+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Newbee GD427

Started by pilotchap, 11, September, 2009, 09:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pilotchap

Just about to start a GD427 any one else in bristol area also done one or doing one at the minute?
cheers
Damian

'The Gaffer'

Hi there Damian and a warm welcome to the club.

There are a couple of Cobra boys on here that may be able to help.

Mark, Pete?

David H

The GD is the one I would get if i was doing a Cobra build. Their stuff seems to be the nads. Looking forward to seeing it. LS power or old school?

Richard

Warm welcome !

Tony may well have some advice, not GD and a gradual 4 year build, but plenty of experiences to share I'm sure.

Hairy and Mark of course.

Do come along to the odd meet in a road car while you doing the build can help to be a bit of inspiration and a fun chat as you go along.

PhilW

dave_bence

Hairy Santa

Hi Damian,

Welcome

I think you will find that gd's are a bit thin on the ground in this area, have you joined the cobra club -- loads of info there

how far along are you -- chassis, body, donor bits  - i'm only asking as I might have a few bits a pieces that could be of interest in

all the best

Pete

YellaBelly

Speedy J

Hello Pilotchap. How are getting on with your car?

Richard

Was just wondering if Pilotchap you'd like to start a thread in the builds section and do little updates as you go ?

Would like to follow the build very much.

pilotchap

hi all,
bit slow on replying to people on here so sorry all. I have now finally started. I got the donor parts a 2.88:1 LSD diff and axles front and rear from a XJS. just in the process of stripping them all down. new compressor arrived today and sand blaster coming soon. want a 7 litre LSD 500bhp+ that should see it purr along nicely!

'The Gaffer'

Nice to hear from you. As Richard suggests, please feel free to start a build diary with pics in the builds section. It would be of great interest to our members.

Good luck with the build.

pilotchap

loads of nice air tools for xmas so need some warmer weather now to get cracking. have stripped most the axle to bits need to reburb it all now! have a few pics will have to work out how to do one of these blog things.

'The Gaffer'

Good to hear you are making headway, just start a new topic under the builds section and add pics.

Pics tutorial here. http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/index.php?topic=253.msg1535#msg1535

Look forward to your updates :)

Richard

Excellent Chap of Pilot !

Going to be really interested to follow what you do !

paintman

Welcome.

Only 7 litres!!.......you don't do things by 1/2 measures do you!   Mind you .... you better build a fuel tanker to go with it. ;D ;D

Furore Phil

What about a gas conversion ? - anyone driven an lpg car ?