News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Greetings everyone.

Started by Bulldog Bri, 30, April, 2009, 12:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog Bri

Hi. just found this site, as I was wondering if there was a club in the area now. As I to was going to start one up again.  I used to run the 'Bath & West KCC' backin the mid 80's to early 90's but when I sold my car I belive it just fadded away as no-one else wanted to take over. We had monthly meets during the summer months at a Pub called the 'Wheatshef' between Corston and Marksbury on the A39, good size car park and good beer.
Have you decided on a place to meet up yet? As this was always a good way to keep the enthusiasum up and share help and even parts.
Love the website you've put together and hope you get loads more interest. Look forward to meeting everyone in time.

Cheers for now.
Brian

'The Gaffer'

Hi there Brian and a warm welcome to the club.

Thanks for the website compliment. It is very early days for this club and hopefully a few more people will come along and join. Its a shame your old club faded away, maybe some of the old members may find us. How many members did you have?

I dont expect 100's to join, probably just a handfull, but if the site does become very busy, I will be looking for a moderator or two  ;)

Have you bought another car or thinking about it?

Nothing has been decided as far as meets, we really need a few more members and suggestions. Yours is firmly in the hat though.

Yes, look forward to meeting you one day too.

Bulldog Bri

Yeah, I have 2 cars now one on the road (the Bulldog MK2) and a Locost 7 nearly finished. The club I ran had about 20 members not all ever turned up at one meet, but most meeting would see between 5 and 15 cars. All i did back then to start the club was I had printed out some handout that I would keep in the car if I ever met anyone or just saw another car in the a cara park i would leave one and more then most would turn up and they to would spread the word.

Brian.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: bulldog bri on 30, April, 2009, 12:50:43 PM
All i did back then to start the club was I had printed out some handout that I would keep in the car if I ever met anyone or just saw another car in the a cara park i would leave one

Yeah, Christian from the Cornish Sevens club suggested that too, I must get printing  :)

Speedy J

Hiya Brian. Sorry not had much chance to say hello. It was nice seeing you at the car show. I was with G & Toniq.

Bulldog Bri

Hi. yes I remember, Hopefully once we have sorted out a regular club meet we'll all get to chat a lot more.  8)

Speedy J

That would be nice. We need some more female members, it was nice seeing some at the show in thier cars.

I havent got one yet though.

vinny1275

Quote from: Speedy J on 19, May, 2009, 08:53:24 PM
That would be nice. We need some more female members, it was nice seeing some at the show in thier cars.

I havent got one yet though.

A car, or a woman? Just checking :D (ETA: I've just seen you're G's other half on another thread, so I'll take it you're waiting for your own car....)

I'll get my wife to join as well, we've been doing our build together (apparently I shouldn't be trusted to do things on my own......) The only problem I'm going to have once it's on the road is wrestling the keys off her.... :)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: vinny1275 on 20, May, 2009, 08:23:26 AM

I'll get my wife to join as well, we've been doing our build together (apparently I shouldn't be trusted to do things on my own......) The only problem I'm going to have once it's on the road is wrestling the keys off her.... :)

Lol, Speedy is too scared to drive mine :(. Its really good your wife is getting involved  :)