News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hi all

Started by peterw, 08, June, 2010, 01:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterw

Just to say Hi to one and all, Building a V8 Hood at the moment up by Bristol Airport, noticed there is another one not far from me!!!   Peterw

Bulldog Bri

Hiya Peter and a warm welcome.

Yep your right, Kevin (Mendip Wursel) isn't to far from you

How long have you been building? Got any pic's? Feel free to post them up on the site always interested to see progress on the cars.

8)

'The Gaffer'

A warm welcome to the club Peter.

As Bri says, please feel free to post some pics.

Look forward to seeing you and your car one day at a meet or event :)

Daley Down Under

Peter,

Welcome to BKCC - when you park next to each other will we create the first Hoods V16?

David H

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: MarlboroCar on 08, June, 2010, 04:14:42 PM

Peter,

Welcome to BKCC - when you park next to each other will we create the first Hoods V16?

As they will be side by side think it will be more of a W16  ;D

8)

peterw

It may be a V16, but wont it sound great, Been building since Nov last year and got the engine fired up recently, sounded like a herd of buffalo through the garage maybe i ought to finish the exhaust. Probably another year or so to go before the dreaded IVA some pics attatched i think.
Pete

peterw

Theres always one isn't there!!!

Psymon

Hello and welcome  ;D

Simon...

'The Gaffer'

Very nice looking clean build, engine looks great :)

David H

Quote from: peterw on 08, June, 2010, 09:28:15 PM
It may be a V16, but wont it sound great, Been building since Nov last year and got the engine fired up recently, sounded like a herd of buffalo through the garage maybe i ought to finish the exhaust. Probably another year or so to go before the dreaded IVA some pics attatched i think.
Pete

tasty. best invest in some Autosol

'Mendip Wurzel'

Hello Peter,

Needless to say I am very interested (I'm the other V8 Hood). What model of Hood are you building. I have a 2B and as far as I know there are only two other V8 2B's in the country. There are a couple of S7's with a V8 buts that about it.

Kevin   

'Mendip Wurzel'

Hello Again Peter

I've just been looking at some of your pictures. It looks like a neat build, much better than mine. I like the SS exhausts, where did you get them made. That radiator looks quite small, looks like a two core, will that be enough to cool the engine.

A very nice build...

Kevin

peterw

Kevin, The exhausts were bent and supplied by OJZ engineering in Nottinghamshireand i welded it together, picture as supplied. The radiator acording to GBS is big enough and as i am using a Davies Craig water pump with no thermostat fitted we will see in time. Its a 2B plus but in mild steel not stainless (dont know why) and the other v8 one i know of is Tim Norman President of the RHOC up in Nottingham somewhere. I would love to have a look at your 2B sometime, not 100% sure how the side panels and rear wings fit together yet

Hairy Santa

Hi Pete,

That looks like a nice build you have going there

why arn't you going to use a thermostat, stick a 74c in and you wouldn't know the difference, at least the lump would come up to working temp quicker than without one

by the way "welcome to the mad house "

All the best

Pete

YellaBelly

Hi and welcome. Can't wait for all these V8s to be rumbling alongside each other, should sound pretty impressive  8)

JB

peterw

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 09, June, 2010, 11:03:58 PM
Hi Pete,

That looks like a nice build you have going there

why arn't you going to use a thermostat, stick a 74c in and you wouldn't know the difference, at least the lump would come up to working temp quicker than without one

by the way "welcome to the mad house "

All the best

Pete

Don't need one, processor controlled electric water pump, pump speed follows engine temp.
Pete

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: peterw on 09, June, 2010, 10:20:20 PM
Kevin, The exhausts were bent and supplied by OJZ engineering in Nottinghamshireand i welded it together, picture as supplied. The radiator acording to GBS is big enough and as i am using a Davies Craig water pump with no thermostat fitted we will see in time. Its a 2B plus but in mild steel not stainless (dont know why) and the other v8 one i know of is Tim Norman President of the RHOC up in Nottingham somewhere. I would love to have a look at your 2B sometime, not 100% sure how the side panels and rear wings fit together yet
engines like to run quite cool at 80 to 85 deg

You are right in that Tim Norman has a V8 2B, the other chap is a guy called Paul Morgan. We were the three Cavaliers, but now we are the four.... one for all and all for one as they say!!!
I expect your radiator will be okay. As I'm sure you know these engines like to run quite cool at about 80 to 85 deg. I have a 4 core Westfield radiator with a main fan and 2no additional Suzuki Thunderace motorcycle fans aimed at the exhausts that I flick on as backup if things start to get too hot in the Summer.  Most of my exhaust system is under the bonnet which doesn't help. It looks like your exhaust arrangement discharges outside of the bonnet a lot quicker.
My foot well areas get incredably hot because of the exhausts which is great in the winter but not so good in the summer.

dave_bence

I'm late again, but hello and welcome Pete ;D

Richard

Quote from: dave_bence on 15, June, 2010, 11:10:46 PM
I'm late again, but hello and welcome Pete ;D

Not the latest  :D

Warm Welcome Pete !

Denzle

Nor the very latest.

A very warm welcome to a great club Pete. a helpful and happy bunch.
                                                   Denzle

peterw

Its first day out, not under its own steam, I keep calling it IT I need a name, Any suggestions??

;D

WALNUT

The Time Machine. As in, It must take up all your spare time working on it.

Tony

'The Gaffer'

Great progress :)

How about Wilma - as in 'Wilma' car start? :D

WALNUT

There is one that has missed us, and you have already got part of it with IT, as in THE LITTLE SH, then add your IT

Tony