News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hello

Started by The Advanced Driver, 16, September, 2009, 11:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Advanced Driver

Hi folks, I have been kindly invited by Phil to pop in and say hello.
Some of you will have met me at Chedar or the joint run to Wilton as I am an early member of the ACKCC.
I am by profession a Driving Standards Agency Approved Driving Instructor, teaching learner, advanced and HGV driving. I decided to build a kit car because I used to be a textile engineer but when work all went to the far east I changed my career but was left with a desire to keep involved in engineering so a kit car seemed the best way to achieve this and have some fun to.
I built a Robin Hood 2.0efi stainless and red in color, reconditioned the engine and completed the build in 2004. It was one of the first with Efi and R H where still trying to resolve problems with fuel tanks for injection engines. I made my own adaptions to the standard R H tank. I am presently building a JBA falcon and have another kit in the pipeline. My son Matt is also a keen hoody and is even keener on the computer than I. You probably allready heard from him. I am a RoSPA advanced driver and take a test every 3 years just to keep up my standards and achieve Gold which is the highest standard. I would like to offer to any kit car member in your club FREE advanced driver training. You will have to use your own car for training and I dont mind if its a tin top or a kit, as long as there is somwhere to stick my mirror!
I have offered this to ACKCC members so you could make it a joint or even competative event. The main thing is to pass on the skills to keep you safe on the road and of course to have fun. You can go all the way to a advanced test if you like and gain Bronze, Silver or Gold award for your driving ability. Your examiner will be a police class 1 instructor so you will need nearves of steel and a steady right foot on the day. If you would like more info let me know.

I look forward to hearing from you soon,   John    8)

'The Gaffer'

Hello and a warm welcome to the club John.

If anyone would like to take John up on his offer of FREE advanced driver training just let him know.

You just will not get this offer anywhere else, and its a real testament to Johns commitment and enthusiasm to help raise driving standards that he is prepared to offer his services to us free of charge.

I will be in touch, that's for sure.

Thanks John.

PhilW

That really is a good offer, welcome to the club John.

Bulldog Bri

Hi and welcome to the club.

Must admit this is one thing I'd love to have a go at. I drive for a living and hold a class 2 licenece, so anything that could go along with it like this would be great...

8)

Richard

Hello and most welcome here !

Saw the invite on Apple by Phil.

I suspect a few will take you up on the very kind offer. I did a BSA course a few years ago and it was quite useful although the question in the black and white book was a little unfair with the answer being "the green car is behind the brown one".

Interesting history to your build.

YellaBelly

Hi John, and welcome.

Top offer too :D

Although I've got a shed load of work to do to get my Locost finished, SWMBO has already decided that she wants me to build something like a JBA Falcon next time around. Not sure if you can still get them though?

JB

Bulldog Bri

A nice JBA on Pistonheads at the mo'

8)

YellaBelly

All I need is more space, more cash and more time then??

Piece o' cake.

;) :D

'The Gaffer'

Just buy one ready made, lot less hassle. ;D

YellaBelly

So that means I can take 'more time' off the list, but then the whole reason I'm doing the 7 is 'cos I just love messing with stuff! :D :D

'The Gaffer'

Yeah I know mate, I just dont have the time for a build, and even if I did it would never get finished ;D

I just like to drive ;)

EDIT: In fact I will post up a 'build or buy' post with poll just out of interest.

The Advanced Driver

Well I think I am adicted to working with hand tools and I build the cars for the satisfaction, I do enjoy driving but the build is the main thing for me. After sitting in the car or truck watching the world go rushing past and trying to look calm all day its nice to take out all that stress on something that will not sue me.

Cheers John    8)

Its a shame i cant spell check this!

Bulldog Bri

I'm also in the build 'em group. Though I'm not a top class mechanic by any imagination, I still enjoy the taking apart and putting it back, fabricating bits and the driving of a car you've built (or re-built)

8)

Richard

In the pulled donor apart but not put back together yet in car form group !   Good fun though  ;D

David H

A warm welcome. A great offer to be had also.

dave_bence

Hello and welcome John :)

Speedy J