News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

2014 suggestions wanted

Started by Moleman, 19, November, 2013, 09:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moleman

In January i will do a list of all the suggestions & see which of these are really popular? Then get the ball rolling to start making some of these happen. so anything you think we haven't covered please put them down here?  :)

Moleman

I will be putting all these suggestions in categories over the next few weekends, From what to do on our evening meets, day trips, other things to do, longweekends to trips abroad etc. So feed back will be appreciated,  good or bad.

I know one that keeps coming up is some runs out along some of those lovely roads in Wales. While I was looking at these suggestions we had I'm exsploring my real welshness with Griff Rhys Jones.

Its abit further than I'd hoped for but he went down this Zip wire in some Quarry. It is 5hrs away or 4 on the motorway, this one may have to go under the weekend outings?

This is it, What do you think? who would like to do this? click on the video on the link to see it in action. Shame it was foggy when they did it.

http://www.zipworld.co.uk/      8)

'The Gaffer'

I'd have a go on the zip wire for sure ;D

Sprint 7

Hi Colin, 4 hrs on the motorway in the "7" would probably loosen all my fillings and make me STONE DEAF,    I SAID     STONE DEAF!!!!!
Have to think about that one.  :-\ :-\ :-\

Iancider

I like the idea of events at the end of a good ride and especially that we fill the winter months.  Bowls and skittles appeal for the winter months and adding to Moleman's suggestion there is the largest zip-wire in the UK near Snowdon - very high and very long where you are flown in a harness suit face-down at up to 100mph! Not for the faint hearted!

Ian

Moleman

Just to say I'm working on some of the weekend trips first then I will look at the day trips after that?

I'm still undecided on how to go forward on making our evening meets more appealing to more people so any help on that would be good.
so far we have bowling, skittles, curry nights, pub quiz nights & share other hobbies club talks of some kind?

Any thoughts guys? ;D

Iancider

Yep, all of those.  If we can make pub nights girl friendly in the winter months they might drive the Beer appreciation society members home.  Quiz nights are good - we have a theme.  Skittles would be good.  Curry nights are good but tend to be a bit blokey.  A Darts championship perhaps.  More go-karting.  Get together to actually plan some events.  A club Barbie in the summer evenings.  Karaoke night.  Old Duke for a trad-jazz night....

YellaBelly

Quote from: Iancider on 14, January, 2014, 11:47:29 PM
.....A club Barbie in the summer evenings.....

Best make sure Barbie is up for it, and everyone's missus agrees too ;) :D

Iancider

Well Yellabelly you might have a point....

ODE to Barbie

In the summer months our Barbie really sizzles
Some say she's super- hot
All meat and no potatas
She's got the lot
With an outsize Bar and lovely vittles'
Spice and naughty saucey
Her good firm legs
And a hot shiny body
She's built for your enjoyment!
When covered-up she really smokes
And topless - she's on fire!