+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Stoneleigh Kit Car Show 2016 1st / 2nd May

Started by sanzomat, 26, November, 2015, 01:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanzomat

Couldn't see a thread for 2016's Stoneleigh yet so thought I'd start one! Bank holidays in May have a tendency for wives to book weekends away so get it in the diary quick!!

Who is up for it?

Vindicator

Moleman

I will put up something in the new year mate.  :)

Bulldog Bri

If you look it's already booked on the calendar :)

8)

Camber Dave

The Go Inspire car is planned to be there on its wheels

:-[ Probably not on the BKCC stand though.... :-X 

Iancider

Yes we will have the GO! Inspire cars there and we are expecting some celebrity attendance too.

For those that have not been this is a big affair and there is a big turnout but one that is always controlled by the weather.  But I will give the hardy types their due - many roofless cars still brave the elements even in the worst weather.  And for the really hardy types, you can camp there and CKC lay on overnight entertainment. 

Sorry I will clarity it is not lay-on entertainment it is a band.   ;D

Ian

CC Cyclone

Will be there as usual. No hope of the Belva being finished though, I am putting that out there now!

Facial Hair Optional

Never been before, will be driving there in comfort though!!!

Gary RH7

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 27, November, 2015, 10:23:51 PM

Its a very good show with loads of kits to look at. First thing Sunday morning, up the Foss Way from Chippenham, lovely drive but never done it in the kit.

If the weather is good........ ::)

Moleman

sanzomat

Quote from: Moleman on 28, November, 2015, 06:18:15 PM
It is worth going in the Kit Cars guys.  :)

If nothing else 'cos you get in for free!

Driving up in a convoy is pretty cool too and you really feel a part of it rather than just a spectator.

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 27, November, 2015, 10:23:51 PM

You'll wish you had once you get there. Plus you'll have to pay to get in without one ;)

8)

Facial Hair Optional

I notice that all you guys who recommend going up in kits have windscreens, wipers, heaters, wet weather gear or at least some/several of those!!!!

benchmark51

You wont need any of those, gonna be scorchio 8). Besides can't understand why it would be a problem, what are you man or mouse. he he he ;D ;D ;D

jmad

I am planning on going up. No screen or heater.

(But only if it's not raining 8)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 29, November, 2015, 08:33:19 AM
You wont need any of those, gonna be scorchio 8). Besides can't understand why it would be a problem, what are you man or mouse. he he he ;D ;D ;D
Squeak

Brandy Barrel

FHO I have a full set of waterproofs you can borrow.... The best wet weather gear you can get .... ;Dn

CC Cyclone

I went to Stoneliegh for many years in the tin top rather than my old ginettas. Once I bought the cyclone I took it for it's maiden voyage to Stoneleigh in convoy with the BKCC and it opened up a complete new experience of ownership and I enjoyed the day out much more.

Not only that, the show is the cars outside for the most part and I therefore feel, in a fading kit car market, we have a responsibility and duty to get as many their as possible. Make the effort, it will be fun, whatever the weather. The bow wave engulfing the car last year as we hit the dip in torrential rain is just as memorable for me as the sunny blat home the year before.

Iancider

It is a journey to Shakespeare country

To be Stoneleigh or not Stoneleigh - that is the question

Knowest it maketh the man, I hear not a mouse-squeak

Moaneth not and gain a tan, loose this wimpish vexation

Is thou strong or ist thou weak? Tis a noble thing I choose now, 

Twixt kit, creature comfort, storm and mighty precipitation

Facial Hair Optional

Egads Ian, thou hath losteth the ploteth mateth boy, forsooth!! Bill would turn in his grave

'The Gaffer'

Just to confirm the BKCC stand has been officially booked. It is stand 76A - Same as last year.

For those who wish to camp you can book online here http://www.nationalkitcarshow.co.uk/html/tickets_kit_cars.asp

For general show info http://www.nationalkitcarshow.co.uk/

peterw

Do we have a list of who is going and on which day this year as it is only 6 weeks away or am i looking in the wrong place as usual!!!

Bulldog Bri

Happy to start that Peter.

All those going to Stoneleigh ::) :P

1. Bulldog Bri
      2. Pilgrim Anna +1

8)

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: peterw on 16, March, 2016, 02:18:16 PM
Do we have a list of who is going and on which day this year as it is only 6 weeks away or am i looking in the wrong place as usual!!!

Better luck this time....

damouk

Id like to go up but am pretty sure I will be in the tin top unless fidodido's 2b is registered and I can persuade him to go

Gary RH7

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 18, March, 2016, 10:30:40 AM

1. Bulldog Bri
      2. Pilgrim Anna +1

8)

Bri, What day are you going and what route?
I am defiantly going up but need to decide kit or tintop. If the weather is bad I will use the tintop and possibly stay over. if the weather is good I might use the kit one day and tintop the next. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 19, March, 2016, 06:27:52 PM
Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 18, March, 2016, 10:30:40 AM

1. Bulldog Bri
      2. Pilgrim Anna +1

8)

Bri, What day are you going and what route?
I am defiantly going up but need to decide kit or tintop. If the weather is bad I will use the tintop and possibly stay over. if the weather is good I might use the kit one day and tintop the next. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

We're planning on going up on the Saturday and camping (cos we're hardcore ;)) over the 2 night's. We'll be going up the A46, A433 then A429 route as normal. Probably leaving at around 10ish. ;D

8)

Gary RH7

Camping?????? that's an option but it would have to be really good weather and the tent would have to have a shower, toilet and of course a bar :P

peterw

I'm planning on the Sunday, got my recovery insurance in place !!

Gary RH7

Quote from: peterw on 20, March, 2016, 06:55:46 PM

Had to laugh :D You have as much confidence as I have in mine ???

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 20, March, 2016, 06:00:00 PM
Camping?????? that's an option but it would have to be really good weather and the tent would have to have a shower, toilet and of course a bar :P

Nah, that's glamping Gary!!!  8) 8) :P :P

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 20, March, 2016, 07:19:04 PM
Quote from: peterw on 20, March, 2016, 06:55:46 PM

Had to laugh :D You have as much confidence as I have in mine ???

I'm more concerned with what to do with the car overnight? What if it rains (no weather gear on mine) and will they be safe from d*ck heads who might decide to nick parts (or whatever!) ?

benchmark51

I have a big tent that has a couple of bedrooms and enough room to park a kit in, welcome to borrow it.
Or a 'tarp' with eyelets, really cheap from Ranjani's.

Moleman

Steve. In my opinion it will be fine at Stoneleigh. Most of the people there are enthusiastic about their & other kit cars so they just won't stand around watch some do anything to other cars mate.

CC Cyclone

Yep I'm going, probably Sunday.
Never had a problem with damage but a halford car cover would stop anyone going near it.

Facial Hair Optional

tigercub84

Could I put my name down for the Sunday plz.

Facial Hair Optional

As it stands I may well be going up with a mate in his newly acquired Caterham SV carbon fibre jobby! Get lush!

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 11, April, 2016, 12:41:40 PM
As it stands I may well be going up with a mate in his newly acquired Caterham SV carbon fibre jobby! Get lush!

Wuss! Get in the ASBO and give him something to chase up there. :P

8)

Facial Hair Optional

I suspect it would be me doing the chasing Bri, he's a bloody good driver old Stevie boy. I can't hold a candle to him tbh