+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

kit car syndrome!!

Started by YB DAX, 08, January, 2011, 09:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YB DAX

After a productive winter of carrying out some upgrades to my dax rush cosworth including new rear lights, oil breather system, steering wheel boss, new rocker cover, cooling vents in bonnet and some wider rear tyres i felt a nice little test drive was in order,

me an xr2 stu didnt get far before i noticed the tyres were a bit too wide and fouled the arches so returned to the garage to swap wheels,

second go, got some fuel and had a nice little blast,
beautifull, nearly lost my hat tho,

on returning home noticed a fuel smell and found the tank has split along the top seams,

a local company called arrow radiators said they would see if can be repaired so will send it away monday,
hope i can get it back and ready for my summer mot test after all the work ive done already,

always the way, spend money on un important things then something crucial comes along and bites you in the bum,

xr2 stu

we all get it mate and i've not got a kit car lol it was a good drive after we got the fuel was the best bit you know what am on about lol

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: YB DAX on 08, January, 2011, 09:34:22 PM
second go, got some fuel and had a nice little blast,
beautifull, nearly lost my hat tho,

on returning home noticed a fuel smell and found the tank has split along the top seams,

Haha. I've lost about 6 hats to date ;D Good luck with the tank.