Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Newbie BEC

Started by YZFMINI, 03, February, 2010, 12:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YZFMINI

Hi All
I found this site by accident, and thought I'd better sign up and add it to my favourites. just like other useful website you quickly to back tot.
I have a Old mini which was just to slow at combe at the mini action day in 2008.
So I decided to get more power with reliability from a Yamaha YZF-R1 2003 fuel injected.
It's front wheel drive so iv not had to cut out the back seats.
It took me about 6 months to get it ready for it first drive. And at comeb last year even with a slipping clutch it went very well.
I've always wanted a BEC. But decide id fit it to my mini so I'd use it in most weathers.

Cheers

Martin Higgs

Hi I was at Mini action day last year with a mate in a 1275 cooper not the fastest mini but a great day out My MK was off the road with a siezed crank but hope to make Castle Coombe Action Days this year, any how welcome to the club hope to see you and the min at one of the meetings.

dave_bence

'The Gaffer'

Hi YZFMINI and a warm welcome to the club.

Seeing as you are local it would be great to see you and your car at one of our meets one day.

Please feel free to post a few pics.

Cheers.

Phil.

David H

I love minis, I've had 2. I would love a ride in yours one day as that just sounds wicked. It was the only type of car I ever owned where everyone smiled instead of cursed when you drove it flat out!

tickious

YellaBelly

Richard

Welcome, welcome.

Had fun in mini's before but also with that low seat back and not so good in a crash know of quite a few sad outcomes, post some pics so we can see what you've done.

Come along to a meet we all like cars not just kit ones.