ;D 

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: garry h on 30, August, 2013, 07:30:45 PM
Hi guys,well spartan went for mot this afternoon and failed, :( :( :( >:( >:( >:(.
How P---ED off am I.
Windscreen wiper travel too short,emissions a bit high,indicators too slow and lights decided not to play ball,wiring always was a bit of an issue.
On the plus side he did comment how nice it looked,probably trying to soften the blow I think, and gave me two weeks to take it back for a free retest  :) :).

So wont be over this weekend hopefully next time.
Thanks Colin for the ticket will keep it as a reminder of what nearly was!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like an over picky tester, >:( it's not an IVA! Wipers and indicators, as long as they move and work shouldn't have been an issue as surely the cars has been through other MoT's!

8)

Sumov8

Bad luck Pete, you know what they say about Try Try and then Try again.

Once its on the road you will grin and realise it was worth it.

Look forward to seeing it on the main land

Steve :)

garry h

Thanks guys I thought picky to but they hold the piece of paper I need so they know best :P :P :P :P.
Managed to spend  some time on it today got new flasher unit fitted and wipers adjusted so should be ok next time  :) :) :)
:).
Ordered some smaller jets so should be ready for re inspection next week.
Hope you all have good weekend and the sun continues to shine  :) :)

YellaBelly

Quote from: Pembly Mike on 28, August, 2013, 09:46:01 PM
How about we meet at The Admiral's Table Inn just south of Dunball roundabout on A38. One minute from Junction 23 of M5? Is 11.00 am a good time to meet? Then convoy to B of B show.
Hope this is good for us all.
Cheers,
Mike.

You still OK for the meet enroute Mike?

I'm meeting Tony (Wallnut) at 10 so we should be with you on time - all being well :)

BTW, what car are you in? :)

WALNUT

Santa, said he might meet us if he is feeling a bit better.
                                                                              Walnut

YellaBelly

Pembly Mike

Thanks for the messages, I will be in the Pembleton 3 wheeler same as last Sunday, I hope the aluminium bodywork is shining in the morning sun.
Looking forward to the meet.
Cheers,
Mike.

WALNUT

John and his son, Pembly Mike, and myself, joined the other car that was there, making 4 cars at the show. but it was a nice drive there and back.
                                                                                     Walnut

YellaBelly

Yep, and the weather was kind too :D

Longest run the Locost has had too, around 150miles today. Car behaved well, I have a new charging issue but she kept going so pretty pleased.

Shame there weren't a few more but there were so many different shows going on today so that didn't help.

@Tony, glad the car didn't overheat chap, good run out topday :D

Moleman

Glad it went ok guys. I should be running very soon.  ;D

WALNUT

Glad to hear that Colin, I miss that little wasp out in front.
                                                                              Walnut

YellaBelly

Yup, and it will be waaaaaaayyyyy out in front when the new engine is sorted ;)