+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hood front wings

Started by peterw, 06, January, 2011, 09:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterw

Hi all, As i am getting close to fixing the front wings to the Hood, does anyone know the best way of fixing them on, I don't want to us bolts etc through the GRP wing. I was originally thinking about fibreglass under the wings and around the tubular supports but now am leaning towards an adhesive system. Any thoughts ??
Pete

paintman

I'm changing my wings in the summer and intend to bond captive bolts to the underside with matting, as the current wings have cracked the gelcoat around the fixing bolts.

Tony

'Mendip Wurzel'

GBSC glue them these days. I have heard of glued ones coming as they get a real hammering from the front suspension. I suppose its how well you glue them. Mine are glued but I also ended up pop riveting them and have little plastic cover to finish them off that I got from Backwell hardware shop. I didn't trust the glue.

Wallnut is an expert on front wings that fall off...

Kevin

paintman

They were off more than on last year......ha ha  ;D

YellaBelly

I've not done mine yet, but apparently a lot of people use Sikaflex or similar or fibreglass over the supports under the wings. Not sure how I'm going to do mine yet but I am thiniking of trying that first.

If you do a search on cycle wings on the LCB site http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/ you should find plenty of reading.

JB