News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Treated My-self to a Disco!!

Started by fullpint, 20, September, 2014, 07:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

Ok I purchased this on the 1st Aug. HAd a fault from day one with transmission fault popping up on the dash!! Any way on bank holiday Monday (at 6am) going to work the engine went pop!! Yep pop, bang,  crunch.. The car dealer said 'Steve we will fix it'. Fair play they did but it took nearly 4 weeks. A 95k engine came out and a 45k one has gone in.. I picked it back up yesterday but have yet to drive it any distance..
So here it is, My Land Rover Discovery 3 HSE.. Its a nice bit of kit.

benchmark51

Thats no good, wheels are all the same colour! lol  :P

Iancider

Very pretty,

Look out for very low cars!

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: benchmark51 on 20, September, 2014, 07:44:15 PM
Thats no good, wheels are all the same colour! lol  :P

Defiantly, that's your trade mark, isn't it? ::)

8)

'The Gaffer'

Very nice. Pleased the dealer worked with you 8)

fullpint

I will be doing the wheels.. But I reckon all the same colour, may be.. The Mk in my colour chart car  ;D ;D
Phil the dealer has passed history with Dom!! But glad they sorted me out.. Still not a sensor that needs sorting out. Should be done on Monday tho, 20min fix.. So they say!!!!

Camber Dave

Glad the dealer did the biz - you were well peee'd off a couple of weeks back.

Good to see the positive posting

Iancider

'The Gaffer'

Big market for wheels like that I'm sure...  Maybe :D

YellaBelly

I'm obviously in the wrong job mate. All I can afford is a Disco 1 that always needs fixing......

fullpint

>:( NOT GOOD NEWS PEOPLE.. Got the car back last Friday, drove it 2 miles home and left it under the car port till Sunday. After the grand kids left I thought, Let go for a drive!!!!!!
I got 5 miles into my drive and then had LOW COOLANT flash up! Popped to Halfords and checked my level  :o Tank was empty?? Purchased 2L and started to drive home.. With in 3 miles I then had Low Coolant, Suspension fault and transmission fault all flash up! FFS..
Got home and checked the level  :o 2L had GONE.. Looked under the car and found coolant all over the chassis rails.. Called the dealer and said THIS NEEDS SORTING.. So it went back to the repair shop on Monday. Turns out the left the bleed valve OPEN and also failed to secure down the air hose to the turbo.. I sent them an email requested a FULL REFUND of my £14K... Dealer said no...
So Thursday I saw a solicitor (£200/hr +vat) and we are talking them to court.. Ive been with out my car for 5 weeks now. So Im not a happy chap...

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: fullpint on 27, September, 2014, 08:21:42 PM
>:( NOT GOOD NEWS PEOPLE.. Got the car back last Friday, drove it 2 miles home and left it under the car port till Sunday. After the grand kids left I thought, Let go for a drive!!!!!!
I got 5 miles into my drive and then had LOW COOLANT flash up! Popped to Halfords and checked my level  :o Tank was empty?? Purchased 2L and started to drive home.. With in 3 miles I then had Low Coolant, Suspension fault and transmission fault all flash up! FFS..
Got home and checked the level  :o 2L had GONE.. Looked under the car and found coolant all over the chassis rails.. Called the dealer and said THIS NEEDS SORTING.. So it went back to the repair shop on Monday. Turns out the left the bleed valve OPEN and also failed to secure down the air hose to the turbo.. I sent them an email requested a FULL REFUND of my £14K... Dealer said no...
So Thursday I saw a solicitor (£200/hr +vat) and we are talking them to court.. Ive been with out my car for 5 weeks now. So Im not a happy chap...

That really is bad news mate. Shame the dealer didnt accept they had sold you a lemon. Hope all goes well in court, unless they settle outside of course.

garry h

Good luck with it mate just showes theres some right b stds out there  >:(

Moleman

fullpint

Its a bummer but at the end of the day its just a car.. Yes it cost me £14K but I will get my car back (in full working order) or most my dosh back, life goes on though  :D Will keep you posted..

benchmark51

I had a neighbour who spent quite a lot of money on windows and doors for his house that turned out to be duff. The trader took the 'tuff tit' stance and wouldn't help, so the neighbour wrote a big sign detailing the situation and parked outside the traders premises. It wasn't long before he not only got his money back, but had a bit of 'compo' too

Lucky Ed

Good luck Fullpint, it's a very pragmatic view to take, but it's a load of hassle I'm sure you don't need.

Iancider

Good luck with it.

Any dealer must sell a vehicle at "Merchantable Quality".  The test is very simple - if it had been advertised in the state it was in would you have bought it?  I think obviously not so you have been misled or deceived - whether it was intentional or not does not matter.  You should also be able to reclaim your costs if the court finds that the dealer acted unreasonably or deceitfully. 

Also take a look at http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/ his site is full of good advice and lots of people who he has helped with problems like yours.

Ian

dynamicEdd

Sorry to hear of your problems with the Disco.
I had a similar problem with a Disco 2 V8.
Its was a great car whe it went. But that was the problem. After two years of fixing one fault after another, I had enough. The last 6 weeks of ownership, saw the car on my drive for 3 days! The rest were in the garage.
Eventually I got rid and bought a Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian 2 years old. The Finance was £20 per month more than the repairs to the Disco were costing per month averaged out. But the nice twist was that the fuel bil per month for the same mileage covered, was £141 er month cheaper! Result.
The nice thing about the Mitsubishi, is that it has proved to be reliable, and when you offer a colection and delivery service to your clients, reliability is king.

fullpint

;D RESULT....... Had an email from my solicitor at 515pm today saying that they have received the sum of £13,990.00 and that I will had my money in my account on Monday morning. Less his £1,250.00 fee..
Still it took me 3 months nearly but well worth the stress. These traders MUST NOT be allowed to rule us buyers..
Next step is the small claims court to try and get back a little more  8)
Now on the look out for a new car!! BUT WHAT??? I just don't really know what I want..

Iancider

Well done fullpint - a good result.

Ian

'The Gaffer'

Nice result 8) Shame it was such a hassle.

fullpint

Hassle it was... I really should name & shame the garage. I will also be leaving bad reviews on any sites I can find..
Customer service was total crap. The only real winners are the two solicitors.. £20/per 6 mins... Not a bad rate to be on..
So chaps what to buy?? A plodder!!! I know of a TD5 110      crew-cab which has been off the road for a year but Im not really sure he wants to sell it.. He does but I think he will want far too much for it.. Will keep you posted on a new thread  ;D

Daley Down Under

Good on you for perservering - you deserve your money back after that nightmare.  Shame solicitors cant get their fee from the garage.

Cheers Adrian