Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Your ideas for 2012 / 2013

Started by 'The Gaffer', 22, February, 2010, 11:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'The Gaffer'

Ok, some of you will realise that this is a continuation of last years suggestions.

But since then we have new members and new ideas.

Post your ideas on meets events and anything interesting the club can do during 2012 / 2013 :)

Dixie

Just an idea, can we have our meets on a Sunday morning?  Preferably at some greasy spoon.

When the weather improves we can then look at other ideas.

Just a suggestion.

Mark

Bulldog Bri

I've been chatting with Phil about running some alternative meetings this year.

One idea is to have a mid week evening meeting as quite a few are saying that the weekend is not convenent for them. Though personally weekday eve's are a no go for me  :'(

What I'm looking for though really is a few stopping places about Bristol that we could use to vary our venues say one to the north of the city one to the west and so on. Also thinking would it be an idea for us to meet at a location in town and then drive out to these places.

Could I also have a few ideas for club run outs, similar to last years joint Apple country Cheddar run or over to Symonds Yat for the day...

ideas please and I'll puts some dates together  ;D

8)

Richard

Going to propose the obvious South East location of Hartley's and that is a Saturday or Sunday morning Breakfast run, or lunch.

South is the Lodge by the Lake(not the cafe), forget its name right now but it isn't that much of a drive out before stopping, so perhaps a Cheddar / Clevedon location, easy to pick up Apple at any of those 3 I'd have thought.

Will do a few test runs for other suggestions  ;D

'Mendip Wurzel'

If you are thinking of Clevedon then the Salthouse is a possible suggestion or the Old Inn has a reasonable sized car park.
With Cheddar you are probaly best with the Riverside ph as they have a reasonable sized car park and a public car park next door if the pub is full.
Kevin

Hairy Santa

How about

Lady Smyths

Blaise Castle

Chequers Pub

Longleat

Suspension Bridge

Sea Wall  (Downs)

Bristol Trade Centre - for a decent breakfast - then on to something else

Weston

Saltford Marina

Castle Combe - just for a run out

'The Gaffer'

Good ideas folks, keep em coming.

I would like to propose the Fromebridge Mill pub in Whitminster, Gloucestershire, GL2 7PD. Its North out of Bristol on the A38.

paintman

What about The Burrington Inn at Burrington Combe...they got good parking and we could do a circuit incorporating Blagdon and Cheddar. It would be less crowded than trying to park at Cheddar.

Richard

What events are in the area for this year ?

Car related if possible, then we could combine the 2 things.
other events might be welcome or at least an excuse to out.

Not sure breakie was too good at Burrington though.

Stopped for a cuppa at New Manor Farm near Bishops Sutton, decent carpark and ok value cuppa, sadly no view of cars or much at all from tea room. Research continues.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Richard on 25, February, 2010, 08:58:49 AM
Not sure breakie was too good at Burrington though.

Agreed, last time we went to the Burrington Inn breakfast was terrible. All greasey and tasteless.

'Mendip Wurzel'

Dixie

We had a lovely brekkie in the pub at Cheddar, just out of town on the Axbridge road.

And plenty of parking.

I like the idea of Haynes.

PhilW

Fish and chip run to West Bay?

Richard

Haynes - I like
Fish 'n' Chip run - I like
Brekkie run - I like (twice for some of you)

How about the a trip to meet up with the over the bridge crew, we could be penny pinching and go north to avoi bridge charges meet the Worcester 7's and South Wales crew ?

Maybe alternate morning and evening weekend meets.
Mid week meet eve meet good idea.

PhilW

Ah Wales, me and jacqui went over late last year in the kit for a nights camping, and found some fantastic roads but i feel you need to spend a night away to take advantage of them.

paintman

We could have a brekkie run, a look around the Car Museum, then a pint dinner time! :P

Dixie

Quote from: PhilW on 25, February, 2010, 04:41:22 PM
Fish and chip run to West Bay?

Now that is a great idea.  Gets my vote.  May even bring the wife.  Then again probably not!!!!

tickious

what about a lunch time meet? I'm always up for food!

Richard

We could always try a lunch meet, must be a suitable pub Tickious's way, perhaps somewhere like Leigh-on-Mendip or Vobster.

tickious

Quote from: Richard on 01, March, 2010, 08:08:57 PM
We could always try a lunch meet, must be a suitable pub Tickious's way, perhaps somewhere like Leigh-on-Mendip or Vobster.

Sounds good to me, it'll also give people time to get home from church/sober up  :D

Grin-a-lot

Has there ever been a run out to the Wye Valley / Forest of Dean area?  Just been camping there and the road from Chepstow to st briavels looked particulary good fun.

Would the be a good idea for a run out sometime?

Cyclone4

I visited the Wessex Classic car show on 5th Sep well worth a visit next year and it is possible to reserve a pitch for example The Bristol Kit Car Club and u all turn up not a problem! The reason I am saying all this is that one of our Cyclone owners set it up for us to have a stand and we had 5 Cyclones turn up from which we had never met before and made a day of it. from which we all learnt and got ideas from each other whether it be break calipers to steering wheels I was really chuffed! Just because we are Kit's and not Classics does not mean u cant attend and there was a lot of interest in our cars from jo pulic too! Rob ;)

stupott901

Yeah during the daytime at weekends for the monthly meets would be good as Sunday evenings are busy getting ready for work,

and varying the meet points would be good as well

The Bargate Tea Rooms at crockerton(Longleat) is pretty good food and reasonably priced.

Stu

Grin-a-lot

How about a big kitcar picnic type thing?  Head somewhere foresty, enjoy some driving and then whip out some rugs and food?

Could then go looking for wood nymphs...

paintman

The New Forest comes to mind, not far from the coast as well for a parade maybe. ;)

Alternative I thought we could go to Hive Beach, east of Burton Bradstock.  There is 2 fields to park in and if you did not want to have a picnic, there is a big cafe on top of the beach.    Bring your fishing rod, catch a mackerel and have a barbecue on the beach. ;D

Bulldog Bri

One idea that was nearly acted on last year was 'Breakfast at WALLNUT'S' as there is a Cafe as part of his garden centre and there is ample parking over there as well....

8) 

WALNUT

The offer still stands, park cars on grass at back of cafe, which is really the front ( if you know what I mean LOL) So we can keep eye on cars, It could be a good run for those outside bristol, but would have to think of somwhere to go for those wholive north bristol.

Tony

Psymon

Hello all tony sent me a pm about this thread (tried to pm back but keeps saying i am timed out no matter what i do ? )

Yeah its here http://www.rockymountainnursery.co.uk/ not far from hartleys about half a mile, but theres plenty of parking, if it gets busy extra parking safe spot on my lawn opposite the site, will take 30+ cars.
The cafe is rented out by us so we have no authority over it but i have heard they serve a very nice breakfast.

When my upgrades have been done i hoping to join all of you again on some run outs and track days.

Cheers Simon.

RobC

Breakfast is very good up at Rocky mountain... prob about 1 minute drive from mine :)

WALNUT

W.S.M Easter car rally Sat.23 April 2011 beach lawns. no charge, park all day

WALNUT

The Bristol Hotrod Club, at the Griffin Inn. All sorts turn up for this one, every Tuesday night through out the summer, about 7ish

Tony 

Raw

Not a club event, but all welcome to our Pie Run.....

Are you a fan of Pie? - If so, great, otherwise never mind, read on anyway!

The second Raw annual "Pie Run" which takes place on Saturday July 14th.

The Pie Run is a leisurely trip to the coast for kit car drivers in the area and we are hoping to build on last years numbers this time around. Very similar to some other runs throughout the year you may have been on, but all the same it's another chance to join a group outing.

The run begins at Raw Striker Ltd's workshop in Hereford at 9.30am and follows a route of the most interesting roads we know to the coast at Aberdovey. This includes the Elan valley and other less well known and stunning routes of interest, both from a scenery and road point of view.

On arrival at the coast, we partake of lunch of some sort - pie eating is not compulsory!

Lunch devoured, we will head back via a different route with more amazing roads and scenery. En route home we expect drivers to peel off and head home via their own preferred route as suits them.

Anyone interested should contact Raw to ensure we don't leave without them, or simply arrive on the day at Shelwick, just North of Hereford.
See http://www.striker-cars.co.uk/?p=1538 for pie run detail and http://www.striker-cars.co.uk/?page_id=206 for Raw's location.

Thanks for reading.

Krazyken

I nominate Hairy Santa for this one.  Pies come next after the 2 breakfasts have gone down. :P :-*

Jasperpilchards

Hi everyone...
Claire and I were wondering whether anyone would be interested in coming over to us for a day in July? we could put on a hog roast bouncy castle etc for any kids  plenty of room to camp and park cars FOC if you like to or  if you like your creature comforts then we have a b&B which I can arrange some preferencial rates for club members.. maybe open it up to a couple of other clubs so we get a good selection and number of motors to drule over??? just thinking out loud. So details would need to be ironed out.

Goer Yes/No?

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Jasperpilchards on 29, April, 2013, 10:23:27 AM
Hi everyone...
Claire and I were wondering whether anyone would be interested in coming over to us for a day in July? we could put on a hog roast bouncy castle etc for any kids  plenty of room to camp and park cars FOC if you like to or  if you like your creature comforts then we have a b&B which I can arrange some preferencial rates for club members.. maybe open it up to a couple of other clubs so we get a good selection and number of motors to drule over??? just thinking out loud. So details would need to be ironed out.

Goer Yes/No?

Where are you based?

8)

Jasperpilchards

About 3 miles from Glastonbury and 6 from wells
doublegatefarm.co.uk if anyone wants to look at the area and accom
My place is only 100yrds down the road and that's where we would have the hog roast and park everyone up  :P

Rob

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: WALLNUT on 19, April, 2011, 04:25:31 PM
The Bristol Hotrod Club, at the Griffin Inn. All sorts turn up for this one, every Tuesday night through out the summer, about 7ish

Tony
I have been informed today that the Hot Rod Meetings have been moved to the 'Horseshoe Pub' just off the ring road, Syston Hill roundabout, as the Griffon landlord was going to chare the Hot Rodders for using the car park and not buying drinks.

Moleman

Quote from: Jasperpilchards on 29, April, 2013, 10:23:27 AM
Hi everyone...

Goer Yes/No?

This sounds like a nice thing to do. July is getting fully booked for events. Any chance you can do it for mid August?  :)

Jasperpilchards

Yeh sure any things possible just wanna gauge interest first to see if the numbers are there

8)

Moleman