Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Stoneleigh Kit Car Show - May 4th & 5th 2014 - BKCC Stand

Started by 'The Gaffer', 28, December, 2013, 08:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'The Gaffer'

I have just received paperwork from Grosvenor Shows re The Stoneleigh Kit Car Show 2014. Sunday 4th and Monday 5th May 2014 (May Bank Holiday weekend)

This is 'the' show of all kit car shows and I have booked a club stand as usual, we have been allocated our usual stand (54F) See map.

I know its early and things change but do you intend going? With car? Camping? Put your names down please so we can get an idea of numbers.  This topic will be left sticky.

It should be mentioned that if you decide to come in your kit / sports car, you will not be expected to stay the 2 days on the BKCC stand, just park your car on it for as long as you are around. You are free to come and go when and as you please.

Camping is optional but could be fun, a great chance to get to know each other over a tipple or two.

More info about the show can be found at www.nationalkitcarshow.co.uk

Moleman

I will be going for one of the days. but not sure which yet?  ;D

Iainl

I'll also be coming along one of the days in the kit car (as long as the weather looks dry)
Cheers
Iain

robp

Yes, I'm planning to go to this event.  Not sure which day at the moment.

Bulldog Bri

dave_bence

I'll be there both days too.

I'm staying at a local B&B

WALNUT

I intend being there for one of the days, dont know which one yet.

MOZZY

Hi Guys , glad you had an enjoyable Christmas lunch.Sorry I missed it. I have been told by a reliable source that there was HEAPS of good grub!!! Guess who ? I am gradually recovering from my op but it is taking more time than I anticipated. Can't wait to get the Royale back from the body shop, but I don't think I could drive it if I had it
I will be going to Stoneleigh probably for 2 days. I hope we get a better turnout this year.
Happy New Year to you all and thanks for the well wishers and visits when I was immobile it helped me along no end
Regards Mozzy

'The Gaffer'

Iancider

Hi, I will be going,

Mozzy sorry to hear you have had problems.  If you are going I think it is our duty to support you.  Hope you recover soon and I am sure if you need help with the car it will be there in abundance for you.

Regards
Ian

Robert

Hi yes please, can you put me in, (one of the days), Thank you

benchmark51

Iancider

Just to confirm that I will be there on the Sunday - A very special lady has a birthday on the Monday

Krazyken

I will be there one of the days, don't know which one yet.

CC Cyclone

fletch_306

I will be going hopefully depending on the state of the car by that time.
It is currently undergoing major surgery to rectify previous owners cock ups.

Moleman

Ok, People going so far.
                                    1, BullDog Bri       (Both days)
                                    2, Pilgrim Anna     (Both days)
                                    3, Dave_bence     (Both days)
                                    4, Mozzy              (Both days)
                                    5, Moleman          (one of the days)
                                    6, Iainl                 (one of the days)
                                    7, Robp                (one of the days)
                                    8, Walnut             (one of the days)
                                    9, Robert              (one of the days)
                                  10, Benchmark51   (one of the days)
                                  11, Iancider            (Sunday)
                                  12, Krazyken          (one of the days)
                                  13, CC Cyclone       (sunday)
                                  14, fletch_306        (maybe)
                                  15, Big Red
This is the largest KitCar show in the UK, It's a must see if you haven't been before!
Anyone else up for this?   :)

Big Red

Hello there,
We will be there on the Monday....
Can anyone recommend accommodation please ?
Thanx

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Big Red on 13, April, 2014, 11:27:51 PM
Hello there,
We will be there on the Monday....
Can anyone recommend accommodation please ?
Thanx

They do have some very basic hut type accommodation on site if you dont mind roughing it. Or, there are bed and breakfasts around that someone may recommend, book fast though. Then there is the good old tent :)

CC Cyclone

Bulldog Bri

Usual Meeting place for the run up on Sunday is the Griffon Pub, Bridgeyate. No later than 8.00am for a steady run up, last year only me and Anna turned up for it. :( so if anyone wants to join in let us know and we'll make a list. ;D

8)

benchmark51

Oh, brian. Now your telling porkies, I came in the van. Will be in Ratbag this year though.

CC Cyclone

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 14, April, 2014, 01:54:31 PM
Usual Meeting place for the run up on Sunday is the Griffon Pub, Bridgeyate. No later than 8.00am for a steady run up, last year only me and Anna turned up for it. :( so if anyone wants to join in let us know and we'll make a list. ;D

8)

Great, see you there.

Moleman

I may join you. Like everyone else as I'm only doing one day I'm waiting to see on what the weather is doing.  :D

garry h

Providing my other half hasent got any wedings to do over this weekend then we should be going  :)

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: benchmark51 on 14, April, 2014, 02:12:20 PM
Oh, brian. Now your telling porkies, I came in the van. Will be in Ratbag this year though.
Being in the van, no-one would have known you were part of a convoy ;D ;)

8)

Moleman

benchmark51

I should be good to go. Have a potential problem as have been asked by 2 people if they can come up, but only have 1 spare seat. Anyone got a spare seat? If not gonna have toss a coin :-\

Theres an idea, anyone done a stretched seven?

WALNUT

Im still not sure witch day im going, but I will have a spare seat.

Moleman

I'm planning on the Sunday & going up in convoy with Bri, but waiting on the weather is doing a bit closer to the date.
I may have a spare seat as well depending if Dazzer would like to go or not.  :D

johnboy

I've booked the Monday off ( finally ) so may I put my name for Monday please if the weathers ok ish I might even take the tiger for a spin . on a side note I've been up a couple of times to stoneleigh and just parked in one of the car park and walked in payed how would this differ?

Bulldog Bri

Kit car and driver get in free. any passengers still pay. Simples :P

8)

Moleman

I will be arranging A meeting place in Bridgeyate on the A420 to head up to Stoneleigh for about 8am about a week before this event.
We will be going up A429 & if there is anyone who want's to meet up on route please let us know.

Bulldog Bri

It'll need to be 8:00 latest otherwise setting off your never quite sure if everyone's that's going has arrived. Any that do turn up late will just have to catch up.
Also any later and we'll get caught up in Badminton traffic. We keep to a easy pace for the run up and it takes about 2 hours.

8)

Iancider

QuoteIt'll need to be 8:00 latest

'cos Brian's got a trailer and is limited to 50 now..... ;D

Bulldog Bri

No, I've always kept convoy's to a steady pace to kept them together, Best one so far was 23 car's from Axbridge to Puxton Park (near Weston) and didn't lose 1.

8)

CC Cyclone

Well I'm up for the convey. Due to the gearing and the turbo there are certain speeds it will cruise at happily and others that are impossible to stick to as it comes on boost  :o and it is pain to maintain. I'm getting this disclaimer in early as i don't want you thinking I am being rude or a hooligan if I have to adjust my cruising speed  ???

'The Gaffer'

Moleman

Quote from: CC Cyclone on 22, April, 2014, 10:31:10 AM
Well I'm up for the convey. Due to the gearing and the turbo there are certain speeds it will cruise at happily and others that are impossible to stick to as it comes on boost  :o and it is pain to maintain. I'm getting this disclaimer in early as i don't want you thinking I am being rude or a hooligan if I have to adjust my cruising speed  ???

Come to think about mine has that problem sometimes.  :P

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 21, April, 2014, 10:17:16 PM
No, I've always kept convoy's to a steady pace to kept them together, Best one so far was 23 car's from Axbridge to Puxton Park (near Weston) and didn't lose 1.
8)

Brian.... You get my vote as convoy leader.... and my wife's vote..... and Millie our dog.