News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

CKC TRACKDAY @ LLANDOW 15 May

Started by tickious, 28, February, 2010, 06:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: G & Toniq on 15, May, 2010, 09:34:16 PM

Dont start me on Beanie hats though, thats two hats that have blown off now >:( If anyone see's a blue beanie with BKCC on it whilst on the M32, could you stop and pick it up please? :)

was that North or south bound  ::)

8)

tickious

Quote from: David H on 15, May, 2010, 08:50:52 PM
Absolute Blinder, a cracking day and we were soooo blessed with the weather. Loads of good kit there, a few very fast cars and plenty of nice people to mingle with. We had a good group and i would like to say thanks to the Mini lads for helping set up my video camera. I think we need a firmer bracket as the picture was a bit wobbly.... next time.

I just zip tied mine to the rear view mirror.

Sneakily using a slower car to block Alistair, while I squeeze  up the inside, without using the O sh1t lane. JUST! :o
And a big thanks to Al for not letting me drive off without clipping my bonnet down. Maybe an idea for Phil to try. ;D

QuoteWell done Phil!! Excellent show. Phil hit it hard and obviously enjoyed sinking his right foot into the floor all day!!! Fair play. This is what your car is designed for and lets face it, you cant drive your car like you stole it anywhere else without trouble.

QuoteThanks Dave for getting stuck in with coming up with the day, we should do it again. Get yr mate Kelvin along again, he fits right in. And, thank you for my Hat!!! Its my new car beanie..

I'm sure Kelvin will be along again, he does like a good track day.

He's been busy again today getting stickered up for Le Mans.
Big respect to Dave H, it's not often Kelv comes across someone to give him a run for his money! Those cycle wings work really well! :P

QuoteThere is nothing quite like a day on the track with car loving nutters.

Ace.

David H

Thats a much clearer video. I'll find a better way to strap it....

'The Gaffer'

Great Video Dave, any more? Maybe one with me in it ;)

Bri, my hat came off heading out of Bristol I think on the stretch leading up to the filton exit :(

I was told of a good prevention for this - some velcro and a cord wrapped round the roll bar :)

alastair

Hey guys,

That was a really excellent day. its the first time I have done a full track day, and really enjoyed it. cant say the same for my tyres though.

Dave, that video is excellent. It makes it all the better as most of it is of my mini. ;D
Thanks for organising it. I'll deffinately be up for doing another one at some point.

Catch up with you all soon!

'The Gaffer'

Heres another in car video, this guys first track day in a blade powered car.

K315 VXT

Hi Guys thought I would register and say Hi and Thanks for Saturday - brilliant day, great people, great cars and most of all some great driving!!

I had intended to go and be Dave's team photographer but of course as soon as I heard there would be space on track, the camera went back in the bag and not another shot was taken all day! 

Some great video's - I think video kit of some description will have to be my next investment - does the spending ever stop!!

thanks for your warm welcome, I feel like an honorary kit car member  ;)

Does anyone have any pics of Vid of me in the VX, I seem to remember there were a few people shooting from near the bus stop, might even have me in the "oh Sh*t" lane at one point!!

Will definitely come along again, if Im allowed of course  :P

Cheers!

K315 VXT

Just found this link - one of the guys taking pics on the day - they are for sale if anyone wants to buy.  I have no affiliation with this juts sharing the love!

http://stevekilvington.fotopic.net/c1849949.html

'The Gaffer'

Hey there, and warm welcome to the club, we all had a great day and it was good to meet you.

You are welcome to join us anytime :)

If you get five mins, please say hello in the introduce yourself section of the forum too.

PS Fantastic pics - nice find.

David H

i also have a few great shots taken by Dan, i'm going to post them when i get a mo!!

David H

And welcome to the club Kelvin!!!

David H

Some photos from the day. There should be some more coming!

andygtm

The track day I guess was a great experience for you all and looked very tricky in places. It certainly makes me want to be around for the next one. No reports of any incidents although Dave seems to of span off at one point. Hope you all slowed down abit for the journey home. Some great pictures and video too.

'The Gaffer'

Nice pics dave :)

Quote from: andygtm on 18, May, 2010, 10:54:56 PM
The track day I guess was a great experience for you all and looked very tricky in places. It certainly makes me want to be around for the next one. No reports of any incidents although Dave seems to of span off at one point. Hope you all slowed down abit for the journey home. Some great pictures and video too.

It really is an experience I would recommend to anyone - look forward to seeing you at the next one :)

Bulldog Bri

In case anyone is still thinking of the mini video camera mentioned earlier in this thread, there's a cheaper one now on ebay  :o

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260594741176&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I've just ordered on

8)

alastair

The pics are cool Dave!

That red mini looks lush!! tehe. Seriously your westi looks mint. Would you thank the guy with the exige for the trip around the track with him if you see him soon.

It was a great day, but it shattered my tyres. Nevermind, it was worth it!

See you all soon!

YZFMINI

Lap Times for interest.

i did 58 sec
Alastair did 53sec
David H did 49sec..

but reason fior this is on the bank hol monday a friend was sprint racing at llandow
and Jedi's were doing the lap in 37SECONDS!!!!!!!! :o

David H

correction, sorry.

48 seconds with a few bits of traffic. Going back next month so will see what i can get then. Still, that Jedi must be MENTAL fun!

Alastair, thankyou for your kind comments. I know what you mean about the tyres!!