News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

What goodies did you get from Santa

Started by peterw, 25, December, 2013, 06:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterw

Two tickets to the Goodwood Festival of Speed.........Result ;D ;D ;D

Krazyken

Lots of Enerry Bars for my cycling but for my birthday also in Dec

2 Tickets to the 2014nBTCC finale in the Brabham Suite at Brands Hatch!!! :D :D :D

Moleman

I'm still waiting for that F1 or Moto gp unbrella stand I've been asking for?  :( :D

'The Gaffer'

I was shocked and disappointed not to receive my new Lamborghini Aventador :(  Speedy J has just had to pay a few household bills but promised I will get it next year, cant wait!! ;D

The first year I didn't get any Anti-Perspirant at all, that must mean I've finally got my personal hygiene problems sorted at last.

I did get a Raspberry Pi project computer with a robotic arm and some nice clothes. 

benchmark51

Well I got a christmas card, so better than last year! :P

fullpint

The usual man stuff,, even down to the Old-Spice.. Yep they are still selling off there 1980's stock  :D :D :D :D :D

Pitlips

I got a dremel and tickets to the auto sport show :D what's the best things you've used a dremel for? I can't wait to get cutting, polishing etc!

Grin-a-lot

I received a voucher for a session doing this:

What could possibly go wrong!

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Grin-a-lot on 26, December, 2013, 08:41:03 PM

Well, you could nose dive, power down to the ocean floor and crack your head open :)

Actually I'm sure that's impossible, don't forget to post some vids of that. It looks like great fun 8)

robp

Quote from: Grin-a-lot on 26, December, 2013, 08:41:03 PM
I received a voucher for a session doing this:

I don't believe it, I got one of these too!  I'll make sure I get all my face-plants on video!

YellaBelly

Got the normal goodies and stinky stuuf (so still got my hygene issues obviously! :D ). But I also got a nice electronic drum kit!! Not sure if that's a good thing or not, great with the headphones to stop the neighbours kicking off, but me and the grandson thought we'd give everyone a wake-up call yesterday using the speakers instead! :D :D
Forgot how much fun they can be  8)

Oh, also got a lovely hole in the front of my head from working under the landrover, although it was 2 days before XMAS so technically not a pressie! :)

Daley Down Under

That's why this is such a great club - all of those replies made me smile  :D

Don't get that in the Aus Moke Forum

Cheers Adrian

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: robp on 27, December, 2013, 09:38:10 AM
I don't believe it, I got one of these too!  I'll make sure I get all my face-plants on video!

Nice one Rob ;D

Quote from: MarlboroCar on 27, December, 2013, 10:35:35 AM
That's why this is such a great club - all of those replies made me smile  :D

Don't get that in the Aus Moke Forum

Cheers Adrian

Cheers Adrian. Its a great community we have here :).

garry h

I got a remote controlled stunt cycle which scares the dogs to bits ;D ;D ;D ;D,smellies,clothes,a case of wine etc and a electronic ignition kit for the Spartan which hopefully will be fitted this weekend coming  :) :) :)
Had all the family round for Christmas dinner,couple that with 4 days of work makes it a perfect Christmas  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Grin-a-lot

I think I'll pay for the video footage too!  Who are you doing yours with - "Big Crazy" near Chepstow?

Iancider

Action Cam 8) 8) 8)

Expect some action soon! ;D ;D ;D

I only have to learn 132 combinations of two buttons to operate it!

fullpint

Quote from: Grin-a-lot on 27, December, 2013, 03:14:30 PM

I think I'll pay for the video footage too!  Who are you doing yours with - "Big Crazy" near Chepstow?
YOu guys may both have the same day booked!! Can't wait to see the result. Not for me but looks great fun  8) 8) 8)

garry h

Just been given a late Christmas present of two tickets to the festival of speed from one of my sons who couldnt get over on Christmas day great start to 2014   :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Moleman

Thats good news Gary. You know my adress to send the other ticket don't you?  :P :P :P :P

robp

Quote from: fullpint on 28, December, 2013, 12:35:49 PM
Quote from: Grin-a-lot on 27, December, 2013, 03:14:30 PM
YOu guys may both have the same day booked!! Can't wait to see the result. Not for me but looks great fun  8) 8) 8)

My flyboard day will be at the National Diving & Activity Centre at Tidenham.  I'll probably book a date in March.

Grin-a-lot

That's the same place as me, I'm away with work for a couple of months but will book in for March/April.

garry h

Sorry Colin the other half has already claimed her place  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Grin-a-lot

Rob, did you ever book your fly boarding and if so how was it? I'm doing mine 5 Apr & can't wait, should be great fun!

robp

Quote from: Grin-a-lot on 26, March, 2014, 10:52:23 AM
Rob, did you ever book your fly boarding and if so how was it? I'm doing mine 5 Apr & can't wait, should be great fun!

Wow, thanks for the reminder.  No, I haven't booked yet and the voucher runs out soon!  Is yours with GroupOn?  Do you have to book through the GroupOn site?

Grin-a-lot

Mine's not groupon but from when I've used groupon before I think you just print the groupon voucher and phone the company directly.

Glad I mentioned it now!

robp

Quote from: Grin-a-lot on 26, March, 2014, 10:52:23 AM
I'm doing mine 5 Apr & can't wait, should be great fun!

I'm booked this weekend too; on the Sunday though.
Should have some storys to tell next week!

Moleman

For once you will be doing something where the rain won't matter that much.  8)
Have a good time guys, hope you manage to get some pictures of the day.  :)

Grin-a-lot

Today's flyboarding was awesome, video to follow (when I can be bothered) but proof of a successful day (at least in part) is below.

Good:

Bit less good:

Over to you RobP!

fullpint

Iancider

Grinalot,

That looks awesome 8).  I guess the guy on the back of the jet-ski is controlling the throttle - I guess that stops you being propelled underwater at very high speed!!! :o :P ;D

'The Gaffer'

robp

Yes, my turn tomorrow morning!

Any advice?

Grin-a-lot

Rob,

Take a spare pair of trainers for when you're wearing the wetsuit, you won't wear them in the water but to/from the quarry your feet will be wet.

A camera with a good zoom is useful if you've got one as spectators aren't allowed to come very close.

Keep your head and eyes looking straight ahead and your arms at your side - it helps with balance!

It's great fun but hard work, I've been shattered this afternoon!

robp

That was great fun!  I managed to balance and get high out of the water.  You're right about just relaxing and looking straight ahead and not sticking you bum out!

The water in the quarry was really clear.  I wore two wetsuits which kept me warm in the cold water.  Basically there is a hose attached to the water jet of the jetski.  This means you tow the jetski around.  The instructor sits on the jetski and controls the throttle.

I did some dolphin jumps too.  There is loads of power from the water jets and you can dive down under water then shoot up out again. Great fun but makes your head freeze!

After 20 minutes I was knackered!

Here is a short clip of my wipe out!

Moleman

That does look fun. I might have to give that a go.  :)

Grin-a-lot

Its really good fun, they've got a 700m zip wire and segway driving up there and plenty of decent blatting roads in the Forest of Dean - it might be a day out that we can do sometime as a club...

Here's 2 of my more successful clips:

Moleman

Lucky Ed

Love the look of that guys - I'd love to have a go at it, but probably somewhere in the Med ;D

Iancider

That final video would look even better on Loch Ness ;D