News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Windscreen motor assembly

Started by foggy, 14, January, 2011, 08:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foggy

I hahve vertually finished the Hood now. Just one thing holding me up, the windscreen motor,although  whats been fitted works,to a fashion, it tends to jam up a lot, its a push pull type,probably what was in a Sierra,but its been cut down to fit. I would like to fit the old mini set up, or has any one got any ideas,any other ways of doing it?Just had a look around at a few sites, looks like I can get one for about £130.00. This is a 2 speed one, has any one fitted one of these?

paintman

The one on my Hood works quite good.....2 speed with no probs.    Never really looked at it as I never built it but I think it is probably Sierra as you said. Don't no if its been cut down though ..... could look if you like.

Tony

foggy

Hi Tony, mine do'esnt run smoothly.The electric motor is fine, its just the linkedge is not  right. I've had all this out last year and could'nt solve it then, but I am having another look at it.I just thought the mini ones look a lot simpliar.

peetee

That'll be a classic Robin Hood 'modification' I suspect?! Got a feeling mine was also useless, so ended up replacing the complete assembly. In the back of my mind, think it was mini or something similar?

Sumov8

The mini unit I have found quite reliable as long as you keep the run between the gearbox's without and sharp bends or kinks, the concept being that you have a smooth run for the spiral to be driven through.  Leyland installed them for over 30 years so they must be reliable
You may have to change the gear wheel to get the correct sweep for the blades on the wnd screen but if this is required the Robin Hood web site would have this covered, MY Cobra screen required a new wheel to get the full sweep across the screen
Best of luck
8) 8)

foggy

Took the old one out  again, how can something so simple be a pig to get it right? I will spend a couple of more hours on it-then it can go in the bin!