AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

20th June Castle Combe Action Day - Now to include Complete Kit Car show.

Started by sanzomat, 21, February, 2015, 02:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

sanzomat

http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/events/action_display_event.asp?BookingEventID=862

Just in case anyone is still short of something to do on 20th June here is another one!

There is a new post on the GTM owners club forum re this and apparently the CKC magazine show that is normally at Donnington will now be part of the classic and retro action day at Combe so will now be called the Classic, Kit and Retro Action Day.

Moleman

Just when we got one to change their date.  ::) :)
Looks good though.  :)

Dixie

Iancider

Me too with a question!

Is the the Bristol Motor Club Family Sportscar day by another name that was at the Combe on 20th June which is now moved to 26th July?

Regards
Ian

Moleman

I can look into a stand Dixie, I will have to see who want's to go to what to make sure who's going where & on which day?  ??? ::) :)

Ian I just know it's Bring your Sports Classic to Castle Combe day at the moment.  :)

Dixie

I just read the small print.  Max Db of 100.

that's me out, the new motor is 103 db.

M

Moleman

It still can be a good day Mark. To be honest I won't book any track time on a action day as they normally let too many people out on track at once & must of them it is their first time & normally run out of talent within the first 2 laps. So I normally check out what the situation is like first.  ::) :) 

Iancider

I read on the CKC website that this event now replaces Donington which good news because some of us felt that was too far to travel.

So having reported that triple booking over this weekend had gone away - it is now three events on the same weekend again: this one, the Bath Festival and Tyntesfield with the ADC.  OOPS!  :o

OR to put it another way all the best shows are on our doorstep and we can ALL go to something and have a wonderful time AND celebrate mid-summers day AND Fathers day.  YIPPEE! 8) 8) 8)

robp

I'd like to go to this event. Sounds good.  :D

Quote from: Moleman on 22, February, 2015, 08:40:08 PM
... they normally let too many people out on track at once & must of them it is their first time & normally run out of talent within the first 2 laps.
Yes.  This is unfortunately true although I have to say I have enjoyed going on track at these events.  It is perhaps something I wouldn't recommend for the trackday novice though.  ::)

This event is generally the 'calmest' of all the Combe action days.

sanzomat

Quote from: Moleman on 22, February, 2015, 08:40:08 PM
normally run out of talent within the first 2 laps. 

Sounds like I'll fit in perfectly, assuming my talent makes it that far!!

Jagodo

I never went to Donington as it was too far but Castle Coombe is a nice little run out. I wouldn't mind taking my Dutton around the track but it is not set up for 10/10ths driving and I don't think that it would manage more than a couple of laps at a hard pace before the brakes or the engine were overheated. My Dutton would just be slow traffic compared to many but it would be fun just to get a taste.

Moleman

Jagodo = This would be the best chance to take it around for a short spell as I think you book about 15 minute slots at a time.  :)

There will also be another chance to do it on our event on 26th July on the Bristol motor club family day out. Though this will be more like parade laps.  :)

Iancider

QuoteThere will also be another chance to do it on our event on 26th July on the Bristol motor club family day out. Though this will be more like parade laps.  :)

Actually quite fast parade laps  ;) :o:D

Moleman

Hi people I will need to know who is up for this one now if I'm to book us a club parking space & the quicker I do it the better a spot we will get.
All you need to do is reply to this thread by putting your name down & I will fill in the form & get our FREEyes FREE ticket one per person & car.
You will have to pay £12 for your passenger if you book a ticket in advance or you can pay on the day at £15 per person. (children under 16 go free) O.A.P's £8 in advance or £10 on the day.

You can off course book some track sessions in 15 minute slots which will be £20 in advance or £35 on the day.
(to book these just click on the link at the start of the thread as well as your passenger tickets)

Please be aware All vehicles must comply to the strict noise limit of 100db(A), which is measured at ½ metre from the exhaust outlet at 4500rpm. All vehicles will be sound checked prior to taking to the circuit, please ensure that your car is in suitable condition for circuit driving and to MOT standard.

I must stress you will not be able to just turn up on the day with your car & park on the display parking!
They will just make you pay to in on the day & more than likely make you park in the visitors parking.

So to avoid this all you need to do is put your name down here & I will fill in the forms get your free ticket & give it to you before you go in.  8)
It won't even matter if the weather turns out crap & you change your mind because of it as it won't have cost you anything.  :D

So please tell me who would like to go to this one as soon as you can as that will make my life easier.  :D

Iancider

I am a definite +1 and I would think it safe to propose Crash Test Dummy +1.

Regards
Ian

benchmark51

Moleman

Hi people I will need to know who is up for this one now if I'm to book us a club parking space & the quicker I do it the better a spot we will get.
All you need to do is reply to this thread by putting your name down & I will fill in the form & get our FREEyes FREE ticket one per person & car.
You will have to pay £12 for your passenger if you book a ticket in advance or you can pay on the day at £15 per person. (children under 16 go free) O.A.P's £8 in advance or £10 on the day.

You can off course book some track sessions in 15 minute slots which will be £20 in advance or £35 on the day.
(to book these just click on the link for your passenger tickets)
http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/events/action_display_event.asp?BookingEventID=862

Please be aware All vehicles must comply to the strict noise limit of 100db(A), which is measured at ½ metre from the exhaust outlet at 4500rpm. All vehicles will be sound checked prior to taking to the circuit, please ensure that your car is in suitable condition for circuit driving and to MOT standard.

I must stress you will not be able to just turn up on the day with your car & park on the display parking!
They will just make you pay to in on the day & more than likely make you park in the visitors parking.

So to avoid this all you need to do is put your name down here & I will fill in the forms get your free ticket & give it to you before you go in.  8)
It won't even matter if the weather turns out crap & you change your mind because of it as it won't have cost you anything.  :D

So please tell me who would like to go to this one as soon as you can as that will make my life easier.  :D

Cool going so far moleman, Iancider +1, Crash test dummy +1, benchmark51

'The Gaffer'

damouk

sanzomat

I'll be coming. Do I have to say if I'll have a plus one now (to get the £12 rate)? or can I confirm this some time beforehand?

Cheers, Dave.

Moleman

Quote from: sanzomat on 12, March, 2015, 09:43:23 PM
I'll be coming. Do I have to say if I'll have a plus one now (to get the £12 rate)? or can I confirm this some time beforehand?

Cheers, Dave.

Dave any passengers & track time you want to pay early to get the discount you will have to click on the link at the start of this forum & pay separately but it will be nice to know if you are bringing someone with you.  :) As for the rest you can leave it to me.  :)

robp

Chlorate

Sounds fun!
Can my friend Martin and I bring his Cerbera along?

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Chlorate on 13, March, 2015, 01:07:08 PM
Sounds fun!
Can my friend Martin and I bring his Cerbera along?

The more the merrier :) This is a friendly club where everyone can join in.

Hairy Santa

can you include me please Colin, fingers crossed I will be up to it on the day

Iainl

Put me down as well, can't miss out on something so close
Cheers

paintman

Crash Test Dummy

Count me in for attending this show. Any excuse to get on the track!

damouk

CC Cyclone

Moleman

CC Cyclone

tigercub84

Could I go on the stand please. Does anyone on Here come from Swindon. I have seen a black kitcar in Swindon. Thanks

Moleman

You are most welcome to join us tigercub84, feel free to put your name down for any of our events we got coming up.  :D

Dixie

tigercub84

How does it work do I just turn up and say im in the club or do I need to get a pass before hand.

Bulldog Bri

You can put us on the list as well now bud. Anna's booking the weekend off work. ;D

8)

fromeflyer

benchmark51

Quote from: tigercub84 on 17, March, 2015, 10:38:09 AM
How does it work do I just turn up and say im in the club or do I need to get a pass before hand.

Yeah, but stuff a pillow under your jumper ;D ;D ;D

Moleman

Quote from: tigercub84 on 17, March, 2015, 10:38:09 AM

All I need at the moment is your name & if you are bringing a passenger. I will do the club form which will issue me the passes to which we will meet at a meeting point to hand them out or If you can meet us there I will arrange another way to get the ticket to you at another time.

Don't forget passenger tickets & track time can only be purchased through Castle combe so click on the link to do this.