News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Started by Jamie c, 21, September, 2009, 10:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie c

Hi,
Just joined the club, just bought a Tiger Avon with a 2litre zetec.
Needs some work to get it right, and for me to fit properly as I`m 6, 3.
Woundering if I should of bought something bigger, but got it for £4,500.
Anyway hope to speak to some of you soon.
Cheers.....Jamie.

gingerpaul

Hello! There are a couple of simple things you can do to give you more space. Removing any seats you might have fitted and fitting squab seats will free up some room. You can get more room for your knees by fitting a steering wheel spacer or a quick release hub.

Sounds like a bargain so I think you made a good choice!  :)

'The Gaffer'

Hi and a warm welcome to the club.

Sounds like a good deal, look forward to meeting up soon.

I am tall too, hardly ever found a car that fits me >:(. Maybe you can modify the pedal box to move the pedals further away?

I'm too tall for my kit really, but for fun runs and weekends its fine. I wouldent want to travel the world in it though, no way.

Bulldog Bri

Hiya and welcome Jamie...

As long as your comfortable in the car, you'll soon work out a way in and out of it that works for you, lol. I've got no doors to my traditional sports car so when the roof is up it's like watching an octopus squeezing out of a small hole, one leg comes out then the rest if me in reverse.  :-[ most cars have a knack to them.

8)

PhilW

Hello and welcome, as said above a QR steering wheel will give you more space and if it's only you driving you could fix the seat and lose the seat runner if you have one? where abouts are you?

Richard

Warm welcome !

Sounds a good buy, you will always want to change something.

Enjoy the car and do come along to the meets.

YellaBelly

Hello and welcome :)

I'm sure I'll be good entertainment trying to squeeze in and out of my car when it's finished, I'm 6' 4" so no shorty. :D

JB

Jamie c

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the warm welcome and advice, I`m getting there with my driving postion a smaller steering wheel has helped with the knee room.
Thought about chopping my legs off from the knees down- that would help.
Can any one help with a decent rolling road in south Bristol, I have used interpro in the past but have not been very impressed with them.
Once again thanks for the welcome.

PhilW

Quote from: Jamie c on 22, September, 2009, 07:49:26 PM

Can any one help with a decent rolling road in south Bristol,

Spamspeed in Iron Acton, he is good with carbs not sure about injection, thats if he is still there, it's been about four years since i've been up there ::)

dave_bence

Hello and welcome Jamie :)

YellaBelly

Hi and welcome Jamie. Hope to meet you soon.

JB

Speedy J

Jamie c

Hi Guys,
See you at the next meet.