News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

New sign.

Started by Moleman, 28, January, 2015, 09:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moleman

Some of you may know but I have been trying to get us a new sign that is more portable, easier to put up & down which also folds into a small enough bag that even my westy would be able to take.
Well it has taken a while with a lot of me being messed about by various company's I have finally been able to sort something.

I can get us one of those 3 meter high flags that fold up into a tiny bag. As far as the stand for it is concerned I will be able to make us one that you can drive on so it won't matter what sort of ground we are parked on.

Bad News = I have had a lot of problems with getting our logo of the bridge on it due to the fact the original logo was too low a resolution & would cost far too much too pay someone to re-do let alone the fact it won't be very big across the flag anyway unless you have it on it's side.

Good News = I managed to speak to one of our graphic designers at work who has been doing me loads of other designs that are at the right resolution & to be fair to him the he has been very patient with me & after a lot of designs I think we have come up with something simple & easy to see but one that also stands out in a distance. The best bit about it is that he is doing it for free as long as I give him & his boy a ride around castle combe in the summer.  8)

Second good news = I also have a great boss who is going to put towards the cost of having it made.  8)

These are what we have come up with please tell me what you think & be honest  :)

Bulldog Bri

I like it a lot, the only thing to me is the letters rotated 90 degrees around to read more

B
K
C
C

I understand that could make the shading of the letters awkward. Other than that... GREAT ;D

8)

Iancider

I like the first one best but I think the letters and the logo could be transposed.  The top of the log would fit inside the curve quite well.

Well done for doing this Colin!

Ian

paintman

Great job Colin but having been in the printing industry for 30yrs I find the "Type Face" very unclear especially when it
will be fluttering in the wind. ::)

Just my observation. ;) ;)

Tony

Hairy Santa

I find the figures blending in together to much and as Bri said turning them up the right way might help, and possibly with a bit more separation between them if possible

what background colour you thinking, that could make a big difference

and finally, we already have a Westy on our bridge logo so I was just thinking  you ought to put a Dax Rush on this one - he he - ( well you did ask to be honest)

Great job Colin, thanks for all the effort, it's gonna look brill what ever you choose  -- well, as long as it has a Dax on it  ;D 

Moleman

Thanks for the feedback guys. This is really helpful. I will see look into refining it.  8)

'The Gaffer'

I like the first one, maybe if the letters were slightly further apart? Also be good to add www.bristolkicarclub.co.uk at the bottom?

Bulldog Bri

Just following on from Pete about the Westy at the bottom (or even a Dax, or any other 7 ::)) Maybe a traditional sports style instead ;D Hint hint :P

Out of the 2 I'd choose the top one ;)
8)

YellaBelly

Nice job Colin!

I prefer the colours of the second one and agree with Bri and Pete about rotating the letters.

Good job ;)

CC Cyclone

There are at least 3 cyclones in the club now... :)

Moleman

Quote from: CC Cyclone on 29, January, 2015, 03:25:34 PM
There are at least 3 cyclones in the club now... :)
If we could have a 10 meter flag then I would put all the cars on it.  ;D

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 29, January, 2015, 09:10:22 AM
I like the first one, maybe if the letters were slightly further apart? Also be good to add www.bristolkicarclub.co.uk at the bottom?
consider it done.  8)

'The Gaffer'

garry h

Great work Colin agree about the letters it would make them stand out more,prefer the first one  :)

Sprint 7

Top job Colin. Well done. Thumbs up from me. 8) 8) 8)

Moleman

Please tell me which one you think is best out if these. I can change them but I'm  hoping these are ok with everyone. Please respond a.s.a.p for me please. :)

YellaBelly

Yellow 1st or Orange 2nd

Lucky Ed

Got to be Orange! - Mind you I am colour blind, so probably not the best person to ask :o

Hairy Santa

benchmark51

Dark green writing on yellow background and a chequered band around the base. ;D ;D ;D

'The Gaffer'

damouk

I'd say yellow or white , I think the text will blend into the orange from a distance unless its a light orange

sanzomat

My vote is for the orange.

paintman

Blue or Orange background for me!

Iancider

The fourth one for me.  I think it would look really good in the Sun.

Ian

Moleman

Please tell me which one you think is best out if these. I can change them but I'm  hoping these are ok with everyone. Please respond a.s.a.p for me please. :)

So far we have = 6 orange
                      = 2 yellow
                      = 2 white
                      = 1 blue
Any more?  :)

fullpint

Hi Colin, Hope all is well. Im still flat out with work and still have a poorly Mk in need of a top-end re-build  :(
Orange for me please..

garry h

Bulldog Bri

Yellow then Orange for me. I find the yellow is a lot brighter so the writing stands out more. :P

8)

YellaBelly

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 04, February, 2015, 09:18:40 AM
Yellow then Orange for me. I find the yellow is a lot brighter so the writing stands out more. :P

8)

Agreed! :D :D

sanzomat

Quote from: Iancider on 03, February, 2015, 07:47:57 PM

Ian

Presumably as a replacement for page 3?

YellaBelly

........ I think it would look really good in the Sun.

Ian

Gotta love the optimism ;) :)

Iancider

Quote........ I think it would look really good in the Sun.

Ian

Gotta love the optimism ;) :)

Good point - I seem to remember it is is yellow and shiny isn't it?

'The Gaffer'

Ian

I thought that too, but maybe not so prominent on a cloudy day, it would also show the dirt easily and start to look grubby. Just my 2 pennies.

Moleman

It has now been ordered. Just to say I done it on a fair one man one vote system with me being the one man with the vote so the one I liked is being made.  :P

Bulldog Bri

Any news on this one bud? Shows are getting closer ::)

8)

Moleman

It's all in hand mate.  ;)

Just finished making the car stand for it so we don't have to carry a big heavy stand for it.

Iancider

Moleman

I've had the sign a week now so I had to make the base. I only just brought it home today so I will put a picture up on the weekend after my track day.

Moleman

Well what do you think? :)

There was some parts to it that I wasn't completely happy with but I have been at this for a while now & there has been a lot of designs & redesigns done on it over the pass months.
Thanks to a few people who made this possible & with a bit sweet talking I have managed to get all the design work & flag made for free.  8) Well almost, it will cost me about £30 to get 3 passenger passes to take 3 people for a ride around Castle Combe.  :)
As for the base that just cost me my time as I made it at work. I have made it so it folds up so even my westy can take it.  ;D

Bulldog Bri