News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

DVLA auction

Started by benchmark51, 12, September, 2015, 09:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark51

DVLA auction coming up if your after a personal plate

http://www.uploadlibrary.com/client1/stratford/All-Auctions-web.html

Facial Hair Optional

That link doesn't work Dave. Looks like it's a link to your Yahoo email but as mine was open it tried to find the email in my inbox and it's not there! I see you use the new yahoo fancy layout though  :D ? I have stayed with the plain and simple boring non-colour background version!

I think you need to put the link to the actual DVLA page concerned? (I am no expert mind you!!)

Funny enough I bought a plate a week or so back! You'll all get to see it eventually  ;D ;D

benchmark51

Facial Hair Optional

Yay! That works now Dave. Cheers. I'll try to resist buying one though, I can get addicted to buying plates. I once had 6!! Actually come to think of it I still have 4! Not that I get to use any of them, my ex is swanning aound with my best one on her car!

Facial Hair Optional

I was once walking through Yate when this spanking jet black Porsche 911 pulled up at the lights, there was as stunning blonde woman driving it and she gave me the most sexy smile ever. I thought, 'blimey I'm in here' then I looked at her number plate, it was S4TAN !! Lucky escape there!!!  :o True story!!!

Moleman

Do they have W3STY or C0LIN then I'm there.  8)

Bulldog Bri

Just had a look on the DVLA site. I can get 'V16OR B' or V19OR B' both are up for £399 each ;D not bad.

I know I've got an age related '79 plate on the 7 but all it says on the V5 is it's a 2014 registered car. the 'V' Prefix was 1999. Anyone know if I would be allowed to use it? ::)

8)

sanzomat

I'm pretty sure you couldn't use anything newer than the 1979 age related reg on your 7 Bri. Looking back through the order forms from when my Spyder kit was first bought from GTM , GTM were also tasked with finding the donor Metro and the instructions in the order form was that it had to be no older than K reg as the original builder wanted to use their private plate K3 ASE (surname was Kease). The file contains a receipt for a donor Metro that was M reg, hence my Spyder now having an M reg as it was registered M age related and then soon had the K reg private plate transferred on. I found some pics on the net of my car with the K3 ASE reg on it and it only went back to M reg when it was sold on.

I think you are stuck with the 1979 or earlier - e.g. a 1977 R reg might give you BVI 90R  or BVI 60R?

Bulldog Bri

Problem with that is they didn't have 'I's in the registrations then as they said it looked to much like a '1' So those wouldn't have been possible. :(

8)

Bulldog Bri

Think Colin needs 'MO13 MAN' :P

8)

Facial Hair Optional

You can't put a plate on that makes the car appear 'younger' that the reg year you were allocated originally Bri, otherwise you'd have been able to put a new plate on it day one in 2014 when it was registered.

If you could get it then B21ANV would look awesome mate. I have had a few mates who had a 2 in their plates that looked a lot like an R at 1st glance. In fact years ago I had an old white E class Merc myself with B2 LDE which I put a white screw cover cap on the bottom of the L and used as a wedding car. It really looked like BRIDE!!

I think B reg is about 1964 so you'd be ok with that one but I can guarantee it will cost you much ££££££ mate!!

Moleman

Moleman

Two for Hairy Santa that is in the Auction "80 HO"  & "HOG 33"

Iancider

A motor dealer told me about a customer who ordered a new car back in the days of the J registration.  Yes that does date me telling this one but he was particular he wanted from a list

Not J12 or J14 but J13 OND.  Neither the dealer nor the DVLA recognised J BOND.  The very happy customer took delivery of the car with its new plate and the plate then sold for £26,000 and that was yonks ago!

Ian

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 12, September, 2015, 10:35:14 PM
Two for Hairy Santa that is in the Auction "80 HO"  & "HOG 33"
What is the HO for Colin?

I was thinking HA12Y** would be good maybe??  ;D

Iancider

When I build mine two registrations came up

WE57 FLD and K17 CAR

Both had a reserve of £7,000 and they went for more than that at auction but I don''t know what the final figure was.

Ian

Facial Hair Optional

I once saw V1NCE in Staple Hill! Worth a bomb.

My fave though is still that sexy blonde who flirted with me, S4TAN on a jet black Porsche. Yummy! Or it may have been SAT4N, it was a few years ago and the grey matter ain't what it once was!

I think I saw TUR80 once too, again on a Porsche.

Yes Ian, from my experience those reserves are usually MILES out from the final sale price. I love personalised plates and have even bought one for my son who can't even drive yet. He's gonna love it when he eventually learns to drive!

Facial Hair Optional

How about YE51ANT for you Ian?  ;D

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 12, September, 2015, 08:53:05 PM
You can't put a plate on that makes the car appear 'younger' that the reg year you were allocated originally Bri, otherwise you'd have been able to put a new plate on it day one in 2014 when it was registered.

If you could get it then B21ANV would look awesome mate. I have had a few mates who had a 2 in their plates that looked a lot like an R at 1st glance. In fact years ago I had an old white E class Merc myself with B2 LDE which I put a white screw cover cap on the bottom of the L and used as a wedding car. It really looked like BRIDE!!

I think B reg is about 1964 so you'd be ok with that one but I can guarantee it will cost you much ££££££ mate!!
Wouldn't be able to use those either then as they are prefix. '84 onwards. I need the letter after numbers. Sufix

8)

Facial Hair Optional

Sorry Bri, I realised I put 64 when I meant 84! But yours is the original B reg, nice, I like those suffix plates. Don't see many these days, more's the pity.

I think as far as a plate relfecting your name goes Bri you'll struggle mate, you could consider BBV 190R or BBV 160R the R suffix being 1976 I think?  IF you can find one of them!!  Bulldog Bri Vigor!! About the best you could get I reckon Brian!!!!

Do you have a nickname maybe you could use?

Are you legally allowed to use the old black and silver plates on your car? They look really nice too.

Facial Hair Optional

Next year if you win the lottery and can afford a brand new car you could get BV16ORS !!!! Nice one that is mate!! What if every BCKK member chips in a fiver, would we have enough???  ;D

Or right currently you could have BV11GOR ?

BR14NVS (BRIAN V'S) is available now  at £470 plus fees, bargain! Same goes for BR14NBD (BD=bulldog!)

Bulldog Bri

I think the black and white plates stop at 'L' suffix. '73. Though have seen plenty of 'Q' plates and some others using the old style. ::)

8)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 13, September, 2015, 09:51:59 AM
I think the black and white plates stop at 'L' suffix. '73. Though have seen plenty of 'Q' plates and some others using the old style. ::)

8)
Yeah my rear plate on the Tiger is reversible, so I can have it legal yellow or flip it over and have it black and silver which on a black and alli car looks grrrrreat!

Crunchie Gears

I ventured into my first private plate for the Zenos.  E10S PV.  It was £310 plus fees.