Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

3rd Sunday Club meet.

Started by Moleman, 19, September, 2014, 10:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

For the first meet we will be going down to Shearwater Lake. http://www.warminster-web.co.uk/shearwater-lake.html
I'm told the owner of the cafe & will give us privilege parking which I will see if this can be sorted.  8)

You have 2 choices for this.

1, We can meet up there at 2pm.

2, I will go the the Riverside Inn at Saltford for 1pm then leave 1.15pm to head out to Shearwater Lake which goggle tells me will take 45mins.

So who is up for this & which one are you doing? Thanks Colin.  :)

'The Gaffer'

Ah, just read your other thread. 3rd Sunday in October. All being well I am up for this.

Moleman

Thanks to Paintman for making a few enquires the owner of the cafe is very pleased for us to be going there & is setting a side our own parking spot for this day.  8)

So anyone up for this then?

moleman        = option 2
The Gaffer      = option ?

Iancider

Sorry, it looks perfect but I have a prior arrangement

lake shearwater tearooms

Hi All
Dave hear from Lake Shearwater Tearooms. Thankyou for your support with your visit on the 19th October, we have posted the event on our Facebook page, see here https://www.facebook.com/lakeshearwatertearoom?ref=bookmarks and it is generating quite a bit of interest  :D We think can accommodate maybe 20 cars in our grounds? It would be really good if anyone has a hoarding that we could erect here at the site to advertise your arrival that would excellent! relley looking forward to meeting you all!!

All the best

Dave

Sumov8

Dixie

Option 2 please.

Lovely walk around the lake, so bring your walking boots.

Mark

Moleman

Thanks for that Dave. We don't have any hoarding boards I'm afraid. Most of our cars don't have very big boots if we are luck to have them.  :D

The Gaffer      = option ?
                            Sumov8         = option ?
                            Dixie             =option 2

Anyone else up for a drive?

'The Gaffer'

CC Cyclone

Hi Colin,
Well done on getting this organised. I hate it when people do this but I am a maybe, for option 2.... The problem I have is that the better half has arranged something for that Sunday that may or may not happen. I will therefore have to confirm nearer the time, but in principle I want to show my support.

Moleman

No probs mate.  :D

Thanks for that Dave. We don't have any hoarding boards I'm afraid. Most of our cars don't have very big boots if we are luck to have them.  :D

damouk

Yep I could be, although I might go straight there, I will have to check the route...

Pilgrim Anna

Option 1 is better for us. As Im working that evening and meeting up first will make it tight for time :(

peterw

All depends on wether Valerie is running or not and of course the weather ::)

Moleman

The Gaffer      = option 2
                            CC Cyclone    = option 2  (maybe)
                            Damouk        = option (not sure yet)
                            Pilgrim Anna  = option 1
                            Bulldog Bri     = option 1
                            Walnut          = option 2
                            Peterw           = (maybe)

paintman

Put me down for option 2 please......I know it's on my door step but I could do with the miles to help with the running-in.

My son Gav, (Reef paint-shop) might turn-up with his 345bhp M3 convertible as he only lives in Warminster, if that's ok Colin.

Moleman

Quote from: paintman on 29, September, 2014, 09:32:18 PM
Put me down for option 2 please......I know it's on my door step but I could do with the miles to help with the running-in.

My son Gav, (Reef paint-shop) might turn-up with his 345bhp M3 convertible as he only lives in Warminster, if that's ok Colin.

That's fine mate the more the merrier.  8)

'Mendip Wurzel'

Moleman asked me to extend this invite the the Apple County Kit Bar Club, so I have just put the following on their website............
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Bristol Kit Car Club (BKCC) are visiting the Lake Shearwater Tearooms on Sunday the 19th October 2014 and would like to extend the invite to the Apple County Kit Car Club. The BKCC plan to arrive at at the Cafe at 2.00pm.

The invite includes private parking for the clubs on the driveway and lawns in front of the Cafe (so there is no need to park in the 'pay and display' car park which is opposite). 

Below is the invite sent to BKCC from the Cafe owner which provides more details:

Hi All
Dave hear from Lake Shearwater Tearooms. Thankyou for your support with your visit on the 19th October, we have posted the event on our Facebook page, see here https://www.facebook.com/lakeshearwatertearoom?ref=bookmarks and it is generating quite a bit of interest. We think we can accommodate maybe 20 cars in our grounds? It would be really good if anyone has a hoarding that we could erect here at the site to advertise your arrival that would excellent! realy looking forward to meeting you all!!

http://www.lakeshearwatertearooms.co.uk/

Lake Shearwater Tea Rooms
Crockerton
Wiltshire
BA12 8AE

Link to Shearwater Lake website - http://www.warminster-web.co.uk/shearwater-lake.html

Blackadder

Moleman

Thanks for that Mendip Wurzel.  8)

Hairy Santa

can you put me in for possibly option 2 please Colin

sounds like a brill planned day, but is quite a distance and will depend on if I feel up to driving one of the cars  :(

benchmark51

Pilgrim Anna

We may make it. Not sure yet. As Im out the night before with work girls ....... :P

paintman

Stupott is coming in his hardtop.....I text him, his Cobra is Sorn unfortunately.     Option 1

Iancider

I cant go to this and I will miss it - it looks like a fabulous run-out.

It is worth commenting that this is an ideal run-out for other halves so everybody please consider taking you partners along too.

I'll be there in spirit if not in-person.

Ian

Moleman

Yes mate all partner's/wife's are most welcome to all the events. I just always take it for granted that people know this as mine is very selective depending on the weather & venue & I'm guessing I'm not the only one.   ::) :)

danwilko

Trying to get back involved again :)
Looks like a good one, just got to confirm a few things, so a maybe if that's ok, option 2

Dixie

Colin

Do you know what food is available?  Is it a breakfast? tea and cakes? or just a coffee.

If we are meeting at 2pm, its too late for brekkie, but some may to eat before hand?

thanks Mark

Moleman

Hi Mark. I have purposely done the 3rd Sunday event's for though's who like a bit of a lie in on a Sunday as we have the Queens Square which is in the morning & the Thursday evening meets. So I thought this could be the afternoon meets just after lunch & with enough time so people can go home for Sunday lunch if they wish.

I will give the guy a ring tomorrow to confirm this but I was thinking it probably would just be for a coffee & a cake of some sorts. Hope this helps mate.  :)

CC Cyclone     = option 2  (maybe)
                            Damouk         = option (not sure yet)
                            Pilgrim Anna   = option 1
                            Bulldog Bri      = option 1
                            Walnut           = option 2
                            Peterw            = (maybe)
                            Paintman        = option 2
                            Gav                = option 2
                            Mendip Wurzel = option
                            Blackadder      = option 1
                            Hairy Santa     = option 2
                            Benchmark51  = option 2
                            Stupott           = option 1
                            Danwilko         = option 2 (maybe)

Moleman

For anyone meeting us there don't turn into the car park, drive to the cafe where there will be allocated spaces by the cafe for us.

The cafe will be open all day so the will be hot food as well as refreshments of all kinds for you to choose from.  8)

Sumov8

Moleman

Don't forget anyone who is option 2 to be at the Riverside Inn by 1pm as we are leaving by 1.15pm

Sumov8         = option 2
                            Dixie             =option 1
                            CC Cyclone     = option 2  (maybe)
                            Damouk         = option (not sure yet)
                            Pilgrim Anna   = option 1
                            Bulldog Bri      = option 1
                            Walnut           = option 1
                            Peterw            = (maybe)
                            Paintman        = option 1
                            Gav                = option 1
                            Mendip Wurzel = option
                            Blackadder      = option 1
                            Hairy Santa     = option 2
                            Benchmark51  = option 2
                            Stupott           = option 1
                            Danwilko         = option 2 (maybe)

paintman

Weather looking good for Sunday, keep your fingers crossed....could be last run-out before Winter!! 8)

Moleman

Couldn't have said it better myself mate.  8) 

CC Cyclone

Should be there by 1pm tomorrow all being well. Exhaust has starting rattling, can't find anything loose or leaking, can only assume baffles in can. Final outing for me in it I think before it goes up on ramps for a minor rebuild over the winter.

damouk

After Googling my route, it looks like I will be going for option one. so see you all there!!!

fullpint

I may surprise you all and pop along if the weather is game  ;D Will go straight there tho.. Will be good to catch up with you all..

paintman

Dixie and myself will be there from 1.45ish.

If you get lost head for Longbridge Deverill/Shaftesbury from the roundabout on the by-pass by Warminster and take the turning right at the end of the long straight for Shearwater.

Tony

Hairy Santa

Gonna give this one a miss, don't really feel up to it, maybe next time  :)

have a good time

Bulldog Bri

we're out as well. Anna was out on the town last night and now very fragile. Lol ::)

8)