News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

LeMans Classic in 2011

Started by Dixie, 09, July, 2010, 12:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dixie

Looking at the ACKCC web site, it looks like they organise a trip to LeMan.

What would be the interest in this club if we did a trip NEXT year to the Classic.

Reading one of my Cobra Clug mags, the Kent area to a day trip to France called "Le Blat", they are doing another in September called "Le Blat Deux".  Clearly its a long way for 1 day, the the LeMan is a 3 day event.

We could possibly hook up with the ACKCC.

Any thoughts? 

I have never done anything like this before, so wouldn't know where to start, but I am happy to give it a bash if there was sufficent interest

'The Gaffer'

Well I'm interested Mark.

Looks like just you and me then :)

Psymon

Sounds fun, i would like to go..

Maybe you can also arrange a trip to the Nürburgring  :D :D :D

Si ;D ;D ;D

peterw

This is one of my main aims when the car is ready  poss 2012 for me, but i will definately be in on it.

WALNUT

Id love to do it but dont think mycar would be up to it

Tony

Dixie

Its not a race.  You will have no problem keeping up.

We will go as fast as the slowest man.  As long as it was reliable, speed doesnt matter.

M

WALNUT

Its the reliability bit Id worry about lol

Tony

Richard

Would be a great thing to do.  Should even have at least one car on the road by then  ;)

mattsmev

Hi Wallnut

I know your car, and as far as i know it would make the run fine, just take it steady, the classic crowd would love it.

I took my car to the classic le mans last weekend, it was a great trip that i really enjoyed, but they only run it every other year, so the next one will be in 2012, as far as I know

Cheers

Mattsmev

WALNUT

Well, after what Mattsmev has said, I will have to do a rethink on going to LeMans Classic. And asits not untill 2012, I might even have my mudguards on by then. LOL.

Tony