AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Dave benchmark51 cannot connect to the BKCC site, anyone any ideas as to why?

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 25, November, 2015, 09:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

Dave has been texting me just now, he cannot get on the BKCC site. The rest of his websites are working ok he says.

Gaffer, he PM'd you earlier and since then has not been able to get the site up. As far as I can tell it's all ok for me and the rest of us. Anybody have any idea what may be the cause??

Cheers.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 25, November, 2015, 09:39:30 PM
Dave has been texting me just now, he cannot get on the BKCC site. The rest of his websites are working ok he says.

Gaffer, he PM'd you earlier and since then has not been able to get the site up. As far as I can tell it's all ok for me and the rest of us. Anybody have any idea what may be the cause??

Cheers.

I'm not sure why that is, could you ask him to delete his browser history and cache and try again? No changes have been made to the site.

Facial Hair Optional

Ok Phil I have told him.

He's getting a 'connection has timed out, server taking too long to repsond' error message on his pc and 'web page not available' on his phone and tablet

'The Gaffer'

How strange, can you ask him to try on his phone using a data connection rather than his wifi?

Facial Hair Optional

'The Gaffer'

Facial Hair Optional

Yay!! I know he got on via data on his phone and tablet but I think he's still struggling on his pc via his wifi. Service provider server issue I would think?

benchmark51

Thanks for your help lads. Still no joy on the PC, via virginmedia. However, up and connected on the phone and tablet on giffgaff. I think it is a virgin fault, checked their status and they have issues in the BS30 area.
Try again tomorrow.

benchmark51

Ha Ha just when you thought you were rid of me. I'm back ;D ;D.

I have connected the PC direct to the cable modem and cut out the wifi router and straight back on line.
So it seems I need another router.

Is anyone else on virginmedia cable, need a bit of help contacting the customer services.

Facial Hair Optional

Facial Hair Optional

I'm with Virgin Dave  :)  (that's not 'Virgin Dave' the bloke from the pub, that's Virgin, Dave  ;D ;D)

benchmark51

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 26, November, 2015, 10:13:07 PM
I'm with Virgin Dave  :)  (that's not 'Virgin Dave' the bloke from the pub, that's Virgin, Dave  ;D ;D)

My problem with virginmedia is although I have an account with them I have lost the account number and the pin number. When, by sheer luck, I eventually got through to customer services they sent me another pin number, but to the account I couldn't access  :-X :-X. I know they have 'o' levels in digging the garden, lol. Also my modem is 6+ years old and keeps dropping out, needing to be reset sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. Really gets on my nerves. I'm paying them £30 pm and have a S4ite service. So I thought if someone could pass my details on to customer services and ask them to contact me, I could get this sorted. I can't get to c/s as I can't log in.

Facial Hair Optional

PM or text me your details mate and I'll see if I can get through to them tomorrow.

Guess what I have upstairs??? My last router/box/modem/thingy from when I moved house earlier this year! I'm not sure if it would work with your account though, most likely they are coded or sumfin? I'm sure one of the boffins on here will know.

benchmark51

Ok, thanks. Have pm'd you.

My cable modem is old and knackered, but it is specific to me, hopefully they will replace it soon.
The wifi router is a belkin mimo G plus, which is generic. Have tried to reconnect it but no go, so must be shot. I gave away 2 new boxed routers a few months ago too, sods law!

The message to virgin is I can't log in to my account to reach customer services. I need them to contact me to sort things out before I just stop payments and go elsewhere!

Cheers Dave

Facial Hair Optional

Have you got a Virgin landline Dave? You can ring them on 150 from that if you have. If not I will call them tomorrow and see if I can get anywhere with them for you.

benchmark51

benchmark51

Ha success, got through to them and they are sending me a new super hub. This was promised last year, but never happened. We'll have to see...............

Facial Hair Optional

paintman

I had trouble logging on last night with Virgin Media but fine today.....weird!! ::)

Iancider

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Iancider on 28, November, 2015, 09:14:51 PM
I've heard there is a general Virgin shortage!
:o ;D

I had a friend of mine log into the forum who is on Virgin, she didn't report any problems so I'm pretty sure the problems are just glitches or indeed router problems.

Facial Hair Optional

benchmark51

I had someone try for me in Bath and they had no problem either. In the end all my devices would access the BKCC site independently. All of them would work with the Belkin Mimo router, except for BKCC site. Now I have removed the router, it just means I can't use my phone or tablet on wifi. I'll have to see if the new 'sooperhub' fixes it.

benchmark51

My noo stoopidhub arrived today and had a good go at setting it up following the instructions sent with it. So after a while I thought I would have a cup of tea then hang myself! :'(. I came back later though and had another go this time I sat on the instructions and , in good old MFI and IKEA fashion, made it up as I went along. Hour or so later it is finally working, phone and tablet are connected on wifi ok and all sites seem accessible. Now I'm tired and going to bed :D

'The Gaffer'

longtimecoming

Facial Hair Optional

Didnt they come and set it up for you Dave? How very slack of them. They have always done mine in the past. This must be the only real world example of a Virgin doing all the work!!

benchmark51

It was delivered by courier not a virgin person. Lots of instruction material, most of which didn't relate to my o/s. Largely a trial and error exercise really. :-X

paintman

I had a new Virgin Superhub Delivered today.....got it for a speed upgrade to 150 from 100.

Yet to connect it up yet though......can't be an hours hassle surely, can it????? ::)

benchmark51

Probably not in the right hands. I am working with an old Dell on win7 and right from the start the instructions didn't tally with what I was getting on screen. I got online easy enough but getting wifi sorted took some mucking about. Also I am on the lowest tariff(£30) so only up to around 50mbps. Enough for what I do.

Lucky Ed

50 mb/s :o

You lucky bugger, I'm out in the sticks and I'm happy if I get 5mb/s :(

Facial Hair Optional

Have you tested the speed though Dave? I find the figs they quote are often way out (hence they use the word 'up to' rather often!!) Covers a multitude of advertising sins, 'up to' 96% of users found that hair was better with Pantene, 'up to' 96% could be 3% or any other figure for that matter!!!! How do they get away with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I upgraded a while back to 100mbs and cant really say I've noticed much difference and now we are told it will be speeded up yet again soon. My theory is that every time a speed upgrade comes more and more people just get online and download more and more richer content and things stay about the same!!!

I don't really get all that stuff these days, I have a 16 year old boy so I let him figure it out and report back to me. Well, what other use do teenage boys have!!

TRY THIS................. http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/

I'm on 100 meg with Virgin and got 41.48 download and 3.12 upload

benchmark51

I'm probably getting nearer half that, but not important to me as long as it's reliable. My old modem was 2007 model and kept stopping and needed a reset to fix. I think all these high download speeds cost mega bucks and only necessary for streaming HD films ect.

Just tested at 20.65mbps download. £30 pm

Facial Hair Optional

My 100meg broadband is all bundled in with a landline and TIVO (with the F1/sports package) etc so no idea how it compares on cost but the whole thing is £60 odd a month I think. Plus I got one of their sims too, £5 a month!!!

I switched my lekky and gas supplier, moved from Vodafone on my mobile to Virgin, upgraded my Bband from 50 to 100meg and got the F1/sports package and was actually a couple of quid a month better off!

It pays to haggle, also tell them you are leaving unless they do you a deal. Ask to speak to a manager too. Often works a treat I find.

benchmark51

Mines just broadband. My sims are giffgaff and they pay you £5 to have them! No contract, free calls to giffgaff numbers. Been on it for 4 years now with no problems at all

https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/benchmark51

Facial Hair Optional

How do they make any money!! I tried giffgaff once but had a problem with it. I texted all my mates from it so they had the new number and giffgaff blocked me for a while cos they thought I was spamming people and using it for business purposes!!

I have heard it is pretty good though, just don't send too many texts one after the other with only a few seconds between them!

benchmark51

You should have asked them on the forum, they would have corrected it. They also sell phones now as well. Cash or loans. I like the no contract and I can change my tariff anytime I like.

Facial Hair Optional

This was last year I think Dave, I didnt even know about the forum etc, I just picked up a sim in a shop somewhere.

paintman

Be careful down-loading the Speed-checker that was suggested!

Last time I used that one it came with a VIRUS which I down loaded as well......not good!!!! >:(

Facial Hair Optional

I'm pretty sure that one is safe Tony, it's one of the very top used ones.